Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 603345 times)

Lemnx

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding Cheese
    • View Profile
    • Lem_Nx
Re: Nist Akath. Betrayal in the Tundra.
« Reply #1140 on: February 13, 2008, 02:46:00 am »

I guess I should always use [sarcasm] tags... The internet isn't really good with conveying emotional stress on phrases and words.
..."I bumped Nist Akath and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"...

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: February 13, 2008, 10:27:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Skullivan:
<STRONG>Captain,does companion work with the new version?

Also, I love your story. Read the whole thing and have been following for a while now.   :D</STRONG>

Sure does work.

Also, to everyone, I will be making a new thread for the adventure. Please post there once I create it. I will, of course, be giving preference to people who have not had a dwarf in this.

Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: February 13, 2008, 11:22:00 am »

Captain's Log. 16th of Granite.
The Elves arrived today, only to find themselves utterly beset by goblins.
I was interested to hear how far their pacifism went when confronted by the green menace, and was surprised to discover the answer was "all the way to the end."

Needless to say, the problem was quickly dispatched, but now we have a load of useless junk, corpses, and only some usable items.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: February 13, 2008, 11:29:00 am »

Captain's Log. 17th of Granite.
Xotes certainly had a harrowing escape today.
She was out collecting the bodies and junk left by the traders, when she was ambushed by goblins.
A group of goblin hammermen led by a spearman.

Luckily for Xotes, this group was, in turn, ambushed by Bomrek.
All the goblins, including the group who ambushed the Elves, were hacked into several pieces each by our dear Captain of the Guard, and Xotes remains quite well, though obviously shaken.
Why, it was all I could do to get her to prepare some of her delicious crumpets for me whens she returned.

Bingbing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: February 13, 2008, 11:31:00 am »

Thanks for the distraction! I guess my damage was for the best. I might recover, and we got a titan to help. Seeing my luck, I'll go beserk, get set on fire, and cause a finale on the style of IT.
Beware. Not of the E, or of the U, or even of the &, @, and b. Beware the #.<BR>(Translation:) Beware. Not of the elephants, or of the unicorns, or even the demons, carp, and badgers. Beware the husks, for they are relentless, corrupting, and unstoppable. Only the might of hell itself can even keep it in check; and only for a small period of time. If one sees such a being; run away, unless you like the idea of joining their ranks.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: February 13, 2008, 12:13:00 pm »

Captain's Log. 1st of Slate.
Well, it appears young Fikod managed to find all the pieces he was after.
He's made a marble earring to match the one his sister made... out of malachite.

In any case, he's named it Smoothnesslimb the Sensitive Boot of Speaking.

For reasons unknown.

It has a picture of some cedar trees, depicted in marble.

A picture of a wave, depicted in turtle shell.

And a picture of diamonds. In cat leather.

I asked the boy why he chose cat leather and he said something about making it soft to the touch, what with all the spikes and all. I suppose that's warranted.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: February 13, 2008, 12:56:00 pm »

Events of the 17th of Slate.
"CAPTAIN!" shouted BurnedToast, bursting through the door to his office.
"Burnedtoast." replied the Captain, calmly. "Surely it could only be good news bringing you here so late in the day, and with such vigour."
The Captain was clearly attempting dry wit.

BurnedToast, however, was too preoccupied to notice.
"No, sir! It's a dragon!"
"Another one?"
"YES!"
"Does it look friendly?" asked the Captain, standing.
"No, sir! It looks hungry!"
"I take it you've alerted everyone?"
"Of course! This one is named Lor Naughtybows!"
"Why on earth is she named that?" asked Captain Ironblood, vaguely puzzled.
"I don't know, sir, but she's famed for slaughtering a dozen human families!"
"Rather different than coming here." mused the Captain, taking up his axe, mounted on his office wall between two dragon skulls.
"She's a big one, though, sir. One of the strongest we've ever heard tell of! Certainly the strongest who has ever come here!"

Bingbing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: February 13, 2008, 01:00:00 pm »

ULTRA VIOLENCE!
Beware. Not of the E, or of the U, or even of the &, @, and b. Beware the #.<BR>(Translation:) Beware. Not of the elephants, or of the unicorns, or even the demons, carp, and badgers. Beware the husks, for they are relentless, corrupting, and unstoppable. Only the might of hell itself can even keep it in check; and only for a small period of time. If one sees such a being; run away, unless you like the idea of joining their ranks.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: February 13, 2008, 01:20:00 pm »

"big" as in modded to hell and back ?

hooray

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: February 13, 2008, 01:37:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Akroma:
<STRONG>"big" as in modded to hell and back ?

hooray</STRONG>

I've save scummed a few times now. It's up to DAMBLOCK 40 and crazy legendary stats.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: February 13, 2008, 02:13:00 pm »

Continued Events of the 17th of Slate.
Lor shrieked. The roaring voice in her head was strong, and it promised freedom from its words if she would merely fulfill a minor task.
All she had to do to be free of its touch, she was sure, was destroy the warriors who defended this place.

For one such as she, surely that would be easy.
She shrieked again, though it sounded like a roar, and took to the skies, gliding slowing towards her target with determination.

On the ground, Bomrek watched the mighty dragon slowly glide towards the fort. The fort was empty right now, however, and she stood in the fortress courtyard, weapon drawn.

"Where is everyone?" she wondered aloud, risking a glance around for her comrades, wary of the dragon growing ever nearer.

A question answered only moments later by the Captain emerging from the fort itself, and Viktoria and Darktongue emerging from the Trade Depot.

Captain Ironblood risked a look above him as the Dragon soared overhead.
BurnedToast and the farmer Vabok, the hero Doren's son, screamed as it approached, murder glinting in its eyes.

Ironblood joined Bomrek, standing ready at her side in the face of the beast.
"She's big." he noted.
"She is." replied Bomrek, nodding ever so slightly.
They were totally shrouded in its shadow.

Adalore had by now emerged, and joined the group of himself, Doren, Darktongue and Viktoria racing towards them.
Fear and lust for battle gleamed in their eyes as the dragon landed before the two Captains, slashing unsuccessfully at Bomrek, who conveniently placed herself someplace else.

But Lor was smarter than that, and smacked Bomrek to the ground with a lash of her tail, before turning to her with her talons.
Bomrek was unable to get to her feet, merely rolling back at every strike made.
Ironblood managed to bury his axe in the dragon's arm, but was immediately thrown aside in favour of continued attacks on Bomrek.

Bomrek managed to get to her feet, and dodged one of the Dragon's blows, allowing her to get the opening she needed.
She flew at the dragon as though she had wings of her own, grabbing hold of it and pulling it off its feet.
She crashed to the ground with it, allowing Ironblood to take a strike at it, slashing through its soft underbelly into its guts.

Lor didn't look so good after this, and stumbled away in shock, only to find Ironblood would not relent. Again he slashed at the soft underbelly, and again he found soft gut to slash.

"AHA!" he shouted, "It's my mantlepiece for you!"
The dragon merely hissed in response, too angry to care what this tiny creature had to say.

Adalore had just arrived on the scene when the Dragon once more burst into flight, landing a short distance away, only to find Ironblood barrelling into her once again.

It was mere moments before the entire Nist Akathian military was on top of her, cutting away at her, causing a thousand minor cuts, from which her blood flowed relentlessly.

In the end, the dwarves were still hacking at her body as she died from bloodloss. An ignoble death, some might say, for such a fearsome creature.

Up on top of the Hammer Tower, the Acolyte watched with interest.
Her God's most prized pet lay dead in the snow. Despite the power he had placed in it, it had done no good.
It was the Acolyte's chance then. If she could prove that she could turn this military to rubble, she would have a place at her god's side forevermore.
If not... it would mean excruciating death and eternal torture.
She decided that she mustn't fail, but could hardly help but feel discouraged by the sight of the fallen dragon.
Strength hadn't worked. Stealth hadn't worked, in the case of the goblin ambushes. Maybe cunning would.

[ February 14, 2008: Message edited by: Captain Mayday ]

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: February 13, 2008, 02:14:00 pm »

Funfact: The dragon still got wrecked at damblock 80.
How irritating.

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: February 13, 2008, 02:26:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Mayday:
<STRONG>Funfact: The dragon still got wrecked at damblock 80.
How irritating.</STRONG>

Solution: Send out less powerful members of the military, so it'll be a bit more exciting

Bullion cancels witty informative post: Interrupted by Logic

Lemnx

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding Cheese
    • View Profile
    • Lem_Nx
« Reply #1153 on: February 13, 2008, 02:30:00 pm »

Maybe you could give the dragon some crossbows. >:3
..."I bumped Nist Akath and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"...

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of Tin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: February 13, 2008, 03:14:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Mayday:
she had wings of his own[/QB]

I know it's a tiny typo to point out, but since typos tend to knock me out of my immersion I thought some people would appreciate it if I pointed it out  
Other than that - Woohoo*, awesome!

*-Amusingly enough, Firefox said this was a misspelled word and offered "boohoo" instead. (Presumably directed at the acolyte and/or dragon)

But what do I know?
Everything I say should be taken with atleast 1 tsp. of salt, and another liter of Dwarven Wine is recommended.

"I thought it was the size of the others!" said Vanon. "I guess it was just standing further away!"
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 265