Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 602722 times)

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nist Akath. The Captain Deposed.
« Reply #3315 on: June 21, 2009, 12:58:27 pm »

Any actual fight between Ironblood and Morul would probably end up 50/50, since they both probably do instant kill damage, so it's just whoever gets the first blow in wins. Despite his hardy tendencies, I can't imagine the captain surviving a 155 tile flight into a solid wall. And Morul wouldn't be able to fight with his head cut off. If the captain could utterly destroy a hydra's head with a single punch who knows just how terrible an axe cut from him is (Have anyone ever seen him get an axe stuck? No, they always go clean through whatever he hits at).

I'm pretty sure this is how it would work out in-game as well, since their stats probably go beyond what the game can understand.  They would walk up to each other, some flashing would occur, and one of them would die very messily.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: June 21, 2009, 01:12:03 pm »

Actually, remember this: Even though a skill might be legendary +5, as long as the dwarf keeps using that skill, they gain experience just as fast as with any other skill, and still level up their attributes at the same rate. So how many skills they each have wouldn't be an accurate measure, it's how much EXP, and we can't view that (or does D companion let us?). In fact, if you keep using a legendary skill, you probably gain XP faster because you do a task quickly and gain XP more frequently.

Also: Strength adds directly to damage, and toughness reduces directly from damage. So if one has 50 strength and one has 50 toughness, it's as good as two unskilled dwarves. Although i think strength pulls a random 0-strength#, whereas toughness is constant...

WTFin ever, there's a thread that explains the combat system in entirety, but the search sucks so i can't find it.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3317 on: June 21, 2009, 06:07:21 pm »

just want to make a not here. when my dwarf "Akhier Dragonheart" dies or Nist Akath ends he does not die but leaves so if I ever get around to making a fort I can use him as one of the starting 7.
just for visibility:
How is Akhier doing?
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: June 21, 2009, 07:42:14 pm »

Yeah people are ignoring the fact that Morul may be legendary in everything, but Ironblood is legendary + some utterly ridiculous number just in mining.  Still, I think it would be a pretty even matchup.

Now in the next version, when skills are linked to certain activities rather than just randomly levelling up when you gain skill it would be a very interesting match indeed. Morul would definately have the edge on mental attributes, but Ironblood would have muscles on his muscles' muscles. Although presumably there will also be some kind of practical limit on how strong you can get.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: June 21, 2009, 07:52:56 pm »

A practical limit on strength?

That's very undwarfy. :(
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: June 21, 2009, 08:21:54 pm »

Well your muscles can only get so big. But we're probably talking 'Arnold in Conan the Barbarian' level muscles for Ironblood here

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: June 21, 2009, 08:54:42 pm »

Not "Arnold in Terminator"? :P ;D

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: June 22, 2009, 08:51:09 pm »

To add to that particular discussion, here is Ironblood, care of Dwarf Companion.
I will note that none of these have been modified in any manner not involving lots of work.

I did the math, he's currently level 126.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: June 22, 2009, 08:54:12 pm »

just want to make a not here. when my dwarf "Akhier Dragonheart" dies or Nist Akath ends he does not die but leaves so if I ever get around to making a fort I can use him as one of the starting 7.
just for visibility:
How is Akhier doing?

He's dead, Jim.

From memory he was wounded and drowned in his own blood.

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: June 22, 2009, 09:17:13 pm »

Holy cow. That's crazy.

Don't dwarfs attain the superdwarvenly tough stat at 5 toughness? And Ironblood is 13.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: June 22, 2009, 09:41:47 pm »

Okay, so I'm pretty sure Morul still has more levels and stats than Ironblood, but Ironblood has a lot more levels than I thought he did.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: June 22, 2009, 09:44:04 pm »

Are we at all able to get some kind of screen shot of Morul's?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: June 22, 2009, 09:47:13 pm »

This has been asked plenty in the Morul thread, as the debate is equally hot there. The guy doing Morul has a macintosh (I pity the fool!) and therefore does not have DC. However, since he got the floating orc glitch, he might be using windows (and DC) sometime soon. Not to give Moruls real stats then would be a sin.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: June 22, 2009, 10:00:09 pm »

Mayoral Report - Lokum Lerommeng, 17th of Malachite 1090.
I seem to have heralded a recession with my re-election!
There's literally no work to be done! What little is occurring is privately for Ironblood himself, involving only the metalsmith making him an appropriately amazing sarcophagus.

It's very embarrassing to have the previous mayor as the only source of income around here.

I've been trying, unsuccessfully to find a solution. I even tried asking the Captain what he'd do in this circumstance, but his solution is apparently to build enormous tombs.
I think we currently have enough of those.

I had been hoping he'd be more amenable to assist my governance, but he mainly seems interested in honing his deadly skills with the axe. I can't bring myself to watch them, it's terrifying when the elites spar!
I hear tell that he uses a blunt axe in battle to challenge himself.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: June 22, 2009, 10:03:34 pm »

Captain's Log, 17th of Malachite 1090.
Today that idiot mayor had the gall to approach me and ask me for help with mayoring!
Why did she even run for mayor against me if she couldn't do the job?!
Not really interested in taking the job back, however. It's a rather big mess to inherit from her.
Bomrek and I have been busy raising the children. She's been busy learning bonecarving, and I have been busy sparring. The lads say I'm really coming along nicely.
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 265