Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 602747 times)

Limul Thak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nist Akath. The Captain Deposed.
« Reply #3390 on: June 25, 2009, 03:48:42 pm »

Captain Morul would need a theme song; it has to mention crumpets. It. Has. To.
This game is so strange.
The horses have TEEN ANGST.

Lemnx

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding Cheese
    • View Profile
    • Lem_Nx
« Reply #3391 on: June 25, 2009, 05:37:53 pm »

I have an idea. Cut off all of their limbs and make beards able to fight.

THAT - is a true fight.
..."I bumped Nist Akath and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"...

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: June 25, 2009, 06:53:21 pm »

The highlights

A few final showdowns.

Martin wanted Ironblood to fight with a hammer, so I did that.  Here's the results:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The results really aren't any different, statistically.  The Captain won 8 fights with the axe and only 7 fights with the hammer, but the important thing to note is that, just like the fights with the axe, these ended in 3 or 4 hits most of the time, and the victor never took damage.

Finally, I put both dwarves in full adamantine gear:  Exceptional or masterwork platemail, greaves, gauntlets, shields, low boots, helms, and weapons.  Let the ultimate battles begin!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Stay tuned!  Next time Ironblood and Morul singlehandedly take on HFS!
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: June 25, 2009, 07:05:11 pm »

What kind of HFS?  SoF I hope.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: June 25, 2009, 07:10:49 pm »

I love this, ironblood vs morul, than ironblood and morul vs the hfs. It would probably look like about 300 kittens attacking two titans.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: June 25, 2009, 08:10:19 pm »

I love this, ironblood vs morul, than ironblood and morul vs the hfs. It would probably look like about 300 kittens attacking two titans.
Kittens are cat-children.  The two titans would be murdered.  It's more like a bunch of Rhesus Maquaqes vs. two Bronze Colossi.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: June 25, 2009, 10:14:23 pm »

What kind of HFS?  SoF I hope.

It is SoF indeed, my friend.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: June 25, 2009, 11:11:19 pm »

Kittens are cat-children.  The two titans would be murdered.  It's more like a bunch of Rhesus Maquaqes vs. two Bronze Colossi.

Perhaps he means if 300 kittens ACTUALLY attacked a titan, not if it happened in DF terms. Well, provided the "real" titan. Anyway, cats have the same damage factor as carp (1-6, compared to a dwarf's 1-2). And if that weren't enough, the fact that there were exactly 300 (as opposed to a puny 299 or 301) would surely enact "The 300 Principal".
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: June 25, 2009, 11:14:22 pm »

Perhaps he means if 300 kittens ACTUALLY attacked a titan, not if it happened in DF terms. Well, provided the "real" titan. Anyway, cats have the same damage factor as carp (1-6, compared to a dwarf's 1-2). And if that weren't enough, the fact that there were exactly 300 (as opposed to a puny 299 or 301) would surely enact "The 300 Principal".

THIS

IS

KITTENS!

In other news, the HFS battles aren't going so well.  SoF are tough motherfuckers.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 11:21:28 pm by crash2455 »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: June 25, 2009, 11:17:19 pm »

Heh...

Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: June 25, 2009, 11:46:45 pm »

Morul and Ironblood vs HFS

For this encounter, I really tried to outfit both combatants in masterwork gear, but the odds of it happening even with a level 100 weapon/armorsmith are surprisingly low.  They went into combat with masterwork weapons and some masterwork armor.

Round 1:  Defeat:  Captain was killed, Morul broke his toe and decided to rest (dumbass).
Score: Ironblood 2, Morul 6

Round 2: Defeat: Captain and Morul bit the flaming dust after trying to fight 6 SoF at once
Score: Ironblood 0, Morul 3

Round 3: Defeat. Morul died after the Captain retreated, following a mangled arm.  The Captain jumped back into combat after some "quick healing," where he was killed by some SoF firebreath.
Score: Ironblood 1, Morul 6

Round 4: Defeat. Things went well until the Captain stepped straight into a fireball, which broke or mangled important limbs.  Morul kept going until he was set on fire and forced to retreat.
Score: Ironblood 3, Morul 8

Round 5: Defeat. Morul and Ironblood each killed a number of demons, but accumulated brown wounds so they ran back to their beds to rest.  A little "quick healing" put them right back in the game.  A few more SoF showed up and eventually managed to hit Ironblood with a fireball, which disabled him totally and completely.  Morul kept fighting, but a minor injury caused him to retreat.
Score: Ironblood 4, Morul 2

From what I've been seeing, the problem with this fight lies in the fact that Dwarves will retreat from SoF if they take any injury whatsoever, so even a dwarf as tough as Morul just starts running if his toe gets bruised.

Highlights
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 12:01:24 am by crash2455 »

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: June 26, 2009, 12:55:59 am »

So Morul does better agianst the SoF on average?  That's interesting.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: June 26, 2009, 01:07:17 am »

Get them crossbows. And war kittens.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: June 26, 2009, 01:12:38 am »

Well, he has 6 more agility than the Captain, and nearly double the toughness, so he dodges more often, and his wounds are only brown instead of red.  The only thing that seems to get him is his pants lighting on fire.

Get them crossbows. And war kittens.

I was considering that, since Morul is a legendary marksdwarf, but the Captain has almost no skill with the crossbow.  Maybe I'll try that as a third fallback.  On the other thread, Martin suggested putting in some locked doors so that The Captain and Morul don't try to escape when they get light wounds.

Also, as awesome as war kittens would be, I have nary a cat on this map.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 01:15:49 am by crash2455 »

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: June 26, 2009, 01:19:51 am »

Well, he has 6 more agility than the Captain, and nearly double the toughness, so he dodges more often, and his wounds are only brown instead of red.  The only thing that seems to get him is his pants lighting on fire.

Then douse them both with water beforehand.  Or remove extraneous clothing.
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 265