Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 603408 times)

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
Re: Nist Akath. Betrayal in the Tundra.
« Reply #525 on: December 17, 2007, 07:20:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Mayday:
<STRONG>I don't think he actually got to a corpse before being chased around by Skelks.</STRONG>

Darnit.

Okay, did he lose any limbs before death? ^^

Btw, about the noble, what kind of noble is he? Rank, personality, etc. Also, has he made any mandates yet?

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 17, 2007, 07:26:00 am »

I'll have to check on that at home. Currently not anywhere near home.
I can say that Skelk never sever limbs. All bludgeoning damage.

Edit: Home now.
Looks like the hammerer is a female. If that doesn't bother you, she likes silt loam, rose gold, pink garnet, tables and amulets. When possible, she prefers to consume cows milk. She absolutely detests toads.
She occassionally overindulges, she can handle stress. She has a good awareness of her own emotions. She is trusting. She finds helping others rewarding. She is compassionate. She needs alcohol to get through the working day. She doesn't really care about anything anymore.

[ December 17, 2007: Message edited by: Captain Mayday ]

Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 17, 2007, 11:50:00 am »

From the Journal of Baron Lorn. 10th of Hematite.
Lovey and myself have been settling in quite nicely, despite our arrival being a trite disturbing at first.
Captain Ironblood was a little nervous that we would interfere overly in the running of the fortress, but I reassured him that we merely wish to represent the crown in legal and political proceedings.
The quarters he has allocated for us appear to have been well lived in. The Captain advises me that they belonged to our predecessors.
The sheets were still warm!
The Captain suggested it was the only warm thing about my predecessor, which, by my memory of Baron Dirty, I am inclined to agree with.

In any case, today saw the arrival of a human diplomat. I have had few dealings with the other races in my past, but I do look forward to the task. Even dealing with the Elves would be nice, despite our two races having a troubled history.

The interesting thing about Nist Akath is its sheer scope. For such a small town to have accomplished so much is a real feather in Ironblood's cap, no doubt. I'm not sure what he is doing so busily down in the crypt levels, but he tells me it's promoting full employment, which I can fully get behind. He also has prepared a tomb for both Lovey and myself. Marvellous organisational skills, that Dwarf. I must remember to send a commendation of him to the Queen.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 17, 2007, 11:56:00 am »

sincerely requesting your allowance to include captain ironblood and his (supposed) offspring in my current community fortress

i would greatly improve the story, me thinks^^

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 17, 2007, 12:00:00 pm »

Hm, I think we can do the offspring part, or something similar.
I've already suggested a couple of names. Why not make the dwarf in question the foster child of Ironblood? That way you get the Ironblood history, but my future goals don't get the fiction derailed.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 17, 2007, 12:02:00 pm »

that sounds fine to me

I will try not to exaggerate the "prophecy", you never know, nist akath might be gone tomorrow, invaded by dozens of trolls

(btw, has anyone else been missing trolls in the new sieges ?)

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 17, 2007, 12:52:00 pm »

Events as they occurred on the 6th of Malachite.
Captain Ironblood stormed into Baron Lorn's office, clutching a scroll of paper tightly in his right fist.

"BARON!" He roared, "I demand to know how this happened!"
He unfurled the scroll madly and shoved it in the Baron's flustered face.

"Murder is a very serious charge!" said the Baron, focusing on that single word only.

"Murder?!" cried the Captain, "He killed a cat! Nobody even owned the cat! I'd ordered that cat butchered for our meat stockpiles!"

"Wait... we eat cats?" asked the Baron, his distaste showing.

"That's not the point. I want to know how this happened!"

"Well... I like cats." mumbled the Baron.

The Captain held his head a moment, taking a breath to steady himself.
"Sir, liking cats is all very well, but do you really think that fifty hammerstrikes is a just punishment for killing a cat that was, in the very near future, destined for the dinner table in any case?!"

"I suppose not. But we can't allow violence against animals." said the Baron, sternly.

"Yes, well, he's serving time in prison. Fifty Hammerstrikes isn't going to win you any prizes, sir."

"Very well... do something about it, my dear Captain." conceded the Baron.

"Thank you sir." replied the Captain, sighing in relief. He left the room, and walked down to the Captain of the Guard's office. Bomrek was there, looking over some paperwork.

"Captain!" she said, looking up as he entered the office, "Have you seen this? Fifty Hammerstrikes? Is he utterly mad? It's murder of a cat!"
"Mad for cats, maybe. I've already talked to him. I'm cancelling that punishment." replied the Captain, nodding.
"I agree with your assessment. I'm letting him go. To be honest, I probably would have done so without your authority, but I'm glad I have it." she said, smiling.
"I notice that we have another criminal on the books as well." said the Captain, conversationally.
"Yes, another assault upon a cat." remarked Bomrek.
"Was it the same cat?" queried the Captain.
"I don't know. I don't want to go into it. Bloody things are everywhere anyway." she complained.
"I'm having them butchered as fast as I can!" said the Captain in protest.
"Yeah, but then we have to eat them."
"Well... yes." conceded the Captain. He didn't much like the taste of cat either.

Zonhin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 17, 2007, 01:05:00 pm »

I will eat cat as much as much as possible now thanks to you.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 17, 2007, 01:15:00 pm »

Captain's Log. 20th of Malachite.
Our Hammerer clearly did not get the message, and Ingish received fifty Hammerstrikes anyway. The rest of the fortress is in a hush at what is obviously a fear-breeding tactic.
Ingish obviously did not survive.

The other criminal, Udil, has only barely gotten away with his own plots. He destroyed the outer drawbridge, which originally was our first line of defence against the goblins. Indeed, if he had opened us up to that sort of invasion, I would not have intervened and reduced his sentence.

Shadowslasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 17, 2007, 04:46:00 pm »

Out of interest, what level pump operator has zangief achieved?

Sandono

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 17, 2007, 06:47:00 pm »

I was doing so well...

Then I got worse.

Oh well, I do like cats.

BTW very nice, glad to see I'm active mad or otherwise.

Forgot to say how well your doing, bravo!

[ December 17, 2007: Message edited by: Sandono ]

t this rate, Baron Lorn is going to replace the entire population with his own children since the other dwarves either very rarely pop one out, or have no idea what that thing between their legs are used for besides going to the bathroom and making them f

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 17, 2007, 09:39:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Shadowslasher:
<STRONG>Out of interest, what level pump operator has zangief achieved?</STRONG>

He's either legendary or Grand Master. His only real job is pumping the bath water  to create a fine mist that dwarves may enjoy.

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 17, 2007, 11:39:00 pm »

It's legendary, I remember seeing it in the tour movie.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 17, 2007, 11:54:00 pm »

I just watched the tour movie, wow this fortress is really epic, even moreso then I thought!

plus I have lots of skills, yay me.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #539 on: December 18, 2007, 02:03:00 am »

Woot.
Now that the current Noble is insane too, I'll have lots of work!
How's the other hammerer doing? Y'know, the one who came with Baron Dirty?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 265