Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 602749 times)

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Re: Nist Akath. The Captain Deposed.
« Reply #3420 on: June 26, 2009, 11:30:56 am »

Yeah, constant sparring, I imagine. I'm hoping Morul can overtake them at least on attributes thanks to the orcs, which seem to skill Morul up MUCH faster than sparring in my fort.

How many years have those guards been at it? I'm curious because Morul has 1.51M xp now, which is just a bit behind the most experienced of them but it's taken him 42 years to earn that.

But that is seriously awesome. We need to throw Libash (or the closest you can get in DC) into the mix.

Most of them between 25-35 I believe.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: June 26, 2009, 11:53:27 am »

So, did you test a fight?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: June 26, 2009, 11:54:52 am »

How about the captain and morul mop the floor with a whole fort!
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Miggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: June 26, 2009, 12:46:12 pm »

Yeah, constant sparring, I imagine. I'm hoping Morul can overtake them at least on attributes thanks to the orcs, which seem to skill Morul up MUCH faster than sparring in my fort.

The secret to the Nist Akathian strength is skeleton elks. Lots and lots of skeleton elks.

Well, in my experience with Morul, wildlife has diminishing returns, mainly because the soldiers get so strong that while they may dispatch large numbers of critters, they expend almost no effort doing so. How long can it take a level 107 hammerdwarf to kill a skelk? 1 hit and then he moves on. That's still one hit. This isn't like most games where killing an creature delivers a specific number of experience. Here they'd skill up faster if it took longer to kill the elk, which is the opposite of what we usually see.

It makes no difference as long as there are enough skelks. At Nist Akath, there are always too many skelks.

Landstradd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: June 26, 2009, 01:04:13 pm »

The secret to the Nist Akathian strength is skeleton elks. Lots and lots of skeleton elks.

Well, in my experience with Morul, wildlife has diminishing returns, mainly because the soldiers get so strong that while they may dispatch large numbers of critters, they expend almost no effort doing so. How long can it take a level 107 hammerdwarf to kill a skelk? 1 hit and then he moves on. That's still one hit. This isn't like most games where killing an creature delivers a specific number of experience. Here they'd skill up faster if it took longer to kill the elk, which is the opposite of what we usually see.

It makes no difference as long as there are enough skelks. At Nist Akath, there are always too many skelks.
Which makes one wonder... how did the Captain run out during his bid for reelection?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: June 26, 2009, 01:12:46 pm »

I'm sure if you kill them fast enough, there's at least a GAP in the population. Of course, killing every one on the map doesn't seem to make them go away for ever.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: June 26, 2009, 01:33:12 pm »

Morul and Ironblood vs Glip (level 100 hammerman)

Morul and Ironblood both have adamantine gear, Glip has steel gear.
Round 5 and Round 6, which I believe to be the best rounds.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: June 26, 2009, 01:38:31 pm »

I think Ironblood should be given a pick, as miners use their mining skill when using a pick as a weapon.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: June 26, 2009, 01:43:16 pm »

If I could assign it as a weapon, I totally would.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: June 26, 2009, 01:49:13 pm »

If I could assign it as a weapon, I totally would.

You can, just make sure hes carrying the pick before you draft him, and make sure hes set to unarmed.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: June 26, 2009, 01:57:54 pm »

Wow, that's pretty awesome.

Normally skills top out at level 20 (give or take 1) and don't give any benefits beyond that point. I suspect it's different with military skills based on this.

If you left Glip with the same weapon/armor skills but reduced his str/ag/tough to the same level as Captain, I wonder how things would turn out? Morul would be the least skilled, but with the highest attributes, Gilp would be the most skilled, and Captain would be in between.

Need to get Glip into better armor though, to really know - but considering he cleaned the floor with both Morul and Captain and had 5x weaker armor, that's pretty impressive.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: June 26, 2009, 02:09:32 pm »

Yeah, I gave her steel armor and weapons as a handicap, but I had an extra =Adamantine Shield= lying around, so she picked it up and used it.  I'm pretty sure that's what gave her so many victories, because I did a few fights where she didn't wear armor (just used the shield) and still came out on top most of the time.

Kierjan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: June 26, 2009, 04:18:43 pm »

It looks like it would be impossible to wound Onol!

For a few Lulz, I would like to see what my (Kierjan Thunderstrapping) stats are.  Can I even beat down a skelk yet?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: June 26, 2009, 07:51:50 pm »

It's probably way, way, waaaaaaaaay, too late, but can I claim a dwarf? (assuming there are some left in the world that aren't in the fortress)

Barbarossa the woodcutter?

I know it's a glacier.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: June 26, 2009, 11:20:38 pm »

I think it was stated that there wouldn't be any new people.
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 265