Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 602669 times)

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
Re: Nist Akath. The Captain Deposed.
« Reply #3300 on: June 17, 2009, 11:37:08 pm »

so who is Morul? this is the second time I've heard of him killing Ironblood. But when I search all I find are infants and drowning victems. its apparently a fairly common Dwarf name.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: June 17, 2009, 11:40:34 pm »

Here. Lots of discussion of Morul vs Ironblood in this topic too.
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=34933.0

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: June 17, 2009, 11:48:22 pm »

I think I would have to come down on the side of Ironblood on that contest, as he has more battlefield experience as well as the support of the warriors of Nist Akath. Morul would be more of an Academic champion. plus the whole Ironblood having a second shot at it if he lost the first go since he gets the whole Armok revival thing.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: June 19, 2009, 01:57:02 pm »

Legendary in soapmaking doesent kill ironblood!
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: June 19, 2009, 04:30:30 pm »

Think about this, though: Morul has constantly done some form of work or another for over thirty years in a row, some of which even being fighting. Each of these activities raises Morul's physical attributes, which go far and away beyond what can be read as the maximum. Compare this to Ironblood, who has only really fought, pretty much, maybe eight times a year at most. His physical qualities are also above the readable maximum, but not nearly as much as Morul.

Also, take into consideration Morul's adamantine equipment compared to whatever Ironblood is equipped with (I forget :P).

If these two are combined, then it seems pretty clear that Morul would kill Ironblood, probably even twice if need be! 8)
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: June 19, 2009, 05:36:07 pm »

For a simpler example, take into account that when Morul hit an Orc with a silver mace, it flew 155 tiles until it splattered on the cliff face at the edge of the map.  Though Ironblood was able to take down a Hydra buck naked, so he's still a contender.

Also, this is my favorite suggestion for how the fight would go down.
Fools. If Morul was to fight Ironblood, none of them would be victorious.

Something along the lines of this would happen. (Don't mind the bothering narrative and the non-dwarven combatants. :P )

Morul would strike on Ironblood's shield while Ironblood would try to shieldbash Morul's weapon away. In essence, the sheer force of the combined impact would force upon the apocalypse. Both would survive this, of course, but the rest of dwarf- man- and elfkind would be destroyed and wiped away from all history.

And somewhere, on a distant planet light years away from the world as dwarves know it, a utopian society will go lost due to a shockwave pushing its planet out of orbit, and into the nearby sun.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: June 19, 2009, 09:20:03 pm »

I saw the explosion and started laughing maniacally :D
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: June 19, 2009, 11:08:51 pm »

That fight will be the only way Oldbeard will ever say: "Now, that is a REAL dwarvern fight!
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: June 20, 2009, 12:11:20 am »

I think the captain is the only person Oldbeard could possibly respect. Except Armok. And even he always cheated at poker.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: June 20, 2009, 01:16:37 pm »

The most logical way to settle the Morul/Ironblood score will be when both games are complete and the saves are posted.  Then we can just use dwarf companion to rebuild both of them in the same room and make one an enemy.  Maybe run 1000 simulations.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: June 20, 2009, 05:38:34 pm »

Well THEN Morul will win guaranteed because he has every mathematical advantage. DF doesn't actually calculate for Ironblood being awesome.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: June 20, 2009, 05:51:06 pm »

Actually, even then he could still lose, because he could simply waste all of his effort grappling Ironblood's fingers or toes and not even try to kill him. This is the same reason Ironblood died so many times against the hydra (though the Captain save-scummed).
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: June 20, 2009, 05:57:51 pm »

We'll ASSUME that they aren't retarded for mental tendencies not even a sober dwarf should be beholden to.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Miggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: June 21, 2009, 05:34:39 am »

Any actual fight between Ironblood and Morul would probably end up 50/50, since they both probably do instant kill damage, so it's just whoever gets the first blow in wins. Despite his hardy tendencies, I can't imagine the captain surviving a 155 tile flight into a solid wall. And Morul wouldn't be able to fight with his head cut off. If the captain could utterly destroy a hydra's head with a single punch who knows just how terrible an axe cut from him is (Have anyone ever seen him get an axe stuck? No, they always go clean through whatever he hits at).

The only actual way to determine who's the hardiest would be to see who could survive the most hammer strikes naked. :P

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: June 21, 2009, 07:48:54 am »

Ironblood. He fights naked all the time! Not to mention he has all that caked on green red and brown armor!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 265