Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 602902 times)

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Re: Nist Akath. Brethren of the Tundra
« Reply #3045 on: March 30, 2009, 02:56:29 am »

SO how close are you to an update cap'tn?

This coming week I'm going to buy a better chip for the existing pc so that I'll hopefully be able to play without it being horrifically slow.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Hagadorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO-GIFTS] [NAUGHTY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: March 30, 2009, 05:50:22 am »

Obligatory praise, blah blah blah.

Go team.
You see, booze is a parasite. It lives off dwarves and compels them to dig into the ground so as to create massive defences to protect it's self. It really shouldn't be called dwarf fortress, Booze fortress would make much more sense.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: March 30, 2009, 11:26:21 am »

SO how close are you to an update cap'tn?

This coming week I'm going to buy a better chip for the existing pc so that I'll hopefully be able to play without it being horrifically slow.

Define a better chip, do you mean a CPU? Because those arent always compatible with the motherboard you have.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Ankarua

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: March 30, 2009, 12:46:43 pm »

*Blarg*  Read this in about a day, maybe a day and a half.  Epic to the max.  Good job, and can't wait for more!

Lemnx

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding Cheese
    • View Profile
    • Lem_Nx
« Reply #3049 on: March 30, 2009, 01:33:28 pm »

*Blarg*  Read this in about a day, maybe a day and a half.  Epic to the max.  Good job, and can't wait for more!

A day...

For the love of Armok, Go see a doctor ;_;!
..."I bumped Nist Akath and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"...

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #3050 on: March 30, 2009, 02:20:56 pm »

You may want to increase the amount of RAM as well, which should be able to be bought for relatively cheap prices.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #3051 on: March 30, 2009, 03:14:43 pm »

If it's RAM you're looking to improve, you can get a dirt cheap 2GB memory stick on Newegg.  The reviews portray it as reliable, but I don't have any experience with it myself.  It's the one I plan on getting (several of) when I start building my new computer.
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: March 30, 2009, 08:28:43 pm »

If it's RAM you're looking to improve, you can get a dirt cheap 2GB memory stick on Newegg.  The reviews portray it as reliable, but I don't have any experience with it myself.  It's the one I plan on getting (several of) when I start building my new computer.

Those arent universally compatible either though.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #3053 on: March 30, 2009, 10:32:57 pm »

Those arent universally compatible either though.
I know, but if they are compatible, they're definitely affordable.
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: March 31, 2009, 12:15:38 am »

Already have 2gb. Nist Akath doesn't chew up anywhere near that. Problem is definitely the chipspeed.
Currently have an AMD 2.4ghz single core. Going to get an old 3.2ghz dual core. I'm limited by socket type.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Minalkra Matal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://NO!
« Reply #3055 on: March 31, 2009, 10:09:33 am »

Already have 2gb. Nist Akath doesn't chew up anywhere near that. Problem is definitely the chipspeed.
Currently have an AMD 2.4ghz single core. Going to get an old 3.2ghz dual core. I'm limited by socket type.
I have an AMD 6000 Dual core (each core roughly 3gig).  I've tweaked my settings so that the screen is twice as big, twice as many things onscreen at once, and at 70-ish dwarves I'm slowing down like the dickens.  It helps to set affinity onDwarffort.exe to one core and set everything else as the other core (or as many things as you can).  Dwarf Fort isn't multithreaded, alas.
GENERATION 27:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kierjan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: March 31, 2009, 03:41:55 pm »

I know exactly how you feel.  My AMD 754 socket was extremely short-lived, and I already have the best processor I can find for it.  Oh yeah, PCI-Express hit the markets a few months after I got my board, too.  Stuck with AGP 8.

Madmonkey24

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: March 31, 2009, 04:33:17 pm »

I'd like to play.

Name: Madmonkey24
Profession: Just being stupid I guess

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #3058 on: April 02, 2009, 05:50:44 pm »

Just finished catching up with this via the excellent book version (thanks, whoever made that!). Last time I read was about when the Captain fought the hydra, so I had a LOT to go through.

It was all excellent, of course.

In fact I feel.. inspired. Inspired to parody!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 09:25:54 pm by Lord Dullard »

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: April 02, 2009, 06:25:26 pm »

0_0

HOLY. BLOODY. FUCKING. SHIT.

THAT WAS EPIC.
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 265