Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 602728 times)

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Re: Nist Akath. The Captain Deposed.
« Reply #3120 on: April 14, 2009, 11:57:16 am »

Mayoral Report - Lokum Lerommeng, 13th of Limestone 1089
Well... the kingdom has sent their traders and yet more useless warriors have come to join our ranks.
I have no idea what to do with them all, so I just put them in a group and had Thingymaster look after them.
I told him to go take them to the training facilities.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Moose Fisher

• Bay Watcher
  • [DEBUG ERROR: THIS TEXT DOES NOT EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: April 14, 2009, 03:46:03 pm »

Ah, a Speardwarf!

Unless someone is higher up on the list, I'll take it.

(name her Bara)
"I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?"
-Elderly Hive Dweller

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: April 14, 2009, 03:56:01 pm »

I think that shes taken. Also, WOOT, SILVEREYE. Too bad he wasnt a human but meh, i get to be in the story now!

Captain, could you post Nist Akath's z screen? I want to see just how rich it is.

EDIT: Lol, looking at Silvereye's profile, he likes squares, hates risk and confrontations. Wow, im gonna make a shitty soldier.

Kierjan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: April 14, 2009, 07:54:59 pm »

Woot!  I am Kierjan Thunder...strapping...!?  Hey, thats still something!

Heres to a painful death!

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: April 14, 2009, 10:22:20 pm »

Woot!  I am Kierjan Thunder...strapping...!?  Hey, thats still something!

Heres to a painful death!

Evidently no word for stout.

Arphahat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: April 15, 2009, 11:01:54 am »

Notes of BurnedToast, 17th of Galena, 1089
With a somewhat disturbing determination, the Captain has set off into the snowstorm, armed with a pair of axes, each adorned in bone, clad in full steel armour, and carrying enough supplies to see him out for some time.

Indeed, so hasty was his departure into the snow, I had the woeful duty to inform his extremely angry wife. This was made considerably harder due to the reason she wanted to find him so urgently was her extremely recent giving birth to a son, Kogan Ironblood. Why she named him 'Boat' I have no idea. Maybe nostalgia for warmer climates has overtaken her.

Kodor too, has begun to wonder where he's been. All I've been able to tell them is rumours of hundreds of elk skeletons being discovered, scattered in the snow, and the occasional glimpse of him wandering the halls to restock on food.

The new mayor is also irritated by his disappearance, apparently having wanted to consult him in a number of mayoral matters.

Being winter, the blizzards are near endless. We have no idea where he is.

While he's been away, his pool accidentally flooded due to some mechanical failure. I

This post seems to end mid-sentence.  Is that a mistake, or was it intentional?

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: April 15, 2009, 11:13:54 am »

Notes of BurnedToast, 17th of Galena, 1089
With a somewhat disturbing determination, the Captain has set off into the snowstorm, armed with a pair of axes, each adorned in bone, clad in full steel armour, and carrying enough supplies to see him out for some time.

Indeed, so hasty was his departure into the snow, I had the woeful duty to inform his extremely angry wife. This was made considerably harder due to the reason she wanted to find him so urgently was her extremely recent giving birth to a son, Kogan Ironblood. Why she named him 'Boat' I have no idea. Maybe nostalgia for warmer climates has overtaken her.

Kodor too, has begun to wonder where he's been. All I've been able to tell them is rumours of hundreds of elk skeletons being discovered, scattered in the snow, and the occasional glimpse of him wandering the halls to restock on food.

The new mayor is also irritated by his disappearance, apparently having wanted to consult him in a number of mayoral matters.

Being winter, the blizzards are near endless. We have no idea where he is.

While he's been away, his pool accidentally flooded due to some mechanical failure. I

This post seems to end mid-sentence.  Is that a mistake, or was it intentional?

That was a mistake. I shall fix.

Mr Tk

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you like a mint? It's only waffer thin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: April 17, 2009, 12:30:20 am »

Ok, it's been a while since I was last here. Moving to another country and having to wait a month before I could get internet.

I'm glad that some of you liked the e-book version! BTW does anybody know of some (free) hosting I could the e-books. The rapids hare link has expired.
First ten minutes of play I ate my loincloth and then got some limbs torn off by a super friendly rat. Thumbs up from me.

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #3128 on: April 17, 2009, 07:10:37 am »

Ok, it's been a while since I was last here. Moving to another country and having to wait a month before I could get internet.

I'm glad that some of you liked the e-book version! BTW does anybody know of some (free) hosting I could the e-books. The rapids hare link has expired.

Well, you could host in on ebook-hood, but the Dwarf Fortress File Depot might be better.  Although it's ultimately up to you.
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: April 17, 2009, 03:33:47 pm »

wowzors.
Just finished reading 209 pages... That was a long three days.
I can't say I registered due to this story, but I can say this is my first post:-)

Gothmog

• Bay Watcher
  • Demands item in bedroom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: April 19, 2009, 08:20:40 am »

Nist Akath is a synonym for epicness. 
I took my precious time with reading it and I can only say that it was a very enjoyable experience :D

And as it is tradition I shall request... nothing. Since fresh dwarves semm to be out of stock  ;D

But you still get sieges and ambushes, right? If yes, could you please do the following:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: April 19, 2009, 08:30:42 am »

Nist Akath is a synonym for epicness. 
I took my precious time with reading it and I can only say that it was a very enjoyable experience :D

And as it is tradition I shall request... nothing. Since fresh dwarves semm to be out of stock  ;D

But you still get sieges and ambushes, right? If yes, could you please do the following:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Absolutely.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: April 19, 2009, 08:38:02 am »

Wow, a fortress that is sucking every dwarf out of every city they trade with!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: April 21, 2009, 11:47:18 pm »

Mayoral Report - Lokum Lerommeng, 1st of Granite 1090
Well, the new year arrives and I barely avoided some random dwarf being chosen for punishment over a failure to fulfil the requirements of the nobility.
I admit I was a little worried.
Still, it's the 90s now and it's time to look to the future!

Captain Ironblood has returned from the icy wastelands, citing that he ran out of skelk.
He's taken to undertaking heavy training with the elites.

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: April 22, 2009, 12:38:12 am »

he ran out of skelk.

:o :o could it be?? the captain has singlehandedly wiped out the skelk population? madness!
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 265