Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 602777 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Nist Akath. Betrayal in the Tundra.
« Reply #1530 on: March 10, 2008, 09:34:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Heph:
<STRONG>Arent the songs of Led Zeppelin and Glenn Miller under soma actual Copyright? I dont want trouble with the US Phonoindustry.

I want a Cap Mayday Action Figure or a "Nist Akath" tabletop.</STRONG>

couple thousand videos on youtube say you are wrong. Also, who acres ?
In the mood is the only song to portrait ironblood perfectly.

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: March 10, 2008, 09:37:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Akroma:
<STRONG>

couple thousand videos on youtube say you are wrong. Also, who acres ?
In the mood is the only song to portrait ironblood perfectly.</STRONG>

Who yards, even?   Frankly, I don't give an inch about the whole deal.

And just because the videos on YouTube violate the copyright, doesn't mean that there isn't a copyright to begin with.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: March 10, 2008, 09:39:00 am »

okay deal, if I get sued, you get a free coke
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of Tin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: March 10, 2008, 09:44:00 am »

I'd expect even the other songs are copyrighted, since whoever performed them probably also got copyright to protect their performance.
Where did you get all these songs anyway, Akroma?

Either way, cool stuff and quite thematic, so nice work  :)

But what do I know?
Everything I say should be taken with atleast 1 tsp. of salt, and another liter of Dwarven Wine is recommended.

"I thought it was the size of the others!" said Vanon. "I guess it was just standing further away!"

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: March 10, 2008, 09:53:00 am »

The songs of Mozart etc. are under "free use" because they are over 70 years old. Some orchestras have copyrights on theyr special interpretations of Mozart (etc.) but most are under free use too.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: March 10, 2008, 09:54:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Slartibartfast:
<STRONG>I'd expect even the other songs are copyrighted, since whoever performed them probably also got copyright to protect their performance.
Where did you get all these songs anyway, Akroma?

Either way, cool stuff and quite thematic, so nice work   :)</STRONG>

from various rapidshares. I had them all lying around already, didn't collect them specificaly for Nist Akath

also, why is everyone talking about the copyright ? For someone to sue me, they first have to go after me. Yeah, of course they don't have better copyright infrigdement criminals running around, for instance those who distribute the stuf for money

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of Tin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: March 10, 2008, 09:57:00 am »

quote:
<STRONG>The songs of Mozart etc. are under "free use" because they are over 70 years old. Some orchestras have copyrights on theyr special interpretations of Mozart (etc.) but most are under free use too.</STRONG>

I'm not well versed in the art of copyright, but I was under the impression that even though the composition itself is not copyrighted, an orchestra has the right to copyright their performance of any Mozart work.

So unless you can enjoy music by reading note sheets, you won't be able to enjoy Mozart's music unless it gets performed by someone willing to "release" their performance to the public free of charge.

And again, read my sig :P

But what do I know?
Everything I say should be taken with atleast 1 tsp. of salt, and another liter of Dwarven Wine is recommended.

"I thought it was the size of the others!" said Vanon. "I guess it was just standing further away!"

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: March 10, 2008, 10:02:00 am »

Hey according to a new EU Law (or was it a german one?) they can sue me too because i downloaded that stuff. I dont have the money or the time for that kind of crap.

quote:
I'm not well versed in the art of copyright, but I was under the impression that even though the composition itself is not copyrighted, an orchestra has the right to copyright their performance of any Mozart work.

Thats true but they can choose the form of theyr rights on the performance and the most choose a form of free/fair use public domain etc. So there should be no problem to find a version without a hard copyright.

[ March 10, 2008: Message edited by: Heph ]

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: March 10, 2008, 10:26:00 am »

quote:
<STRONG>Hey according to a new EU Law (or was it a german one?) they can sue me too because i downloaded that stuff. I dont have the money or the time for that kind of crap.

Thats true but they can choose the form of theyr rights on the performance and the most choose a form of free/fair use public domain etc. So there should be no problem to find a version without a hard copyright.

[ March 10, 2008: Message edited by: Heph ]</STRONG>

oh hello, you must be new to the internets
I am seriously astnoished by you people. I get together some nice music and put it on sendspace, like millions have done before, without even giving a thogth into it, and the first thing that happens is that someone points out that the songs by led zeppelin is copyrighted. And suddenly people pop they will genuinely be sued when they download that ?

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: March 10, 2008, 10:30:00 am »

And the DF sindrome strikes again. I can just imagine some yahoo kid coming to the forums to see what's all the fuss about DF and him being send to read the story of Nist Akath... And then he runs into some old farts talking about Mozart.

Great story by the way, mr. Mayday.

With the final words said, the little bearded loony goes back into his cave.

Trollvottel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: March 10, 2008, 10:32:00 am »

Erm, you also got your IP recorded when uploading it; and the internets providers nowadays do hand the list of "who, what IP, when" to anyone that claims to have been in law enforcement or the music industry at some point, apparently. (Downloading, they don't mind much. Uploading? They do, sometimes.)

Anyway, can we get back on topic? I'd love to read more about Nist Akath.  :)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: March 10, 2008, 10:36:00 am »

yes, back to nist akath, because the discussion of wether or not 3 copyrighted files are going to be persecuted by law is just ridiculous.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: March 10, 2008, 10:50:00 am »

Interesting fact about Nist Akath. If you look at the front slice view of the map Mayday most recently posted centered on the highest point in the fortress, you can see what appearers to be a very dwarven face.

I'll post a JPG if anyone has trouble finding it when I get home.

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: March 10, 2008, 11:00:00 am »

My colorless friend calm down. Back to the story please.

[ March 10, 2008: Message edited by: Heph ]

Proud to be a Furry.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: March 10, 2008, 02:24:00 pm »

Hmm, now we should find some composers in our community and have them make an official Nist Akath Soundtrack, and release it like OCR released Chrono Sympony (I think that was the name.)

Also,
LONG LIVE NIST AKATH!!  Or at least Die in an insanely awesome way.

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 265