Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 602629 times)

Royal Surveyor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nist Akath. Betrayal in the Tundra.
« Reply #1920 on: July 20, 2008, 02:39:48 pm »

Well, if you're looking for adventuring companions, I'd love to get in the queue and take one.

Call him "Boris," as in "Boris the bolt dodger."
Ideally, I'd like him to be a good shield user and wrestler, but I'd settle for a drunkard who thinks he's such.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nist Akath. Journeys of the Brother
« Reply #1921 on: July 21, 2008, 02:08:11 pm »

Heh, nice new thread title, Cap'n. I'm guessing it's not gonna be much longer now, eh?
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: July 21, 2008, 02:32:28 pm »

The Tale Commences.
Kodor takes a book out of his trousers, and thumbed through the pages until he found the one he was looking for.
Looking up at his brother he smiled. "A lots happened in the meantime. These are my reminders."

He traced his finger to the line in question.
"The Dreamy Construct, Enomon."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had entered the halls of Manyseals across the Dune of Jailers.
This was my first true stop in the land of Enomon. I knew little of this particular region and walked up to the most nearby dwarf.
I introduced myself to him, and discovered his name to be Bonepicker Mirrorconfused.
After discovering some information about the local area, I attempted to continue on, only to find him following me.
I have opted to allow this poor soul to journey with me, perhaps in our travels he will find a better place in this world.

We opted to head north, to the town of Sunfishers upon the Waxy Hill. Bonepicker had heard tell of a brave warrior who ran that town, and wondered if we might find work there.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

stirpot

• Bay Watcher
  • Born and raised by a loaf of bread
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: July 21, 2008, 04:41:06 pm »

Finally, Nist Akath is back!

IAmTheRad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: July 21, 2008, 04:43:53 pm »

Sweet! Nist Akath lives again! Do we need to put the sinistar sound clip in somewhere?
"BEWARE I LIVE!"

DarkMagnus

• Bay Watcher
  • It's a comfort sash, ok?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: July 21, 2008, 06:14:56 pm »

If you ever get a human swordsman to help you, could you name him Seran? Can't wait for the next chapter.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: July 21, 2008, 08:24:04 pm »

ITS.....ALIVE!!!! NIST AKATH IS ALIVE!!!!

AHAHAHA!!!  ;D

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: July 22, 2008, 01:08:26 am »

Good golly, i hope my character is found soon, and i also need an update to remind myself why this thread is so great, not really but it helps.
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: July 22, 2008, 04:58:10 am »

Captain, I gladly offer you my little brother to eat.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: July 22, 2008, 12:05:42 pm »

The Seventeenth of Granite, 1063

"This hammerman, he's congenial?" asked Kodor.

Bonepicker sighed. His master was worried about this meeting, although he couldn't say he blamed him. His master had little but the weapon and armour to call his own.
Kodor had grown more agitated as they had entered the town, and now they stood before the inn within which the Hammerman Bugi Reveredsystem held council.

"Yes, master, he's a good man from all reports. A family man. We've certainly not had trouble with him."

"I guess we'll see for ourselves then."

"Yes master."

They entered the inn, which was busy apart from a large man on the level above. By his dress they identified him as the town's leader.

Kodor walked up to him, and bowed. "Greetings good sir."

Bugi appraised him. "You have the look of a warrior about you, Dwarf."

"Aye." replied Kodor, nodding. "Have you need of one?"

Bugi chuckled. "It so happens we do. As you may know, my guards and I must remain here to defend the town from whatever threatens it. Perhaps you could prove your usefulness to us by dealing with a minor matter we cannot allow to distract us."

"Perhaps I could. What would it earn me?"

Bugi smiled. "Friends in high places, perhaps."

Kodor considered this a moment. "A minor matter you said." he ventured.

"A gargoyle. Nothing major. Goes by the name of Wordsforked and lives out in the Laborious Towers, in a cave we call Reingedumbral. West of here about half a day."

"What's he done?"

"A while back there was a huntress named Isa Axesearch. Whilst she was no hero, she did manage to slay a number of feared beasts out on the Mortified Steppes. We have four gargoyles on her record. She first met Wordsforked on her first foray, but he managed to escape. I recall she always regarded him as the one who got away. Six years ago Wordsforked ambushed her, and tore her to pieces. There was a lot of blood at the scene, so we thought maybe he'd dragged his sorry arse off to die someplace. No such luck."

Kodor thought it over a moment. It had been a long time since he'd had cause to test his skill as a warrior. "I'll check it out for you."

"Good. Anything of value you find is yours to keep. You might be able to find somebody brave or foolish enough to lend you a hand. No doubt your servant here will prove of little use in a true struggle."

"I'll take it under advisement."

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: July 22, 2008, 12:22:33 pm »

Kodor wandered the town for a little while, Bonepicker in tow.
The various warriors he met were either too wounded for adventure, or unwilling to follow a nobody such as himself. This riled him a bit. Back in Amethalina he had become known as something of a skilled warrior.
Home was a long way away now, though, so he was forced to make do with what he could.

He certainly hoped Olon was having an easier time of it in the mercantile trade.

Finally he gave an exasperated sigh. "I give up, Bonepicker. I guess we go alone."

"As you say, sir."

========================
The Eighteenth of Granite, 1063

The afternoon sun was warm in a cloudless sky, and a cool breeze blowed, whipping sand around Kodor's feet as he looked around the area.
A full moon was slowly rising in the east. There wasn't much time before dark.

"We don't have much light, sir." noted Bonepicker.

"Quite so." replied Kodor. "We'd best make short work of this."

"Well we are dwarves, sir!" joked Bonepicker.

Kodor chuckled. It wasn't racism when a dwarf said it.
Suddenly he came upon the entrance to the cave, a hole sinking quickly into the ground.

"I hope its not too dank in there." he mumbled, as they began their descent into the cavern.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: July 22, 2008, 01:05:03 pm »

Kodor crept slowly through the cave, mentally mapping out the space in the way a dwarf naturally does.
A cave swallowman flung itself at him, furious at his trespass, only to find itself separated from its head moments later.

Kodor wandered around a short time before realizing the caves size had been grossly overestimated.

"Lets take a look on the surface." he said to Bonepicker. "Perhaps we missed something."

Another cave swallowman attempted, unsuccessfully, to block his exit from the cave. Kodor grimaced as he wiped their blood from his blade.

Looking around more intently, he discovered many trinkets laying upon the ground. He commenced collecting them as his 'Payment'. Not that he'd done the job yet.
He was bending over picking up an earring when the gargoyle appeared and attacked Bonepicker.

His blade flashed out as Bonepicker screamed for help. The Gargoyle was leering over him, a one-eyed creature intent on tasting Bonepicker's flesh.

"Filthy creature!" he snarled as he ran to Bonepicker's aid. Bonepicker was badly scratched, and was struggling to hold the gargoyle's vicious claws at bay.

Kodor's sword flashed, slicing away the gargoyle's remaining eye. It reared back in pain, and Bonepicker used the change to roll aside.

Kodor's razor sharp blade swept in again, slicing away the gargoyle's leg first, before a lethal blow was struck.

Left with an interesting statue, Kodor directed Bonepicker to carry it back to town as evidence and as trade goods.

=================================
The Nineteenth of Granite, 1063
Kodor motioned for Bonepicker to set the gargoyle's corpse statue down on the floor in the inn. Bugi clapped as he surveyed it.

"It seems you can get things done. Was it much trouble?"

"Not really. Nothing a good blade couldn't sort out."

"Excellent. I take it you found some treasures whilst there?" asked Bugi, eying Kodor's backpack.

"Some. Nothing of great value. But it wasn't a particularly dangerous task, so I'll consider it fair pay."

Bugi nodded. "I have another job for you, if you think you're up for it."

"Another gargoyle?" asked Kodor with disdain.

"Not exactly. We need you to strike down one of those disgusting tigermen. He calls himself Yedele Heatedunite, and is rather handy with a blowgun. I suggest caution."

"I'll consider it." replied Kodor, uncertainly. He'd have to check out Heatedunite's history before making a decision on this one.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: July 22, 2008, 01:54:15 pm »

Kodor stepped outside for a quiet chat with Bonepicker.

"You know of this Heatedunite?" he asked.

"I know of her." nodded Bonepicker.

"Her? Bugi said it was a him!"

Bonepicker shrugged. "The human can't tell the difference, then. Most of them seem alike to us, after all."

"So, what's her story then?"

"She's something of a thief. Not a very good one. More to the point she is the leader of the Empire of Dimpling. Relax, not a real empire. Just the group that controls the town. I would say she's unlikely to be a threat, but she's unlikely to be on her own."

"Do you think we can pull it off?" asked Kodor, uncertainly.

"Yes, but I doubt we should. Bugi is probably using us to make it look like the Dreamy Construct had a hand in it, instead of letting the blame fall on himself."

"So, we pass?"

"Perhaps we should see if the Tigermen have a better offer."
============================
The Twentieth of Granite, 1063

They wandered into Unionsclutches, sweltering under the oppressive, wavering heat of the clear sky.
"Not a cloud..." muttered Kodor ruefully, patting the sweat away from his forehead.

The Tigermen nodded as they passed. Surely these were not the feared creatures that Bugi had warned them of.

Yedele was simply standing in the open, next to her husband, whom Bonepicker had informed him was also named Yedele.

"Greetings, Dwarf. We don't see many of your kind around here. By your look you're a warrior, is that so?"

"That is so." Kodor replied, with a nod.

She smiled. "You are not the first that Bugi has sent, Dwarf. That man wants me dead, and I tire of it."

"What!?" Kodor cried, taken aback.

"Now, now, let us put deception aside. You're here to kill me, or try to. Let us make sport of it, at least. Slay me and you will have earned the treasure I have obtained in my years as a treasure hunter."

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: July 22, 2008, 02:12:46 pm »

Muh-muh-muh-multi-update!

Great!

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of Tin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: July 22, 2008, 02:16:52 pm »

Yay
But what do I know?
Everything I say should be taken with atleast 1 tsp. of salt, and another liter of Dwarven Wine is recommended.

"I thought it was the size of the others!" said Vanon. "I guess it was just standing further away!"
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 265