Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 602849 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nist Akath. Brethren of the Tundra
« Reply #2715 on: February 12, 2009, 12:57:51 am »

boy do I look polliticaly correct. Oops.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: February 12, 2009, 03:43:54 am »

what version of DF is required to run nist akath ?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: February 12, 2009, 03:56:02 am »

what version of DF is required to run nist akath ?
Most recent ones all work.

I'll also note a few things:
Nist Akath has around 17000 engravings.
Ironblood only shows as having a handful of kills because part of the game recognizes his long list of bloodshed, and part of it doesn't. Weird.
Only one age is recorded in this world. "The Draconic Age". As far as I can tell, this is because there is only one dragon left in the world. It is the ONLY megabeast left. This MIGHT be the dragon imprisoned in Nist Akath itself. I haven't yet checked.
On that note, at least one guard has proven capable of making a dragon explode when struck with a hammer.
Coins are everywhere.
I am additionally doing a Terragen 2 render of Amethalina, the large world in which Nist Akath is set.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 04:03:59 am by Captain Mayday »
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: February 12, 2009, 04:29:37 am »

On ironblood's kills, isn't that because Toady implemented the kill-counting feature partway through Nist Akath?  Or are later kills also not showing up?

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: February 12, 2009, 04:55:36 am »

On ironblood's kills, isn't that because Toady implemented the kill-counting feature partway through Nist Akath?  Or are later kills also not showing up?

Yeah, cos of the implementation being made at that stage. So it's only been counting AFTER the main goblin sieges are long past.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: February 12, 2009, 06:22:39 am »

haha, the only megabeast left and it gets easily exploded by a simple guard
damn, this fort is hardcorest
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: February 12, 2009, 07:46:41 am »

Yay!

I can't wait to adventure in Nist Akath!
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: February 12, 2009, 01:09:00 pm »

I've had the same issue with Dorenemal. I upgraded to a newer but compatible version and all of the previous history was, for lack of a better term, wiped in game. It still existed, and engravings could be found of the events, but the game no longer recognized the kills. Even in the Legends section the first few years of the fortress history are simply absent.

I suppose that's one disadvantage of switching versions.
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Kierjan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: February 15, 2009, 08:12:43 pm »

Hello!  Ive been reading for months, and like everyone else, I love it.  I havent even played DF yet, but I will sooner or later.  Since things are coming to a close, I figured its a "Now or Never" for getting a dwarf in before the end, so I made an account and here I am.  A shame, I should have done it much sooner, so I might hit legendary or some level of power before it gets ugly, but what the heck.

Name: Kierjan Thunderstout

Profession: Im flexible as to the class, but I want military, Axe, Sword, Marks, whatever you have handy.  Maybe even conscript a Miner, mason, or something.  I just want to bash skulls at some point!

Its a long-running D&D, WoW, WAR, whatever Dwarf character Ive had a long time.  You could call me a fan of dwarf-kind.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: February 15, 2009, 08:54:18 pm »

haha, the only megabeast left and it gets easily exploded by a simple guard
damn, this fort is hardcorest

not to sound like a smartass but that wasnt the last megabeast. ironblood said that was in prison. he just said the gaurd was able to exxplode A dragon.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: February 16, 2009, 05:59:57 pm »

Not to sound like someone who knows how big the number one is -IE: a smartass- but since a dragon's a megabeast, there is only one megabeast left in the world, and megabeasts don't breed, then the guard killed the dragon.

Solarn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: February 16, 2009, 06:10:54 pm »

Not to sound like someone who knows how big the number one is -IE: a smartass- but since a dragon's a megabeast, there is only one megabeast left in the world, and megabeasts don't breed, then the guard killed the dragon.
Uhh... the exploded dragon was not the same as the one captive in Nist Akath. There were quite a few megabeasts in the world before the trapped dragon became the only one. At least four of them have been killed in Nist Akath's early history, mostly by the Captain.

Smartass.

azrael4h

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Dwarf Fortress-centric You Tube videos, part of my nominally vintage gaming channel.
« Reply #2727 on: February 16, 2009, 09:16:43 pm »

Didn't the Captain kill a Titan and a Colosuss once? I know he strangled a Hydra while naked. Pretty sure 3 at least are his kills.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: February 16, 2009, 09:27:16 pm »

Didn't the Captain kill a Titan and a Colosuss once? I know he strangled a Hydra while naked. Pretty sure 3 at least are his kills.

he has killed a titan. i dont feel like going back to confirm he killed a collosus.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: February 16, 2009, 09:51:27 pm »

Im pretty sure the Captain has 3 collossi statues in his (now BurnedToast's) office....
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 265