Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 603385 times)

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Re: Nist Akath. Betrayal in the Tundra.
« Reply #450 on: December 15, 2007, 04:14:00 am »

Sorry about the lack of updates. It has been an unusual week to say the least. I'll be posting more updates within the next few hours.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Zonhin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 15, 2007, 04:38:00 am »

Nah, I don't mind much. It's not like it's the end of the world if you don't update.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 15, 2007, 05:15:00 am »

Can I join? Next immigration, can I be a peasant put into military service (not a marksdwarf).

[ December 15, 2007: Message edited by: Torak ]

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 15, 2007, 05:17:00 am »

Captain's Log. 8th of Limestone.
Things progress to their inevitable conclusions. Our projects are very nearly complete, but that warrants little more pondering until they are actually complete.

Today, Baron Dirty became a father once more. This time to a son.
They have named the boy Thob. It now appears that if the Baron pushes us over the edge, we shall also have to deal with an infant, or fear retribution later down the track.
Wonderful.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 15, 2007, 05:23:00 am »

Captain's Log. 10th of Limestone.
The Goblins return, once again. They were hot on the heels of a human diplomat who just recently arrived.
I immediately gave the order to retreat inside.

One reassuring thing is that one of the catapult emplacements is now complete. Our defense has never been so firm.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 15, 2007, 05:43:00 am »

Captain's Log. 14th of Limestone.
The Goblins have breached our fortress, by way of the incomplete emplacement to the southwest.
The military is mobilized!
My axe is in my hand! The enemy must be repelled!

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 15, 2007, 05:51:00 am »

Captain's Log. 15th of Limestone.
With great courage, and skill at arms, our dwarves have proven clearly superior to the fiendish goblins.
While a few minor injuries were sustained, there were no military casualties.
Some civilian casualties did occur, which is inevitable when they get between dwarven soldiers and goblin raiders.

The report was quite graphic.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 15, 2007, 05:58:00 am »

goblins attacking during a siege ?

absurde

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 15, 2007, 06:02:00 am »

Captain's Log. 15th of Limestone.
Madness and sorrow! For some reason, despite my order, Xeno felt compelled to venture outside. Immediately outside there were goblin raiders.
They began shooting at him almost immediately.
Against all common sense he ran to meet them, his axe held high as he charged, screaming bloody murder.

He struck down the first goblin he encountered, dodging the arrowfire as easily as one might dodge a stationary item of some size.
As he waded into battle, however, his folly became obvious. A spear stabbed into his foot, slashing toes off. He howled in pain, but continued fighting, now aware of his foolishness.
As he dodged the second thrust of that same spear, however, he fell over, hitting his head.
He remained, unmoving, as the goblins thrust their weapons into his body repeatedly.

There was no way for him to survive such a thing. We will, of course, give him a heroes funeral.

As a result of his efforts, the goblins have abandoned the siege. At the very least, this enables us to recover his body.

[ December 15, 2007: Message edited by: Captain Mayday ]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 15, 2007, 06:30:00 am »

after the last siege, Akroma the bonecarver decides to become a marksdwarf

difficulty: may only use bone crossbow and bone bolts, as well as bone armor

[ December 15, 2007: Message edited by: Akroma ]

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 15, 2007, 06:36:00 am »

Captain's Log. 28th of Limestone.
Baron Dirty came to see me today. He was frantic with worry. Apparently his eldest daughter, and his wife and son had gone missing.
I was interrupted by the return of his eldest daughter. She looked disheveled, not the usual state of a nobleman's daughter.

She informed us that she had only just escaped the pursuit of a Skelk, and that her mother was still being chased.

The Baron asked me how this could happen. I checked my files and confirmed it. Most of our soldiers were recuperating after the siege.

The Baron wasn't happy when I told him this. He ordered me to do something about this. He demanded that a hero such as myself should save his wife, and sent me on my way.

It was on my way to get my axe that I was informed of further bad news. Sula, a long time member of our military, had been fighting the Skelks singlehandedly. They had worn him down, and crushed his body, rendering it lifeless.
I must admit, I felt revenge was a better use of my axe than saving the Baroness.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 15, 2007, 06:46:00 am »

Captain's Log. 2nd of Sandstone.
Sadly, we were too late to rescue the Baroness. We found her broken body guarded by a Skelk.
Bullion crushed the Skelk like the sack of bones it was, before discovering young Thob and Olon hidden beneath their mother's corpse, bawling their eyes out.

We brought them back inside and handed them to their father. He was displeased.

We also wrought destruction upon the Skelks who murdered Sula, though after so many Skelk have been destroyed, it was more symbolic than with hope that they would be the last of them.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 15, 2007, 07:01:00 am »

Captain's Log. 10th of Sandstone.
With me busy below, that leaves only a couple dwarves actively defending the fortress exterior.
Unfortunately, the lack of defense has meant a rise in the Skelk population.
Dwarfoholic was the first victim today.

Baron Dirty was the second victim. Crushed beneath the hooves of the Skelks as Bullion fought to save them, and then himself. He barely escaped with his life, as he tells it.
Given the fact that his clothes were nearly torn to pieces, I am inclined to believe his account.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 15, 2007, 07:27:00 am »

Captain's Log. 20th of Sandstone.
Today, Caernaigh, our Hammerer, died.

The fact that she was the last element of Baron Dirty's corrupt family present in Nist Akath does not escape me. His children are now orphans, and no longer classified as Nobility.
According to Xotes, their titles have been stolen by other members of Dirty's family, outside of Nist Akath. Suits me fine, however.

Nor does the fact that she died at the hooves of the Skelks.
It appears the Skelk menace is in full bloom once more, and I believe I have little choice but to once again defend the region personally.

[ December 15, 2007: Message edited by: Captain Mayday ]

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 15, 2007, 07:32:00 am »

Captain's Log. 23rd of Sandstone.
The Skelks have claimed the life of Demosthenes Steelbeast.
She valiantly fought a horde of them by herself. Bullion was too late to rescue her, and just in time to offer vengeance.

We can be consoled by the fact that she died honourably in battle.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 265