Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 603330 times)

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Re: Nist Akath. Journeys of the Brother
« Reply #2265 on: November 03, 2008, 09:32:58 pm »

Oh Cap'n, My Cap'n!

If you are interested in having your story presented in pure Entry-Entry-Entry HTML format my website is available! I would proudly scour a million pages in the process!

That would be awesome. For your convenience, the majority of the posts are covered in the pdf supplied in the first post.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Bokkie3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: November 04, 2008, 11:30:25 pm »

Generic Praise x 10
Took forever too read because I'm both lazy and its realllllly long.

Lemnx

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding Cheese
    • View Profile
    • Lem_Nx
« Reply #2267 on: November 06, 2008, 09:20:40 pm »

I shall begin the process as soon as time allows!

Edit: I will have to create a banner and page background... My Photoshop skills are sufficient but I would like the opinion of the community on the banner.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 09:24:22 pm by Lemnx »
..."I bumped Nist Akath and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"...

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: November 08, 2008, 04:23:13 am »

page 2 ?

oh no you don't
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: November 08, 2008, 07:06:17 am »

Oh no you didn't!

64bitrobot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: November 09, 2008, 09:54:01 am »

Oh ho? On the way to page 2? Not on my watch!

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: November 09, 2008, 09:55:46 am »

I just read through this entire topic in one night.

It was awesome.
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
They're like little bearded corals.

Walliard

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: November 09, 2008, 12:03:32 pm »

Just finished it myself. I thought for sure it must be finished, but it looks like I have even more to look forward to.
Toady, how much of DF is inspired by Labyrinth? Is Armok actually David Bowie? Because that would simultaneously be disturbing and awesome.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: November 09, 2008, 12:22:45 pm »

Just finished it myself. I thought for sure it must be finished, but it looks like I have even more to look forward to.
Such a foolish thought.  Surely, something as good as this could not be held in a mere 150 pages.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Walliard

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: November 09, 2008, 02:03:17 pm »

Such a foolish thought.  Surely, something as good as this could not be held in a mere 150 pages.

Not when said pages also must hold back a torrent of bumps, no.
Toady, how much of DF is inspired by Labyrinth? Is Armok actually David Bowie? Because that would simultaneously be disturbing and awesome.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: November 09, 2008, 03:08:29 pm »

yeah, that too. I wonder how many bumps this thread holds

I thought that too! imagine my glee when I discovered otherwise
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 07:22:13 pm by Jackrabbit »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: November 09, 2008, 03:53:43 pm »

Once I had nearly read what was ,at the time, the whole thing,  I thought "dang, there's no way this is gonna be done by page 144 . . . "

I was disappointed that I had to wait, but far more excited about the adventure mode segment.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: November 09, 2008, 10:35:43 pm »

just finished reading from halfway to the end. and god damnit i wish i wasnt at the end.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: November 10, 2008, 03:56:20 am »

Entropy returned not long later, with another member of the Progeny in tow, Arc Darkhelm, an axedwarf of the westlands.
They'd been scouting out our next target, a titaness named Eletha Tightnessbraids the Yearling of Dwellings, who resided in a cave called Hateshadows the Shrieks of Worth.
Fortunately, they reported that the titan was alone there, apart from some normal cave beasts.

Aliwe advised us that this Titaness had been busy causing mayhem, and was setting up cults to the Soulsmith in various places. Where a cancer grows, it must be removed. Eletha was set to be removed.
We headed to the cave in question only to find Eletha outside.
She reeled off an impressive list of murders, and, in good grace, we let her finish her little speech.
Then we launched our assault. This time, I am pleased to say, we came away without any deaths, apart from that of the titaness, of course.
Both Entropy and Arc had their legs broken, but the Titaness swiftly succumbed to pain as I twisted my blade in her flesh. The others continued their assault, mortally wounding the monster in several locations.
Eventually the monster bled out. Just another casualty in the war against the Soulsmith.
We returned to Aliwe, taking some time as our wounded could not move very quickly. By the time we returned, he already had another task for us.

In the north lay a cave named Wastemines the White Evenness. There, he told us, dwelled a gray dragon named Etog Gorgemined the Earthen Wealth.

You may wonder, why were we to destroy a gray dragon.
I asked that too.
Aliwe told us that this dragon had struck down Iritha Conventclasps, the Searing Canyons, one of the Avatars, over 1300 years ago, and had never been punished for the crime. He had also slain countless other creatures."

The monster dwelled there with its brother, so we had two of the beasts to contend with. Unfortunately its brother was responsible for the slaughter of seven Avatars, so we did wonder how we were going to contend with something that powerful.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: November 10, 2008, 04:30:19 pm »

Lock and load. Down with the dragons!!

NO FEAR!!
Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 265