Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 602752 times)

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nist Akath. The Captain Deposed.
« Reply #3405 on: June 26, 2009, 02:09:22 am »

Well, he has 6 more agility than the Captain, and nearly double the toughness, so he dodges more often, and his wounds are only brown instead of red.  The only thing that seems to get him is his pants lighting on fire.

Pants? That's why I have Morul in full adamantium - no fire. Get rid of the flammable crap. (You don't have to, there's SoF on Morul's map which I've been saving for the community to play with, so we'll find out eventually)

I was considering that, since Morul is a legendary marksdwarf, but the Captain has almost no skill with the crossbow.  Maybe I'll try that as a third fallback.

Shit, I can wipe out SoF with novice marksdwarves with the right setup. These are real dwarves, and real dwarves go mano-a-mano.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: June 26, 2009, 03:34:51 am »

I hate to tell you all this, but both Morul and Ironblood can be easily crushed by the might of ANY single Nist Akathian guard.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: June 26, 2009, 08:07:15 am »

Oh carp!  How'd that happen?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: June 26, 2009, 08:26:22 am »

Dwarf Fortress. Dwarf Fortress happened.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: June 26, 2009, 08:42:11 am »

Considering this, why is it that every character over the age of 20 in worldgen isn't legendary when you meet them?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: June 26, 2009, 08:46:18 am »

Because even Dwarf Fortress can't account for cretins who don't bother to attempt to beat a dragon to death with a sock.

Landstradd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: June 26, 2009, 09:23:56 am »

Nist Akath. The one place in all the universe where the random guards are actually heroes of legend.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: June 26, 2009, 09:31:59 am »

Wait, what the hell?  Level 107?  You can't even cheat your way that high!
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: June 26, 2009, 09:57:40 am »

Wait, what the hell?  Level 107?  You can't even cheat your way that high!
So no one can claim fraud, then ;D
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: June 26, 2009, 09:58:59 am »

I have no reason to modify these guys. They do very little other than spar and patrol.
Plus, hacking in DC does not alter the total xp, interestingly.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Miggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: June 26, 2009, 10:21:40 am »

I told you.

I told you.

By Armok... Look at the stats of those guys. See how low their armor user skill is compared to their shield and weapon skills? That's because they don't get hit anymore.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: June 26, 2009, 10:39:13 am »

Yeah, constant sparring, I imagine. I'm hoping Morul can overtake them at least on attributes thanks to the orcs, which seem to skill Morul up MUCH faster than sparring in my fort.

How many years have those guards been at it? I'm curious because Morul has 1.51M xp now, which is just a bit behind the most experienced of them but it's taken him 42 years to earn that.

But that is seriously awesome. We need to throw Libash (or the closest you can get in DC) into the mix.

Miggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: June 26, 2009, 10:43:10 am »

Yeah, constant sparring, I imagine. I'm hoping Morul can overtake them at least on attributes thanks to the orcs, which seem to skill Morul up MUCH faster than sparring in my fort.

The secret to the Nist Akathian strength is skeleton elks. Lots and lots of skeleton elks.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: June 26, 2009, 11:03:07 am »

Personally, I think Ironblood actually transcended legendary and started again.
That's the kind of badassery he'd pull off.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: June 26, 2009, 11:07:35 am »

The secret to the Nist Akathian strength is skeleton elks. Lots and lots of skeleton elks.

Well, in my experience with Morul, wildlife has diminishing returns, mainly because the soldiers get so strong that while they may dispatch large numbers of critters, they expend almost no effort doing so. How long can it take a level 107 hammerdwarf to kill a skelk? 1 hit and then he moves on. That's still one hit. This isn't like most games where killing an creature delivers a specific number of experience. Here they'd skill up faster if it took longer to kill the elk, which is the opposite of what we usually see.
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 265