Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 602714 times)

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Re: Nist Akath. Betrayal in the Tundra.
« Reply #1590 on: March 13, 2008, 10:04:00 pm »

Captain's Log. 9th of Sandstone.
Zangief and Keller came to see me today. Apparently, one of their children failed to come home last night.

I ordered a full scale search of the fortress, but the child was simply gone.
Last reports have her placed outside the walls of the fortress.
Not a good sign.

Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Topace3k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: March 14, 2008, 04:09:00 am »

Dwarf me please.

Name:  Topace
Prof:  Military.  Anything that involves goblin murdering.
Male preferred, female ok.  Just make sure I get some action before inevitably being sent to fight 12 goblins alone.   :)

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: March 14, 2008, 08:26:00 am »

so a child has been kidnapped from nist akath?

ouch.

Bullion cancels witty informative post: Interrupted by Logic

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: March 14, 2008, 09:19:00 am »

Captain's Log. 11th of Opal.
It was a day of accidents today. Again, the bathhouse was to blame. We had thought we'd worked out the kinks, but it seems not.
In any case, the rescue effort succeeded.
It was, surprisingly, the baroness who saved our bacon, but unfortunately her child was flushed down the drain, as she had been playing in it at the time.
I've warned them about the dangers of that, so there's really no excuse.

Events of the 12th of Opal
The coven met once more, though this particular meeting had not been called by the Acolyte.
"My wife is distraught!" shouted the male. "AS AM I!"
"Calm down, Baron." replied the Acolyte.
"I will not calm down! I have lost too many children to this endeavor!"
"It is for our God! Do not forget that!"
"I know who its for! That doesn't mean I want my children dying!"
"Even if they will be reborn along with our God?" asked the Acolyte.
"EVEN IF!" shouted the Baron. "Don't let it happen again, or that'll be it for you!"
"What would you do? Reveal me?" asked the Acolyte, hiding her fear.
"That would risk revealing myself. As you know so very well, there are other means to achieving such ends. I do not wish to take that path at this time, but I shall if I lose any more children. You said we would be safe here!"
"Yes, Baron," said the Acolyte softly, soothingly, "but accidents do happen. We cannot foresee everything."
"Indeed. Like that priestess business." muttered the Baron.
"The Priestess? I cannot believe she was here on her own merits. Somebody sent her. We must make haste. Ironblood must finish the Hammer Tower. More items of power must be created. It is not yet enough." said the Acolyte, obviously stressed.
"I can order him to do things, but he won't always listen. He still has the ear of the fortress, more than I could ever have. We could simply kill him..."
"Do that, and you risk ruining everything. For so long we have maneuvered him gently into doing as we wish. If he dies, the fortress may find its doom too soon, for he is most definitely the keystone to this place."
"I think we could get along fine without him." grumbled the Baron.
"Oh? And what if he survived your assassination attempts? You've seen him in action, surely? Do you think that YOU have what it takes to get the job done? Do you not think that as a survivor he would become our worst nightmare realized? I forbid you from taking such action!" seethed the Acolyte.
"Forbid? Me? Fine, do as you shall!" replied the Baron, coldly, and left without another word, slamming the door behind him.
"As shall I." he breathed softly.

Sandono

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: March 14, 2008, 06:27:00 pm »

Well, damn I'm a bastard.

Oh well I better than Dirty still.

Still great work Captain, Keep up the good work.

t this rate, Baron Lorn is going to replace the entire population with his own children since the other dwarves either very rarely pop one out, or have no idea what that thing between their legs are used for besides going to the bathroom and making them f

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: March 14, 2008, 09:02:00 pm »

It was unavoidable that the Nobility had some hand in it.   (nobody likes nobles)Just imagine how pissed Ironblood is gonna be when he finds out he's been gently controlled like a puppet.

Sandono

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: March 14, 2008, 11:07:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kaelem Gaen:
<STRONG>It was unavoidable that the Nobility had some hand in it.   (nobody likes nobles)Just imagine how pissed Ironblood is gonna be when he finds out he's been gently controlled like a puppet.</STRONG>

I'll be mulched.

Instanteously.

t this rate, Baron Lorn is going to replace the entire population with his own children since the other dwarves either very rarely pop one out, or have no idea what that thing between their legs are used for besides going to the bathroom and making them f

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: March 15, 2008, 12:45:00 am »

Captain's Log. 26th of Felsite.
Tragedy struck today. We knew the bath house was overfull, and for some time we had been seeking the location of the Fairsabres girl Alath.
After draining the bath a bit, we found her on the other side. Dead.
It appears she was unable to get out, or even call for help apparently.
Her swarm of cats had been living off of her body for a little while.

Xotes dealt with those fleabitten meatbags, though.

The Baron came by after the whole business, and gave me a bottle of rum as a present. Then he asked me to have another chain made. I don't know what he does with them all, but I set the order, and then indulged in the bottle of rum.

I think something was wrong with it, however, since I haven't been feeling altogether well after having it. Hopefully all I need is a sleep.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: March 15, 2008, 01:05:00 am »

uh oh, the captain has been poisoned! ... then again, what am I thinking? he took an arrow to the spleen and all it did was give him a light bruise, poison shouldn't do more then make him feel off for a bit.

interesting time ahead though - we get to see how creative a death the captain can arrange for the baron when he finds out!

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: March 15, 2008, 01:34:00 am »

Events of the evening of the 26th of Felsite
"I don't feel so good." grumbled Ironblood. His head had been swimming all day long, and he yearned for his bed. For a change, Bomrek would not be joining him.

"Merciful heavens." he muttered as he laid down, and quickly he began to snore loudly.

"The bitch was right." muttered the Baron to his wife, outside the door.
"Language dear." she replied.
"That was the strongest poison I could lay my hands on, and all it did was make him nauseous."
"Then it is a good thing I planned ahead."
The Baron looked to his wife. "What have you planned?"
"I organised for Archibess to prepare the Hydra in the arena. We shall move him there, and let him face it in the buff, so to speak."
"How deliciously vicious of you. He'll still be unwell, too." replied the Baron, grinning.
"Yes. This will repay him for letting our babies die." said the Baroness sternly, her eye shedding a tear nonetheless.

Archibess was conflicted. She was a servant to the Baron, but she was slave to the Acolyte. She had prepared matters as the Baron had wished, and had assisted the Baroness as well, and then she had told the Acolyte.

The Acolyte was furious, though not with Archibess it seemed. The Acolyte raged against the Baron and Baroness when she was told of the plans.
And yet, the Acolyte could do nothing.
"I cannot have a hand in it, now. What's done is done. If Ironblood lives, make sure the Baron and Baroness do not live to talk. If he dies... things will rather come to a difficult point."
Archibess had merely remained silent until this point, now she merely nodded and left to perform her duties.
"Imbeciles." seethed the Acolyte. "It appears my work may well be finished alone."

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: March 15, 2008, 02:10:00 am »

Further events of the 26th of Felsite.
The first Ironblood knew something was up, he was already falling into a large pit.

He quickly identified the ground by hitting it, and, after a wave of nausea passed through him, then out of him, he identified the Arena around him.

"What in the hells?" he muttered.
"Ah, you're awake... and sticky." a female's voice called out.

He looked in the direction of the voice and recognised the Baron and Baroness sitting above him.
"I DEMAND TO KNOW WHAT THE MEANING OF THIS IS!" roared Ironblood.
"The meaning, dear Ironblood," said the Baron sweetly, "is our intent to kill you. For instance, you may note that apart from all the grot you are naked."

Ironblood looked himself over and did indeed notice this.

"You may also note the Hydra sitting in the cage to the end of the Arena."

Ironblood also noticed this. "Ah." he said, simply.

"And now, dear Ironblood, we shall have the great pleasure of releasing your doom." said the Baron, smiling menacingly.
He pulled the lever next to him, and the cage behind Ironblood opened.

Ironblood turned to look at the beast.
He didn't have his armour. He didn't have his axe. He was experiencing something like what humans called a 'Hangover', and he had been betrayed by the nobility, once again.
The Hydra roared into his face, releasing its foul smelling breath which did nothing for Ironblood's hangover.
Ironbloods eye twitched once, with rage.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: March 15, 2008, 03:40:00 am »

a hungover ironblood gauging out 14 eyes and strangling 7 throats at once ?

do want

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kinneus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: March 15, 2008, 04:10:00 am »

Good luck against the Hydra, Ironblood, but you'd better quit killin' off Fairsabres kids!
*fistshake*
"A child pulled me aside today. He asked me why it was so white outside.
I told him that everything was covered in snow.
He asked me what was below the snow.
I told him that bones were below the snow."
-Captain Mayday

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: March 15, 2008, 04:28:00 am »

He only has 6 limbs able to grab so the 7th head will have to explode out of sheer awesomeness.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: March 15, 2008, 05:32:00 am »

Hmmm, interesting... I'm sure he'll win though...  Though the Death of Ironblood would be an interesting start of a downward spiral of Nist Akath.   However, I do hope he kills the hydra, and the Nobles and the Acolyte die when Nist Akath falls.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 265