Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 603406 times)

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Re: Nist Akath. Blood and Bones.
« Reply #3810 on: March 19, 2010, 09:26:54 pm »

What I'm wondering is this:  By dying the day resets and everybody but Captain Ironblood loses their memory of the previous day; are gods exempt from this?

Not so much the day. It resets to the moment they last woke. In most cases, this is the morning of the same day. In Ironblood's case... he's been too busy for sleep, dammit.

Or in other words, Ironblood doesn't sleep, he waits.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #3811 on: March 19, 2010, 09:43:36 pm »

...:o :) :( ::) :o :P
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

underdark

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENGINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: March 19, 2010, 10:26:09 pm »

What I'm wondering is this:  By dying the day resets and everybody but Captain Ironblood loses their memory of the previous day; are gods exempt from this?

Not so much the day. It resets to the moment they last woke. In most cases, this is the morning of the same day. In Ironblood's case... he's been too busy for sleep, dammit.

Ok, but are gods excempt from the memory wipe?
Quote from: Captain Mayday
In any case, having a ceiling fall on you is not fun. Nor is falling through one, plummeting a few stories. Note to self: Sand can still be hard.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: March 20, 2010, 05:28:15 am »

Sooo... you're making another Nist Akath? ;D
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: March 20, 2010, 12:55:55 pm »

oh gods yes yes yes yes. NIST AKATH UPDATE FUCK YEAR

Moose Fisher

• Bay Watcher
  • [DEBUG ERROR: THIS TEXT DOES NOT EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: March 20, 2010, 01:14:35 pm »

Glorious!  I'm on the edge of my seat for the conclusion!
"I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?"
-Elderly Hive Dweller

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: March 20, 2010, 04:28:38 pm »

SO. FUCKING. AWESOME.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: March 20, 2010, 08:13:30 pm »

Soooooo... back to just after the drugging and hydra attack then?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: March 20, 2010, 08:39:00 pm »

Did everyone forget about the dream Armok spoke to him and his brother in?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: March 20, 2010, 09:17:17 pm »

Armok's request to Kodor no longer seems to have been necessary.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: March 21, 2010, 12:22:18 am »

So is the new Nist Akath going to be set in the 2010 update, or will it continue using the current version?

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: March 21, 2010, 02:46:11 am »

There won't be a new one. I don't have the time to dedicate to another project of this size anymore.
I will be finishing this one off very soon, though. Very soon.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: March 21, 2010, 07:26:03 am »

Events of the 8th of Slate, 1091
The day was halfway open when Captain Ironblood awoke, half-panicked. At once he was both aware he was on

for the night patrol, and that he'd just spent a week trying to prevent the end of the world.
  "Xotes!" he growled, throwing off the sheets. "Not this time, bitch."

Xotes stopped in her tracks as a chill went up her spine. She suddenly knew that something was wrong with a

dread certainty.
  Setting aside her tasks, she headed directly to her room to pray. Surely the master would know more.

Kodor startled as his brother slammed open the office door, and raised an eyebrow and the grave expression

on his face.

"What is it?" he asked, not wasting time with pleasantries.
  Captain Ironblood closed the door behind him and stepped fully into the office. "It's Xotes. She's the

Acolyte. We need to kill her right now."
  Kodor looked at him uncertainly. "You're certain?"
  Captain Ironblood nodded, pulling back a sleeve to reveal the mark that had appeared on his wrist.
  Kodor frowned. "I see. Very well, we must do what we must. What else do we know?"
  Captain Ironblood sat down. "Let me tell you a story about a pit."

Xotes prayed, communing with her god. Moments later she stood, panicked. Her master had told her that she'd

been discovered. Probably something to do with the blasted Progeny. He could only see the vagaries of a

shadow future that no longer existed.
  "No time to lose..." she muttered. She had been intending on tricking one of the miners into cracking

open the pit. Now, though, it looked as though it would have to be her.
  "Doesn't matter." she told herself. Time was of the essence, Ironblood would be looking for her and if he

found her... all would be lost.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: March 21, 2010, 07:59:01 am »

Yay! Another great upadte of Ni-

Haspen, Forum USser, died from Nist Akath updates overdose.

More! More! :D
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: March 21, 2010, 08:52:54 am »

Events of the 8th of Slate, 1091
Kodor waited pensively. He had issued orders to the squads that the situation be contained before it could get out of control, although Olon had seemed less than pleased.
  His brother wanted a fight it seemed, and Kodor had ordered him against it. He was quite aware, however, that it was only a possibility that the order would actually be followed through. The soldiers here were nearly suicidally loyal to him.
 So he'd taken his own steps. The Fortress and Royal guards were all scouring the fortress for Xotes, and Melica was busy getting the children into safekeeping. It was sure to be enough, he didn't know why he was so concerned... Kobold thieves couldn't escape this fortress undetected, how could a farmer girl?

As pensive as the dwarves were, the Soulsmith was vastly more so. He sat upon his flaming throne, attempting to discern the lost future from the shadows that remained.

It hadn't been enough, he was sure. Despite all his preparation, it hadn't been enough.
  And this time the dwarves were ready.
  He scowled. It seemed that his hand was forced, he would have to expend yet more energy just to overwhelm these mortals. And if, somehow, that failed, he would likely never walk the mortal planes again.
  He returned to his observations of the mortal world above. The Acolyte had best fulfil her mission.

Xotes ran, her heart pounding in her chest. She thanked the Soulsmith that this passage had been forgotten in the haste to close up the fortress.
  The alert hadn't been all bad, though. The barracks were empty, and its stockpiles unguarded. She had been able to procure a pick and find her way to the rumoured secret passage that led from the fortress to a remote location. With the guards looking for her all over, she hoped that they had neglected to post a dwarf here.

The tunnel had been quiet, almost oppressively so, and she was glad to see the end of it. This was it! Outside beckoned, and not a guard in sight!
  She permitted herself a hopeful smile. Maybe she'd actually pull this off!
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 265