Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 602874 times)

TheToeBighter98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nist Akath. Brethren of the Tundra
« Reply #3015 on: March 24, 2009, 12:41:12 am »

I sure hope that we don't inadvertently cause these bumps, that would just be awful.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: March 24, 2009, 12:42:12 am »

How many bumps can a man walk down to get this thread locked?

Actually if only one person bumps it then that person is going to catch shit, not the thread.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: March 24, 2009, 01:33:02 pm »

I wouldn't say we're bumping it as much as we're making conversation.  The thread almost got locked initially because it had pages of posts like

OMGZ0RZ, CANNOT LET THIS GET TO PAGE 2!
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: March 24, 2009, 04:13:56 pm »

But without the stupid. Actually, I think it almost got locked when I suggested it should be stickyed
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 07:19:05 pm by Jackrabbit »

keenerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: March 24, 2009, 06:56:58 pm »

Hi all!  As is this thread's tradition, I have joined the forum just to post here.

I decided that enough was enough and made a single page version of the ENTIRE Nist Akath Saga.

http://redraftable.com/temp/nist_akath.zip

I've included the source code which will generate the book.  It is pretty crude, hacked out in about an hour.  I've also got a much more ambitious version in the works.  Think beautiful LaTeX formatted book.

Captain Mayday: if you like this could you link it in the first post?  (edit:  Thank you!)

I'll keep it updated as more posts are written.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 11:44:16 pm by keenerd »

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: March 24, 2009, 07:03:21 pm »

Hi all!  As is this thread's tradition, I have joined the forum to just to post here.

I decided that enough was enough and made a single page version of the ENTIRE Nist Akath Saga.

I've included the source code which will generate the book.  It is pretty crude, hacked out in about an hour.  I've also got a much more ambitious version in the works.  Think beautiful LaTeX formatted book.

Captain Mayday: if you liked this could you link it in the first post and maybe slip in a dwarf of any profession named Arcon? ;)

Bloody amazing. Also, dammit, you beat me to making a comprehesive list of all the posts; i was waiting for the saga to end. >_<

Oh, it looks like the book format loses a couple lines at the end. In mine it ended where Kogan grabs the Captains wrist to look for a mark. Otherwise, its amazing!

keenerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: March 24, 2009, 07:16:10 pm »

Oh, it looks like the book format loses a couple lines at the end. In mine it ended where Kogan grabs the Captains wrist to look for a mark. Otherwise, its amazing!

Thanks.  Fixed.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: March 24, 2009, 07:20:45 pm »

Hi all!  As is this thread's tradition, I have joined the forum to just to post here.

Captain Mayday: if you liked this could you link it in the first post and maybe slip in a dwarf of any profession named Arcon? ;)

Bloody amazing. Also, dammit, you beat me to making a comprehesive list of all the posts; i was waiting for the saga to end. >_<

Argh, yay ninja'd me. Awesome stuff

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: March 24, 2009, 09:03:24 pm »

thats going to be amazingly helpful for people who dont want to wade through pages of generic praise/bumps to get to the story.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

TheToeBighter98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: March 24, 2009, 11:34:51 pm »

thats going to be amazingly helpful for people who dont want to wade through pages of generic praise/bumps to get to the story.

This person gets it, but not quite yet.

I dare to say this, bump.

If you can't take a joke, then I hate you.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: March 24, 2009, 11:38:38 pm »

Okay, I've updated the first post with that and another one from Mr Tk.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

keenerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: March 24, 2009, 11:40:49 pm »

Glad you guys like it.  Feel free to use my code/list for your own compilation.

Fixed a few more glitches.  There were a handful of spots where a post was duplicated and skipped.  These were from errors in the PDF of links.  Instead of 'ABCD' it occasionally goes 'ABBD'.

More eyes checking for errors and omissions would be most appreciated.  Besides, a story like this deserves to be re-read.

Though I've got to admit, Mr Tk's version is excellent.  He's even got the expired pictures.  My quick hack is humbled before his polished editing.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 11:50:18 pm by keenerd »

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #3027 on: March 25, 2009, 03:07:52 pm »

Would you mind posting a recent details/thoughts page for Captain Ironblood?

Not sure I'm describing it well... what I mean is the "personality" info you posted much earlier on here.  I'm rather interested in seeing some of the traits the captain has picked up over the years...
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: March 25, 2009, 04:34:38 pm »

Hey mayday, you have a dwarf fortress 40d# version? They are a massive improvement and might crank your FPS up quite a bit.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: March 25, 2009, 06:16:01 pm »

Hey mayday, you have a dwarf fortress 40d# version? They are a massive improvement and might crank your FPS up quite a bit.

What does it add?
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 265