Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 603511 times)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Nist Akath. Betrayal in the Tundra.
« Reply #630 on: January 02, 2008, 11:12:00 pm »

It might be because of all the skelk deaths previously, though it seems like any negative from them would have worn off by now.

I think it's also related to fortress wealth - have you been producing alot of wealth or not making anything and relying on exporting goblin pants?

I don't know if the amount of work effects it or not, I never really manage to get the economy started because it lags my system down too bad to get that many dwarves.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 03, 2008, 04:00:00 am »

Fortress wealth keeps going up because of all the engravings. Our main production is of cooked meals, barrels, bins, booze, and stone blocks.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 04, 2008, 07:05:00 am »

Captain's Log. 2nd of Timber
While cooking one of her fabulous meals, Keller gave birth to a baby boy!
The child has been named Sodel, meaning Shield in the traditional tongue.

[ January 04, 2008: Message edited by: Captain Mayday ]

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 04, 2008, 07:44:00 am »

Captain's Log. 7th of Timber.
Once again we are plagued by mighty creatures.
A Hydra has tarnished our lands.

This would have presented more of an issue had not the problem quickly become disentangling its lifeless corpse from our traps.

All in all, not an exciting encounter.

It does really highlight how sturdy our defenses now are. What once would have endangered us no longer presents a realistic threat.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 04, 2008, 08:38:00 am »

Captain's Log. 8th of Timber.
Astounding news! After a meeting with BurnedToast, I've been advised that the Hydra was not actually slain by our traps.
Instead, We have captured it alive.

The possibilities from here on in are remarkable.

Nos3y

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 04, 2008, 09:16:00 am »

Tame it and Chain it!

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 04, 2008, 10:01:00 am »

Captain's Log. 11th of Moonstone.
The Goblins return! We immediately began the retreat back into the fortress, however they have indeed come in force this time.

I don't know who could harness this much power amongst the goblins, but it appears he, or she, has elected to remain behind this time.

We closed the gates, and unfortunately Tosid Semorsibrek was stranded outside. I'm unsure what he was doing out there, but I'll never get the chance to ask him now, as he was quickly set upon by Skelk and Goblin alike.

I ordered our Crossbowmen, Nagash II, Erendor, and Akroma, to lay assault upon the southern goblin forces.

Their rain of bolts turned back that group, leaving a pile of corpses in their wake.

I, myself, joined the battlements to fend off the invading scum who sat to the north. Despite my relative inexperience with a Crossbow, I was confident that I could help.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 04, 2008, 10:05:00 am »

Captain's Log. 16th of Moonstone.
Before I even reached the position, Nagash and Erendor were already firing upon the goblins.
The gentle drifts of snow did nothing to hide the goblins from their fearsome accuracy, and the goblins showed only futility in their own skills with the bow.
Another massacre lay to the north now, with another goblin party sitting nearby, aghast at the sudden and near-total carnage.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 04, 2008, 10:11:00 am »

Captain's Log. 17th of Moonstone.
Erendor stayed at the post while Nagash II went and retrieved more ammunition.
Whilst on guard, the second group of Goblins pushed southward, spraying his region with arrows.

Erendor managed to halt their advance, but took an arrow to the face.
His face is a mess, with blood everywhere, and I doubt his nose will ever heal to look normal again.
I'm also told that he's likely to have lasting brain damage.

Shockingly, he not only survived this fearsome wound, but once he had returned to consciousness, and staunched the wound, he resumed firing upon the goblin menace, until he ran out of bolts.

He then returned to the barracks where he sought urgent medical care.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 04, 2008, 10:16:00 am »

Captain's Log. 18th of Moonstone.
Finally the siege is at an end. Goblin bodies lay all over, and their frozen blood forms solid pools across the landscape.

When asked what I wanted to do with their equipment, I told the haulers to leave it there. We have enough stuff inside the fortress that needs hauling, without adding goblin junk to the list.

I did, however, exclude weapons from this. We can always use more of those.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 04, 2008, 10:48:00 am »

a caged hydra ?

I smell exciting new arena fights

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: January 04, 2008, 11:27:00 am »

A Meeting on the 10th of Opal
"... and I've got lots of work for you to do in the near future." the Captain finished, as the door to his office burst open.

Baron Lorn and Baroness Nil strode in.
"Dear Captain, so good to find you're not busy!" greeted the Baron.

"I'm in a meeting!" exclaimed the Captain, gesturing towards a worried looking citizen.

"Well, now you're in another one!" declared the Baron.

"Dearest Captain! Such a pleasure to see you again!" greeted the Baroness, belatedly.

"Yes, pleasure..." mumbled the Captain, and turned to the citizen, "Cerol, you can go if you want. Don't worry about work, there's a load of it coming your way any day now."

The citizen now identified as Cerol nodded, and fled the office. The Captain walked over to the door and closed it.

"Well, now that the peasant is gone, we can get down to business." said the Baron, making himself more comfortable by sitting down.

"Baron, typically I'm the one sitting in that chair." said the Captain, noting that it was in fact his own chair the Baron had sat in.

"Business at hand, Captain!" declared the Baron, making a dramatic seizing gesture with his right hand.

"Yes, alright. What business, then, Baron?" asked the Captain, suppressing an outward sigh, but nonetheless experiencing a mighty inward sigh.

"Actually, it's nothing to do with me this time! It's my lovey, better known to you as the Baroness!" said the Baron happily, gesturing to the Baroness who had an eager grin.

"Oh? How can I help you then, Baroness?" asked the Captain, slightly thrown by this departure from historical routine.

"I want a window!" she declared.

"You already have a window. It's a very nice window. I admire it every day as I pass it on my way to the office." mused the Captain.

"No, no, my silly Captain!" the Baroness continued, "I want it in my tomb!"

There was an awkward silence.

"In your tomb, lovey? That's awfully morbid!" observed the Baron. Clearly he had not been informed of this detail.

"BUT LORNY I WANT A WINDOW IN MY TOMB!" she shrieked so suddenly that the Captain and Baron reeled in unison.
Suddenly the reason that his dreams were always full of shrieking became apparent to the Captain. He gritted his teeth.

"On the other hand it's wonderfully unique!" said the Baron quickly, recovering nicely. "Wouldn't you agree, Captain?"

"Uh, yes. It's definitely a unique idea!" agreed the Captain, his teeth still gritted.

"OOOOOH, WONDERFUL!" she shrieked with glee, making the Captain and Baron wince once again. Her eyes suddenly widened in shock. "I have to go pick out curtains!" she stated, and departed the room in haste.

The Baron got up and mumbled "Bloody mad" to himself before turning to the Captain.

"I urge you to fulfill this demand quickly Captain." said the Baron, "I wouldn't want to be you should you fail. It'll be bad enough being me! Good day to you!"

The Baron departed the office, and the Captain walked over to his chair, and laid his face on the desk in front of him.

"Merciful heavens!" he muttered, "that woman will haunt my days until she gets that window... I need to get it done soon!"

Fenrir

« Reply #642 on: January 04, 2008, 11:36:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Armok:
<STRONG>This is the new Boatmurdered and the new Copperblazes COMBINED and multiplied by five.   :D</STRONG>

I've not read about Boatmurdered or Copperblazes, I've not read Kobold Quest I or II, and I've not been following Nist Akath. Am I missing something?

Wronghorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 04, 2008, 11:37:00 am »

Haha, I love this fort.

Stravitch

• Bay Watcher
  • Lenod Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 04, 2008, 11:42:00 am »

I really want to find a starting location with some magma and skelks.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 265