Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 602707 times)

gimlisonofgloin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nist Akath. Betrayal in the Tundra.
« Reply #1380 on: February 27, 2008, 03:10:00 am »

You don't mess with Gimli.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: February 27, 2008, 11:53:00 am »

Captain's Log. 21st of Opal
Today the report came in about Balin. It seems that he's taken over a masons workshop and has commenced stealing items from all over the fort to fuel his creation.

Thus far there is nothing he hasn't been able to find, but we shall see how it goes.

Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Wintrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: February 28, 2008, 04:54:00 am »

I'd like to propose a banner for the Ironblood Clan.

I'll try yo make one myself, but I suck at drawing   :)

The banner would be a drop of blood above a pair of antlers on a field of white.

:)
Now I have to get to work on a banner for the Fairsabres Clan. Any inspirations? (Beyond Swords?)
How many kids are they up to anyway? Last count was 6 but thats 7 pages back or so.

[ February 28, 2008: Message edited by: Wintrow ]

Dwarfs being in love with gold. "What? No, we only say that to get it into bed."

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: February 28, 2008, 05:17:00 am »

Not sure to be honest, it's a variable.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: February 28, 2008, 05:25:00 am »

Captain's Log. 14th of Granite.
The spring begins with tragedy. Balin, unable to find the resources he needed, snapped like a twig, and commenced running through the fortress babbling.
He stopped briefly by the meeting hall, empty at the time, and then by the statue area in the baths, which, according to Nosey, rather ruined the mood.
He has since come to sit rocking back and forth in a fetal position in the middle of the baths, on top of an image of two purring maggots.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: February 28, 2008, 05:31:00 am »

Captain's Log. 19th of Granite.
A day of sorrow. Today, the elves arrived.

Along with that, Balin finally committed his final act, plunging to his doom on the floor of the stairwell of sorrow.

His head and torso lay atop "The Sable Mud", by old Dumed, depicting a dwarf in a fetal position, strangely enough.
His left arm was on "The Swamp of Butters", also by Dumed, depicting a dwarf raising a dolomite earring.
His left leg was on "The Wealthy Bunnies", again by Dumed, depicting a dead Elf (the best kind.

I try to find meaning from the images they hit, but the only thing I see here is that elves are better off dead, which everybody knows anyway.

Speaking of elves, I have to go trade a vest or something for a small section of forest. They are not the best merchants.

GeneralValter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: February 28, 2008, 06:35:00 am »

In my most current fortress I was recently in a three-squad ambush and I had to lock down the entire fortress. Then the elves came.

I briefly considered opening the doors to let them in quickly, but then thought better and let the goblins kill every single one of them.

On the plus side, they left all their wood here for me, and (I kid you not) one of my bone carvers then got possessed and made a serrated dog bone blade adorned with elf bones. That's my kind of artifact!

Keep it up, mayday. I am in total suspense of what may happen next.

quot;I guess all of the fairy tales were about people having their crap stolen." -Toady One

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: February 28, 2008, 06:42:00 am »

Captain's Log. 22nd of Slate.
The creative mood, whatever it is, is insistent. Today poor Nicro became subject to its desires, claiming control of a mason's workshop down among the dead dwarves.

He's currently scurrying about the fortress, looking for items he needs.

Upon the surface, the wall building effort continues unabated, and we're almost done. We've had to actually mine for more stone, something that has become more frequent in recent years as demand has outstripped supply.

bhelyer

• Bay Watcher
  • The kart iz not movink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: February 28, 2008, 07:59:00 pm »

Great stuff, the whole lot of it. Just out of curiousity, what year is it now? I'm assuming Nist Akath was founded in 1051.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: February 28, 2008, 10:54:00 pm »

It was founded in 1050, it is now 1081

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: February 28, 2008, 11:02:00 pm »

Captain's Log. 4th of Felsite.
Nicro has finished his creation. It is "Strangebraids", a calcite weapon rack, and it has images of mountains on it carved in towercap wood.

I rather liked it, and since I can always use more places to store weapons, I advised him to place it in my office.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: February 28, 2008, 11:06:00 pm »

Captain's Log. 5th of Felsite.
I met with BurnedToast today. We did some paperwork, and I thanked him for finding me the item in my office, again.

Then I asked him to find me an item for my bedroom.

He asked me if I was serious, and I told him of course. Then he asked me if maybe somebody else could get this one, and I told him that he was the only one I would trust with this task.

He kind of looked a bit forlorn after that, so I gave him one of Xotes' crumpets, which are quite delicious and I have no idea how she finds the time to make them. Special effort that is!

Uruth Kranon

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a leaf on the wind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: February 29, 2008, 12:05:00 am »

Cap'n, amazing story. You have rekindled my obsession with df(as has happened with dozens of others). Awesome story!

Till the day Ironblood falls
                                   -Uruth Kranon

P.S. who are we kidding, thats never gonna happen! hahahahahaha

"That was the strongest poison I could lay my hands on, and all it did was make him nauseous." (Baron of Nist Akath)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: February 29, 2008, 01:27:00 am »

I got a crumpet! hooray!

So you want another ' item' hmmm? why don't we try a black bronze armor stand, assuming of course we have spare black bronze. If that doesn't work well, I guess we can try a nice giant cave spider silk bag if we have one laying around.

And if you don't like those, we might have to wait for another colossus to make a new statue out of. (did that actually fill the demand last time, or did the captain just forget about it about that time?)

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: February 29, 2008, 03:08:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by BurnedToast:
<STRONG>I got a crumpet! hooray!

So you want another ' item' hmmm? why don't we try a black bronze armor stand, assuming of course we have spare black bronze. If that doesn't work well, I guess we can try a nice giant cave spider silk bag if we have one laying around.

And if you don't like those, we might have to wait for another colossus to make a new statue out of. (did that actually fill the demand last time, or did the captain just forget about it about that time?)</STRONG>

I believe it actually filled it. Can't be 100% certain, of course. So far I've tried a blackbronze statue, which failed to fill it. I'm sure I'll have that in the next update.

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 265