Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 602726 times)

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nist Akath. Betrayal in the Tundra.
« Reply #1335 on: February 23, 2008, 08:42:00 pm »

So basically the armies of Nist Akath spilling forth would lead to the extinction of all life everywhere

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: February 23, 2008, 09:19:00 pm »

Ha there is a giant hammer but where is the Giant Nail eh?
Or maybe a 5 Zs high Clearglass Greenhouse with a Royal Statuegarden and Waterfall on the inside?

Do you have some new Immigrants?

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: February 23, 2008, 09:29:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Heph:
<STRONG>Ha there is a giant hammer but where is the Giant Nail eh?
Or maybe a 5 Zs high Clearglass Greenhouse with a Royal Statuegarden and Waterfall on the inside?

Do you have some new Immigrants?</STRONG>

Clearglass is pretty easy, but it isn't possible for me to have a waterfall inside, unless I build it underground, which would be pointless.

Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: February 23, 2008, 09:42:00 pm »

Captain's Log. 4th of Sandstone.
The Fairsabres girl Asen has taken control of a crafts workshop. Something in the blood, I should think.

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: February 23, 2008, 09:51:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Mayday:
<STRONG>Clearglass is pretty easy, but it isn't possible for me to have a waterfall inside, unless I build it underground, which would be pointless.</STRONG>

Why not?  The waterfall, I mean.  You'd need to pump the water up, but flushing into the aquifer would simplify the project.  I'm currently working on an FPS-devastating project of this ilk, should be done tonightish, which I may upload to dfma if it looks nice.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: February 23, 2008, 10:08:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by benoit.hudson:
<STRONG>

Why not?  The waterfall, I mean.  You'd need to pump the water up, but flushing into the aquifer would simplify the project.  I'm currently working on an FPS-devastating project of this ilk, should be done tonightish, which I may upload to dfma if it looks nice.</STRONG>

The water would freeze.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: February 23, 2008, 11:14:00 pm »

Not if you have a roof. in 176.38a Toady had fixed the prob that water stays frozen then its turning from outside to inside (right?). I thougt he mentioned it somewhere.

[ February 23, 2008: Message edited by: Heph ]

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: February 24, 2008, 01:46:00 am »

I will test it then.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: February 24, 2008, 02:36:00 am »

Also, add these to the list of community members with named dwarves.

We're now at 100 dwarves.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: February 24, 2008, 03:27:00 am »

Okay, I have tested water and found it does not stay liquid. It's just too cold I guess.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: February 24, 2008, 04:49:00 am »

Captain's Log. 1st of Moonstone.
Heartwrenching news I write today. The girl Asen's mind snapped, like a twig, unable as she was to complete her work.
She threw herself into the void above the stairwell of sorrow, like so many have before, exploding on impact.
We found her left upper leg laying on old Dumed's engravement "The Spear of Waters" and original image showing dwarves speaking with dwarves.
Her right upper leg occupied an engraving by Lasar, "The constructive hare of chambers", an original piece showing a dwarf striking down an elk.
Her head and body occupied another of Dumed's original pieces, "The Nettle of Leprosy" showing, once again, a dwarf surrounded by dwarves.

Rest in peace, Asen. As a gesture of your remembrance, we shall deal with the lack of dining tables you complained about recently (despite their being more of them than dwarves in the fortress, I will address it.)

Tigerbunny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: February 24, 2008, 05:38:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Mayday:
<STRONG>a mastermason</STRONG>

sure  :) but I NEED MORE SUPPORTS I NEED PILLARS!

By the way are you able to copy the [l]-screen for us?
Nist Akath got so many moods i lost the overview, quite interested what artifacts they produced exactly though.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: February 24, 2008, 08:45:00 am »

Okay Armok, next arrival is for you.

And for Tigerbunny

[ February 24, 2008: Message edited by: Captain Mayday ]

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: February 24, 2008, 08:59:00 am »

Captain's Log. 18th of Moonstone.
It surprised me.
We had a new arrival today, arriving out of the snows of the tundra.

She was naked, save for the mask that covered her face. It was a wonder she didn't feel the cold. At least, I wondered that at first.

But the inner flame of the fanatic must have warmed her.
She is a priestess of the God of Blood, Armok, and she tells us she has come to our fortress to deal with certain issues.
First of all, we dressed her.
Second, she told us we could no longer live in sin, and must marry our chosen partners. It's not as if we didn't want to! We just lacked a priest, or priestess, and I don't have the authority to do it. And since the separation of church and state, neither have any of the Nobility.

She also wanted to see our list of artifacts.
I have given them to her. It's not as if it is a secret.

For some reason she paid particular attention to mine. Perhaps its just because it was me.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: February 24, 2008, 09:35:00 am »

**The following is an explanation of a bug. The human liaison has now been following around the mayor for several years, since before his guards were killed, and has never left nor gone insane.

The Letters of Ostri Gladspine, merchant prince of the Satiny Realms of Shooting. 2nd of Opal.

To my darling wife,

How I long to lay my eyes on you once more, and to kiss your lips. I don't know if these letters reach you, since you never reply, but it is my hope that they do.

For... maybe five years now... I can no longer remember how long exactly, I have waited here patiently for Mayor Ironblood to make time for me. At first it seemed so easy, like any other time.

Then my guards died, and I was advised to wait here for some resolution of that. It now appears as though more information will come to light that will secure my return home.

I have been desperately trying to convince Ironblood to allocate more resources to it, but he is unwilling to turn hands away from the spectacular projects within this fortress.
I followed him night and day, constantly nagging him to do something, and at last, my nagging has come to fruition.
The arrival of the priestess of Armok has sparked some renewed interest in the case. The Priestess herself seems interested in the occurrence, and has begun sincere investigations.

Ironblood has received a report and will speak with me regarding it when he waks up. Then, finally, I shall take my leave. Finally I shall return home. Finally I shall lay eyes on you once more, my darling wife.

Yours in love,

Ostri Gladspine.

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 265