Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 602673 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Nist Akath. The Captain Deposed.
« Reply #3330 on: June 22, 2009, 10:22:02 pm »

ZOMG! An update.

Yay!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: June 22, 2009, 10:50:25 pm »

Acolyte's notes, 27th of Malachite, 1090
It's incredible, the Ironbloods continue to breed! Another boy!
It's dangerous, I think, to have so many more Progeny roaming around.

Especially when triumph is so close! Less than a year until the big day.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: June 22, 2009, 11:26:06 pm »

*gasp!* an update! i think its been around 50 pages of talk sense the last one!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: June 23, 2009, 01:51:39 am »

We have movement!

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: June 23, 2009, 01:55:05 am »

My gods. It's so glorious. My great-great-great grandfather told me about it, but I would never have imagined updates on Nist Akath being like this!
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: June 23, 2009, 01:57:40 am »

Dammit man, Oldbeard doesn't have grandparents.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: June 23, 2009, 02:33:51 am »

I was talking about me.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: June 23, 2009, 02:52:11 am »

Stop speaking like this! It's insanity!

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #3338 on: June 23, 2009, 02:56:23 am »

Hell yeah!  Updates!  I remember reading this thing when it started!  I cant believe its nearing its end.   :-\   Stupid universe and its ridiculous entropy.

Dammit man, Oldbeard doesn't have grandparents.

Haha check it out, I was messing around this weekend instead of doing something productive.  I coded Oldbeard.  I was thinking I could make him tell stories or something.  Right now, he just kinda rambles on forever and ever in a loop.   ::)

http://www.wheresmypage.com/DF/oldbeard.html
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: June 23, 2009, 03:21:13 am »

Hehe, that's hilarious. Incidentally, you do realize that at higher levels entropy is counteracted by that force known as gravity. Thus Oldbeard is the largest thing in the universe...... wait.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: June 23, 2009, 03:55:46 am »

Ha, that's brilliant!

Miggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: June 23, 2009, 11:33:00 am »

To add to that particular discussion, here is Ironblood, care of Dwarf Companion.
I will note that none of these have been modified in any manner not involving lots of work.

*snip*

I did the math, he's currently level 126.

Incidentally, how are the other old-time champions of Nist Akath doing? I can't remember the names of all of them, but I do remember that there are a couple of them that have seemingly done as much military work as the capt'n, just without the mining. I could imagine them actually have more in the combat-related skills (shield user, armor user, etc.), while maybe having slightly lower stats due to constant patrolling.

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: June 23, 2009, 11:58:47 am »

Oh. My. Armok. AN UPDATE! TIMES THREE! :o :D

I think I will now go sacrifice some goblins at a temple to Armok for this blessing. Armok be with you all. ;D
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: June 23, 2009, 12:36:31 pm »

Hehe, that's hilarious. Incidentally, you do realize that at higher levels entropy is counteracted by that force known as gravity. Thus Oldbeard is the largest thing in the universe...... wait.

Some would say he's bigger than sliced bread.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: June 23, 2009, 12:57:26 pm »

To add to that particular discussion, here is Ironblood, care of Dwarf Companion.
I will note that none of these have been modified in any manner not involving lots of work.

*snip*

I did the math, he's currently level 126.

Incidentally, how are the other old-time champions of Nist Akath doing? I can't remember the names of all of them, but I do remember that there are a couple of them that have seemingly done as much military work as the capt'n, just without the mining. I could imagine them actually have more in the combat-related skills (shield user, armor user, etc.), while maybe having slightly lower stats due to constant patrolling.

I would have to say that Ironblood approaches their ability level rapidly, although it's doubtful he'd ever reach it before the end of the fortress.
That said, the situation is, after having tested multiple times, that whoever gets the first hit in will always win the battle. They all do vast damage.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 265