Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 603100 times)

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nist Akath. Brethren of the Tundra
« Reply #2580 on: January 29, 2009, 06:52:18 pm »

i remember it once got to -32 f in america. and even lower before that.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: January 29, 2009, 08:25:35 pm »

Im over here in texas, very hot during the summer, occasionally freezing during the winter. (we even got snow down here in houston just before christmas!)

Im originally from siberia in russia though, which, contrary to popular belief, IS NOT ALWAYS ICELOCKED/FREEZING. Especially where i come from; the Urals screw up our weather patterns badly, it can be warm and sunny, then an hour later its windy and raining, then 12 hours later your ass freezes off and frost forms on the ground. And thats in the summertime; winter just freezes everything.

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: January 29, 2009, 08:37:02 pm »

Ah, so you're totally used to Texas weather then.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: January 29, 2009, 08:46:15 pm »

Nope. Im still incredibly uncomfortably at anything above 75 degrees.  :P My preferred temperature is about 67 or so.  ;D The sad part is that i still havent aclimatized after 12sh years here.

Sareth

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the lever.
    • View Profile
Re:Nist Akath: Worldwide Weather Report
« Reply #2584 on: January 29, 2009, 10:41:16 pm »

This thread should be renamed Nist Akath: Worldwide Weather Report

Kardos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: January 29, 2009, 11:29:05 pm »

The nice thing about the Canadian prairies and North.  It's like Siberia, unless you account for the STABLE weather patterns. (aside from the occasional snowstorm in the summer near the Rockies)  That said, much safer to have a cold winter instead of a near 0 (Celsius) winter.  No danger of 3 week long blackouts due to ice storms. Yup, soooo glad I don't live in Ontario right now.   :D

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: January 29, 2009, 11:58:46 pm »

Yep, no danger of blackouts where i used to live (and where it seems all my relatives live), very few people have constant electricity, and few come to rely on it as much as americans.

Sareth: Nist Akath: Worldwide Weather Report: The Cold Edition, With Warnings About The Dangers of No Ozone Layer

Meh, all us cold dwellers should move somewhere and start building Nist Akath....that would be pretty cool.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: January 30, 2009, 03:46:48 am »

What? Dig out an undergroun bunker with underground farms, water source and even a smithy, all in the middle of a frozen wasteland?

I support this. DO YOU?

Mr Tk

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you like a mint? It's only waffer thin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: January 30, 2009, 04:39:05 am »

What? Dig out an undergroun bunker with underground farms, water source and even a smithy, all in the middle of a frozen wasteland?

If Captain Mayday is from Victoria then they all ready have underground bunkers to escape raging burning landscape.
First ten minutes of play I ate my loincloth and then got some limbs torn off by a super friendly rat. Thumbs up from me.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: January 30, 2009, 04:54:33 am »

If Captain Mayday is from Victoria then they all ready have underground bunkers to escape raging burning landscape.

Wait, we do?
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: January 30, 2009, 06:47:51 am »

WHAT?

Alhamdulillah (Thank God) we haven't got that things... yet

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: January 30, 2009, 04:41:10 pm »

Wait, we do?

Wait, you dont? You should; its much cooler underground, especially with a/c.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: January 30, 2009, 08:09:50 pm »

Wait, we do?

Wait, you dont? You should; its much cooler underground, especially with a/c.

The only place I know where the inhabitants live underground is Coober Pede
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: January 30, 2009, 08:32:31 pm »

The cool thing about underground enviroments is that they're whatever you want them to be: dry, moist, warm, hot, cold, cool; you just have to make them.  ;D Oh, and they'll presumably help against the unavoidable zombie outbreak, so thats a plus. >:(

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: January 30, 2009, 08:35:42 pm »

The cool thing about underground enviroments is that they're whatever you want them to be: dry, moist, warm, hot, cold, cool; you just have to make them.  ;D Oh, and they'll presumably help against the unavoidable zombie outbreak, so thats a plus. >:(
Of course, any real subterranean environment is doomed to run out of energy eventually, so if the zombies are immortal then we're screwed.   :P
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 265