Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 603290 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Nist Akath. Brethren of the Tundra
« Reply #2325 on: November 15, 2008, 10:25:55 pm »

"NICE AND SHINY!" screamed the goblin, holding a boot aloft. Somehow the mud seemed... polished.

I'll be carp'd, the gobbos are good for something. The ability to make any substance seem polished. Niche ability, but damn. If it can do that with anything...Polished blood...
Actually, I believe that there was an old southern North American (or possibly northern South American) culture that would use animal blood to make the dirt floors of their clay houses look shiny (possibly adobe? can't remember all the details, obviously).
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: November 15, 2008, 10:38:15 pm »

Actually, I believe that there was an old southern North American (or possibly northern South American) culture that would use animal blood to make the dirt floors of their clay houses look shiny (possibly adobe? can't remember all the details, obviously).
The poor saps probably had no clue that they were spreading disease all over their domiciles.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: November 15, 2008, 10:40:21 pm »

The poor saps probably had no clue that they were spreading disease all over their domiciles.
The idea was that they'd wait for the blood to dry and then the floor would be hard and shiny.  Not a very suitable habitat for diseases, at least bacteria-based ones.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: November 16, 2008, 03:34:51 am »

I would love "Brackish Jones" the mason and miner, if another Dwarf comes your way

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: November 16, 2008, 04:58:33 am »

The idea was that they'd wait for the blood to dry and then the floor would be hard and shiny.  Not a very suitable habitat for diseases, at least bacteria-based ones.
http://books.google.com/books?id=LrSoMy8dsdgC&pg=PA155&lpg=PA155&dq=earth+and+ox+blood,+floors&source=bl&ots=FgUhAVrEEH&sig=DZu62TZWH1EW2A8tXoqrKxfCF5M&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=2&ct=result

Yay google books.

I'm sensing someone will suggest this to Toady...
I mean, who could resist a +Cat Blood Adobe Floor+

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: November 16, 2008, 10:54:57 am »

Or +Dwarf blood shrine+...Actually, I'd want that to be implemented. "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!" *Slashes throat of a nearby dwarf* "Perfect, now we can get to work on the floor of this temple for Armok."...or does Armok prefer the blood of gobbos for his temples? Better do both, just to be safe...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 10:56:45 am by Mad Larks »
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: November 16, 2008, 01:01:28 pm »

Oh, man, did I just derail Nist Akath?
Just so I remember

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: November 16, 2008, 01:28:27 pm »

yes until the captain comes out with another update.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Lemnx

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding Cheese
    • View Profile
    • Lem_Nx
« Reply #2333 on: November 16, 2008, 04:45:00 pm »

At least this discussion has actual content. Unlike the last 10 pages of bumps :P!
..."I bumped Nist Akath and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"...

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2334 on: November 16, 2008, 07:52:26 pm »

here, a shrine for Captain made out skelk bones menaced with spikes of goblin bone with hanging rings of hydra leather and shined with the blood of a traitor dwarf
        ^             ^             ^
        |             |              |
     <|\         /|\          /|>
     <| \       /    \       /  |>
     <|  \__/      \__/    |>
<==|                              |==>
  |  <\       Captain       />  |
  o </      Ironblood     \ > o
     <|______________|>
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: November 16, 2008, 09:36:56 pm »

here, a shrine for Captain made out skelk bones menaced with spikes of goblin bone with hanging rings of hydra leather and shined with the blood of a traitor dwarf
        ^             ^             ^
        |             |              |
     <|\         /|\          /|>
     <| \       /    \       /  |>
     <|  \__/      \__/    |>
<==|                              |==>
  |  <\       Captain       />  |
  o </      Ironblood     \ > o
     <|______________|>

The shine thing really only works if the object is made of the appropriate soil mixture.  Blood on its own will not make something shine when dried.
Just so I remember

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: November 16, 2008, 10:44:01 pm »

discuss.
who deserves more blood?
ironblood or the blood god?
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Kardos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: November 16, 2008, 11:28:13 pm »

Perchance Ironblood IS the Blood God.  Hence his name.  The Cap'n is really nothing more then blood with an abnormally high content of iron (allowing a solidified form) who just so happens to be in the shape of a dwarf.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: November 17, 2008, 01:07:00 am »

I made it to the end of current posts!! And it only took me 2 days.

Have to say that I am loving this story and can't wait to see what craziness happens next.

Also I'd like a dwarf if you ever have an empty space

Name: Fireheart
Profession: Sworddwarf

Keifru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: November 17, 2008, 12:41:17 pm »

Heh, I hope there is never a dwarven concert. If Ironblood gets in to mosh...  ::)
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 265