Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 603312 times)

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
Re: Nist Akath. Betrayal in the Tundra.
« Reply #1155 on: February 13, 2008, 03:15:00 pm »

Make it breath fire! No, wait.

Can you give it minions?
Or, even better, make it spawn another, weakened dragon at death, like "Oh, I'm not dead yet!".

Of course, now the dragon is dead, these would be applied to the next megabeast.

A fire-breathing colossus...

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: February 13, 2008, 03:28:00 pm »

oh god, this scene muist have looked awesome

image a tiny dwarf jumping at this HUGE dragon, grabbing it by it's ...dunno.. theeth ? and then SLAMMING it into the ground like the fist of the motherfucking northstar

bomrek if fucking hardcore

[ February 13, 2008: Message edited by: Akroma ]

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Bingbing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: February 13, 2008, 03:29:00 pm »

No. A fire breathing poisoning webbing colossus with [DAMBLOCK:1000]. That ought to do it.
Beware. Not of the E, or of the U, or even of the &, @, and b. Beware the #.<BR>(Translation:) Beware. Not of the elephants, or of the unicorns, or even the demons, carp, and badgers. Beware the husks, for they are relentless, corrupting, and unstoppable. Only the might of hell itself can even keep it in check; and only for a small period of time. If one sees such a being; run away, unless you like the idea of joining their ranks.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: February 13, 2008, 03:32:00 pm »

if you modded in an entirely new megabeast, you'd have to create a new world right ?

if not, I suggest something like a dark clone of the captain, catch him in a cage and then let them duel in the arena

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of Tin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: February 13, 2008, 03:57:00 pm »

Mod a colossus to have 100 arms, I'd like to see the dwarves survive 100 fists per second  :) (that is, assuming extra arms will grant extra attacks.)
And it would sure be an interesting enemy to wrestle.
But what do I know?
Everything I say should be taken with atleast 1 tsp. of salt, and another liter of Dwarven Wine is recommended.

"I thought it was the size of the others!" said Vanon. "I guess it was just standing further away!"

Tyrving

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Poster/Dabbling Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: February 13, 2008, 04:30:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Slartibartfast:
<STRONG>Mod a colossus to have 100 arms, I'd like to see the dwarves survive 100 fists per second   :) (that is, assuming extra arms will grant extra attacks.)
And it would sure be an interesting enemy to wrestle.</STRONG>

A bronze hecatoncheires?

I approve. Maybe a half-dozen or so of them could take down the Captain, if they all had damblock 100 and firebreath, and the Captain forgot his armor.

Bingbing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: February 13, 2008, 06:12:00 pm »

Bout the only way this fortress is going to explode is if you turn one of the guys resting into a super powerful giant cave spider. Bonus points if it has a crossbow.
Beware. Not of the E, or of the U, or even of the &, @, and b. Beware the #.<BR>(Translation:) Beware. Not of the elephants, or of the unicorns, or even the demons, carp, and badgers. Beware the husks, for they are relentless, corrupting, and unstoppable. Only the might of hell itself can even keep it in check; and only for a small period of time. If one sees such a being; run away, unless you like the idea of joining their ranks.

Demosthenes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: February 13, 2008, 07:54:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Bingbing:
<STRONG>Bout the only way this fortress is going to explode is if you turn one of the guys resting into a super powerful giant cave spider. Bonus points if it has a crossbow.</STRONG>

3 crossbows.

Lemnx

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding Cheese
    • View Profile
    • Lem_Nx
« Reply #1163 on: February 13, 2008, 08:33:00 pm »

Forget crossbows.... Vomit and Fly launching arms....
..."I bumped Nist Akath and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"...

trousermonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://trousermonkey.dyndns.org
« Reply #1164 on: February 13, 2008, 10:43:00 pm »

Pictures from a mine in Siberia reminded of your struggles in the icy tundra:

Siberian mine

Unfortunately no pictures of skelks...

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: February 13, 2008, 11:38:00 pm »

For practically the first time in canon history, mini-me was in danger! This is a event that makes me happy-tastic.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: February 14, 2008, 02:46:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Slartibartfast:
<STRONG>
I know it's a tiny typo to point out, but since typos tend to knock me out of my immersion I thought some people would appreciate it if I pointed it out    
Other than that - Woohoo*, awesome!

*-Amusingly enough, Firefox said this was a misspelled word and offered "boohoo" instead. (Presumably directed at the acolyte and/or dragon)</STRONG>

fixed. thanks!
I had to rewrite some major details as I played through a few times.

Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: February 14, 2008, 04:01:00 am »

The problem with monsters, it seems, are the following issues:
First, they have no fighting skills to speak of, relying entirely on their size and natural weapons.

This has a flow on effect for the dwarves, who can apparently dodge and block as many times a turn as they are attacked. This also offers them the chance of a counterstrike, which does not seem to require a turn.

The Dwarves of Nist Akath are so hardcore, they simply never get hit. And that's really the problem.
Even dragon breath doesn't bother them, since it's so cold outside it apparently just warms them up enough to kick the dragon's butt.

Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: February 14, 2008, 04:18:00 am »

And with each fight, Ironblood only gets stronger. The next time the Acolyte sends a dwarf at him he will just go into cabinet smashing mode again.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #1169 on: February 14, 2008, 04:25:00 am »

Mayday will have to create a dwarf, a dwarf with super damblock, maxed-out stats, legendary skills and he heals it all the time.
About a dozen of those attacking the Captain simultaneously while he's asleep should do the trick. Once he's weakened by their attacks, you send in the dragons.

Also, you must somehow get him to release his grip from the artifact cabinet, 'cause it's deadly.

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 265