Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 602671 times)

Nos3y

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nist Akath. Betrayal in the Tundra.
« Reply #1785 on: May 16, 2008, 02:30:00 pm »

My dwarf sparring with the Captain?
Is he okay? >_> I would assume even the gaze of the captain could explode something's skull...

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: May 16, 2008, 08:48:00 pm »

finally after reading through 72 of this madness I finally get to the end.
I promised myself that I would ask for a Dwarf count by the time I got here.
It is a great story, and I almost laughed outloud a couple of times, while I was supposed to be writting a reaserch paper.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: May 17, 2008, 12:09:00 pm »

madness?
MADNESS?
THIS
IS
NIST (Akath. It kind of didn't fit  :( )
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: May 17, 2008, 12:30:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Maggarg - Eater of chickens:
<STRONG>madness?
MADNESS?
THIS
IS
NIST (Akath. It kind of didn't fit   :( )</STRONG>

Actually, the syllables fit just fine

Spar-Ta

Nist-Aketh (the A would be hard. so it would sound something like Ache-th)

Perfectly.

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: May 17, 2008, 04:55:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Maggarg - Eater of chickens:
<STRONG>madness?
MADNESS?
THIS
IS
NIST (Akath. It kind of didn't fit    :( )</STRONG>

I'll concede to that, true madness is when you ask for a widow in your tomb, and maybe even for a bed. True madness is when you name a table after yourself, or throw yourself down a huge spiralling staircase.   :p

Edit: forgot to add this, but did you know that in Arabic Malica means queen, I sense foreshadowing...

[ May 17, 2008: Message edited by: chaoticag ]

peekama

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: May 18, 2008, 10:00:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by chaoticag:
<STRONG>finally after reading through 72 of this madness I finally get to the end.
I promised myself that I would ask for a Dwarf count by the time I got here.
It is a great story, and I almost laughed outloud a couple of times, while I was supposed to be writting a reaserch paper.</STRONG>

I must agree with this good man.  I spent the last couple of days reading through this epic thread.  This is Boatmurdered X Copperblazes.

Strangely enough, I also have a research paper I should have been doing.

I don't actually laugh out loud very much these days, but I did so several times throughout the course of the story.  I completely agree with what people have been saying about a book.  You would get author of the year if you made this into a book.  If the story ever comes to an end, I'll help compile the posts into an e-book or something.

[ May 18, 2008: Message edited by: peekama ]

It'd be cool if unicorn refuse gives off rainbow miasma.
It should totally bleed the laughter of children, too.

Slade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: May 21, 2008, 12:29:00 pm »

It's not really Boatmurdered until you resort to flooding the entire map with lava  to prevent your dwarves from being massacred by elephants, but it's definitely on as grand a scale.

And that boot cleaning goblin is hilariously awesome. If ANYONE harms him, I will personally mod the being to not give in to pain, and then systematically break EVERY joint in its body, gouge out his eyes, and then strangle him until he passes out, do it again when he wakes up, over and over until he either bleeds to death or his wounds clot. If he survives, I will kill him by throwing vomit at him until the creature's head or body explodes. (If we could move bodies, I'd toss him in an undead carp-infested river instead of tossing vomit.)

Yes, I do have some vengeance issues when things kill my characters in adventure mode. Why do you ask? But come on, what other game lets you do such crazy-awesome violent things to your adversaries?

Furohman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: May 21, 2008, 02:23:00 pm »

Fantastic! Amazing! Epic! (And other such words)

Yet another person who registered to say how awesome this here fort is. After a while, as Ironblood got older I began to think he was less brilliant, but then he mashed the Hammerer to a bloody pulp using an item of furniture    :D and just got better from there...
I read this solidly for many, many hours... Let me think... 11... :|

Anyways, if ever there becomes a space in the (probably very) distant future could I get a guy? Any gender, any profession... Astudos - My username roughly translated into Dwarven.

[ May 22, 2008: Message edited by: Furohman ]

Lemnx

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding Cheese
    • View Profile
    • Lem_Nx
« Reply #1793 on: May 21, 2008, 04:28:00 pm »

Damnit Toady... finish the next version! I need more Nist Akath  :(
..."I bumped Nist Akath and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: May 21, 2008, 04:50:00 pm »

Since when is this awaiting the next version?
The next version will have very little that can actually add to the game play, so unless it's a specific bug it sounds strange to be waiting for that.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: May 21, 2008, 04:59:00 pm »

I believe it will be cliffs not being there anymore. That way adventurers can get and do more stuff.

Furohman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: May 21, 2008, 05:46:00 pm »

No cliffs!? That's sheer madness! I think there should be plenty of cliffs everywhere! Jeez... That would be shattering the very foundations of DF! Even if they all had ramps... Or even better, a climbing skill! Digging into cliff faces is always more dwarf-like than digging a deep hole in the ground and scooping out layers of mud... No cliffs, what IS the world coming to?

I think I'm right in thinking Captain was meaning waiting for the next version for the adventurer escapades, rather than the fort itself.

Dathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary abuser of sugar packs and free refills
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: May 21, 2008, 08:27:00 pm »

I got a fever and the only perscription is more nist akath
shall dismember his member- captin ironblood

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: May 21, 2008, 11:40:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Furohman:
<STRONG>No cliffs!? That's sheer madness! I think there should be plenty of cliffs everywhere! Jeez... That would be shattering the very foundations of DF! Even if they all had ramps... Or even better, a climbing skill! Digging into cliff faces is always more dwarf-like than digging a deep hole in the ground and scooping out layers of mud... No cliffs, what IS the world coming to?

I think I'm right in thinking Captain was meaning waiting for the next version for the adventurer escapades, rather than the fort itself.</STRONG>

Yeah, the adventuring is the issue. I'm not certain that there'll be no cliffs so much as no 1 z-level cliffs. This will really help in getting around.

Also, on a high note, my internet is back in business, so I can actually access it all from home. Updates ahoy!

Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: May 23, 2008, 01:27:00 am »

Further Events of the 10th of Slate.
Captain Ironblood sat in his office, busily preparing his desk to look presentable for the perverted, but not apparently insane Baron.
He had stacked a neat pile of documents to one side. He wasn't sure what the documents were, only that BurnedToast had placed them there for him to look at some time last year, and he hadn't got around to it yet.

Usually he just shifted documents from the inbox to the outbox that BurnedToast had provided for him. They'd disappear for a while, and then BurnedToast would bring them back, placing them in the inbox in an increasing unhappy manner.
Mayoring was hard work.

In the corner, Buzong was busy polishing the dirt on his boots until it shone.
Ironblood looked at the industrious goblin and ran his hand through his beard.
"I'm not sure why I really need you to do that after all, goblin. It's not like the rest of me is clean. I think..."

He was interrupted by a bone falling out of his beard. It looked like a femur.
"Huh. I wonder how long that's been there for?"

He resumed his conversation with Buzong. "Anyway, maybe there is something to this whole polishing thing after all. Carry on."

The door opened slowly.

"Damn!" cursed Ironblood. His boots weren't nearly polished enough yet, and it would have been nice if he had been wearing them as well. As it was, he was dressed in full steel armour, but without boots. Undoubtedly he would look ridiculous.

He sighed. "Come in!" Not that he could prevent them from doing so anyway. Nobles pretty much went where they pleased.

He leaned back in the chair as the new Baron entered, and was unable to prevent his jaw from dropping open as he saw who it was.

"Hello Olon." said Kodor Ironblood.

It seemed his brother was alive.

Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 265