Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 602748 times)

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nist Akath. The Captain Deposed.
« Reply #3345 on: June 23, 2009, 02:29:30 pm »

To add to that particular discussion, here is Ironblood, care of Dwarf Companion.
I will note that none of these have been modified in any manner not involving lots of work.

*snip*

I did the math, he's currently level 126.

Incidentally, how are the other old-time champions of Nist Akath doing? I can't remember the names of all of them, but I do remember that there are a couple of them that have seemingly done as much military work as the capt'n, just without the mining. I could imagine them actually have more in the combat-related skills (shield user, armor user, etc.), while maybe having slightly lower stats due to constant patrolling.

I would have to say that Ironblood approaches their ability level rapidly, although it's doubtful he'd ever reach it before the end of the fortress.
That said, the situation is, after having tested multiple times, that whoever gets the first hit in will always win the battle. They all do vast damage.

:o Say no such thing! How could any Nist Akath dwarf be better than the Captain? >:(

...Ah, whatever. :P
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: June 23, 2009, 02:54:15 pm »

This has been asked plenty in the Morul thread, as the debate is equally hot there. The guy doing Morul has a macintosh (I pity the fool!) and therefore does not have DC. However, since he got the floating orc glitch, he might be using windows (and DC) sometime soon. Not to give Moruls real stats then would be a sin.

Aw, dude, that's harsh. It's a new laptop and I just haven't had time to get Windows up and running. I'm going to try and get Windows installed tonight and running under VMWare. I can get his stats then.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: June 23, 2009, 04:32:00 pm »

:o Say no such thing! How could any Nist Akath dwarf be better than the Captain? >:(
...Ah, whatever. :P

They're not actually stronger than Ironblood, it's just that he trained in many more skills before moving to the armed services while they started as soldiers, so they have better soldiering skills.  He's also been demoted once or twice so he could lose his champion status and get married (and other stuff I don't remember).
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Fuco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: June 23, 2009, 04:55:01 pm »

Altho im two years late, i just want to thank you for the story (tho im not finished yet) It's awesomely (note: is that even a word?) written and very easy to follow. I like the part when captain went mad the most so far :D

You have some talent, keep it up!

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: June 23, 2009, 05:40:05 pm »

Hi, this thread is awesome.

Okay, that is all. WheeWhee
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: June 23, 2009, 06:23:45 pm »

This has been asked plenty in the Morul thread, as the debate is equally hot there. The guy doing Morul has a macintosh (I pity the fool!) and therefore does not have DC. However, since he got the floating orc glitch, he might be using windows (and DC) sometime soon. Not to give Moruls real stats then would be a sin.

Aw, dude, that's harsh. It's a new laptop and I just haven't had time to get Windows up and running. I'm going to try and get Windows installed tonight and running under VMWare. I can get his stats then.

Hey, chill dude... I didn't say you sucked if you didn't hurry to get windows installed, just if you withheld Morul's stats when you did. ^^
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Kroack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: June 23, 2009, 07:11:43 pm »

I also put this in the Most Interesting Dwarf in the World topic but I believe that Ironblood is also like this guy too...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Churchill   

Also, even though Ironblood may not have the greatest stats in Nist Akath it's not the numbers that make the Captain it's his personality.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 07:14:00 pm by Kroack »

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #3352 on: June 23, 2009, 07:46:50 pm »

I also put this in the Most Interesting Dwarf in the World topic but I believe that Ironblood is also like this guy too...

Also, even though Ironblood may not have the greatest stats in Nist Akath it's not the numbers that make the Captain it's his personality.

Fought through WWII with a bow, arrows, and a claymore huh?  This guys got some iron in his blood!  Hes my new hero!!!
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: June 23, 2009, 09:26:21 pm »

Er, perhaps I wasn't quite clear. Ironblood is the most experienced, and highly statted, dwarf by a gigantic margin. Only his combat skills are a few levels less legendary than that of the old guards.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Kroack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: June 23, 2009, 09:45:12 pm »

Er, perhaps I wasn't quite clear. Ironblood is the most experienced, and highly statted, dwarf by a gigantic margin. Only his combat skills are a few levels less legendary than that of the old guards.

Oh, okay my mistake.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: June 24, 2009, 12:05:31 am »

Ok, finally got Dwarf Companion running. How do I do the calculation here. Captain says that Ironblood is level 126, but I don't see how he got that. I stitched together a screengrab of Morul's stats:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Highlights:

1,459,874 XP
23 strength
25 agility
24 toughness

He's having trouble skilling up on weapons because it's all going to wrestling. Nice shield user skill though - those sieges are really cranking it up.

(crossposted to the quest thread)

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: June 24, 2009, 03:22:51 am »

Wow, I'm impressed.
Guaranteed, though, first hit kills in a battle between them.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: June 24, 2009, 09:44:14 am »

I think the Captain is looking a little doughy around the middle, Nist Akath needs some Screwpump exercise equipment! Think of Bromek!

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: June 24, 2009, 10:06:42 am »

Wow, I'm impressed.
Guaranteed, though, first hit kills in a battle between them.

Ironblood with an axe that'd be true. Morul has hardly any training on edged weapons so far, and with the mace he'd have to send Ironblood flying to kill on that first hit. I think Morul needs to skill up on either axe or sword to be as quickly lethal. Moruls main advantage is that he heals very quickly, so that first hit against him better remove something. If neither one got in a hit with their weapon and they resorted to wrestling, that would be interesting since they're very evenly matched. Morul stopped training wrestling at level 15 about 4 years back but has gone up to 38 by taking on sieges. With 15-30 orcs jumping him at once, his weapon really doesn't get used that much. Toss in a squad of bowmen at the same time, and that defense training really gets a rapid workout.

Not sure if the weapon stays in primary use in a 1x1 situation though, but I'd expect so.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: June 24, 2009, 12:30:16 pm »

I posted this in the other thread as well, but I'm nearly complete on setting up the ironblood/morul matchup.  I gave both of them their stats and military skills (since I can't find a dwarf with 73 skills to make legendary), and I'm just getting them both equipped now.  I'm pretty sure Ironblood fights in his clothes, but I decked him out in steel chain, since this isn't just a goblin he can punt 20 tiles.  Also, it's been posted in the other forum that morul wears nothing but adamantium (including his socks and shoes), so a lot of cheating later, I'm almost done with that.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 265