Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 602753 times)

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
Re: Nist Akath. Betrayal in the Tundra.
« Reply #1605 on: March 15, 2008, 05:40:00 am »

Too bad he dropped his legendary cabinet a while ago. It would have been fun to imagine Ironblood trying to stick every head in a drawer.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: March 15, 2008, 07:07:00 am »

I kind of want this to end like Boatmurdered did. Ironblood gets killed by the hydra, Bomrek goes on a tantrum, and chaos breaks loose.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: March 15, 2008, 07:42:00 am »

I predict: This will end badly! (For the hydra, anyway.)
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: March 15, 2008, 11:33:00 am »

Okay. Lets put it to a vote, because I can make the story go two ways from here.
Should Ironblood win?
Or should the Hydra win?

In either case, the story is NOT over.

Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Uruth Kranon

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a leaf on the wind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: March 15, 2008, 11:54:00 am »

I vote for Ironblood to win...the story would not be the same without his heartless attitude and obsession with black bronze
"That was the strongest poison I could lay my hands on, and all it did was make him nauseous." (Baron of Nist Akath)

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: March 15, 2008, 11:55:00 am »

the fortress would collapse, perhaps the entire dwarven civilzation if ironblood dies.

as much as it pain me to say this, kil ironblood, but make him die of his wounds after he kills the hyrda, that would be most fitting for him.

Bullion cancels witty informative post: Interrupted by Logic

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: March 15, 2008, 12:02:00 pm »

I'd say you should have him win and have that goblin assist with making the baron and baroness vanish.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: March 15, 2008, 12:03:00 pm »

I dunno, after having solo killed mega beasts before, a mere hydra that couldn't even avoid the cage traps would be VERY anti-climatic for this dwarf. He should win, and die when challenged with something appropriate
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: March 15, 2008, 12:05:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Akroma:
<STRONG>I dunno, after having solo killed mega beasts before, a mere hydra that couldn't even avoid the cage traps would be VERY anti-climatic for this dwarf. He should win, and die when challenged with something appropriate</STRONG>

but he IS naked and hungover, possibly chained to a post in a high street with a funny hat on.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: March 15, 2008, 12:09:00 pm »

Hmmm.

I dunno.  Either way works.  Although I sorta agree, not epic enough?

The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: March 15, 2008, 12:09:00 pm »

But he also IS the most hardcore dwarf to ever exist. He has become an Icon for hardcoreness.

Naked, and filled with poison, yeah even SOBBER he should be able to singlehandily wrestle a buffed up mega beast to death, while whole goblin squads fire arrows at him.

Also, from a storytelling aspect.
He is the protagonist of Nist Akath. If he should ever die, then oh please, not to the plot of a secondary villain. The baron is only only a henchman, he MUST NOT kill Ironblood.

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: March 15, 2008, 12:15:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Akroma:
<STRONG> The baron is only only a henchman, he MUST NOT kill Ironblood.</STRONG>

you convinced me with that, it should be in a battle with the god all of this is focused around.

Dathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary abuser of sugar packs and free refills
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: March 15, 2008, 05:03:00 pm »

Iornblood must win otherwise we wont have anything to read
shall dismember his member- captin ironblood

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: March 15, 2008, 05:32:00 pm »

Let the game randomness decide of the outcome of this glorious/dubious battle.

Splime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: March 15, 2008, 05:39:00 pm »

Ironblood needs to die eventually, but it's not time yet. He should die from his own mistake, ie, facing a giant monster in the middle of the tundra, barehanded, and being defeated because he went alone.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 265