Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37

Author Topic: Death and Glory!  (Read 58243 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Death and Glory!
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2008, 04:20:00 am »

quote:
...adjusts his two loincloths...

XD

This was an unforeseen consequence, mind you. Never intended it to be that way. I guess the two LOWERBODY tags tend to do that. :P

Lookin good so far, but I guess you'll really have to retreat. You need loads more skill to successfully battle those fiends. Specifically, more toughness so you don't get tired too fast.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Patarak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2008, 05:02:00 am »

Is the species you are playing as some sort of saytr thing? What does the martial arts mod do exactly?

Whips made of iron... That's really hardcore.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2008, 05:11:00 am »

He's playing a kentaur. It's basically a centaur, except I specifically defined it as an "elf/horse" crossover, unlike the usual "human/horse". They're not as protective of animals or trees, but still like forests over plains.

The martial arts mod was originally made to improve the natural attacks of all existing creatures (most notably the major playable ones), but later grew to introduce race-specific weaponry, armor, body structure changes, new creatures and various items.

By the way, you might want to combine the mod with the Minerals mod. Aluminum crossbows ftw!  :p

[ March 06, 2008: Message edited by: Sean Mirrsen ]

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

K4tz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2008, 12:54:00 pm »

Haha, nice to see my idea was picked~

I'm betting on the death at the hands of a swarm of fish.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2008, 12:59:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Patarak:
<STRONG>Is the species you are playing as some sort of saytr thing? What does the martial arts mod do exactly?

Whips made of iron... That's really hardcore.</STRONG>

The character hes playing is named after a character in Sacrifice. Or at least i can only presume that since he is playing a centaur wielding a whip named after a centaur wielding a whip.

Also if you want ill post up my GCS mode which replaces goblins with GCS's I even gave em 8 eyes for you to gouge. This ought to give your adventurers a nic challenge.

Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2008, 03:41:00 pm »

Damn fish, swimming around like they own the water.  You show them!  Strike, Jadugarr!  In the name of every poor adventurer whose corpse now lies in the watery deep.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2008, 03:51:00 pm »

Btw, I just can't help but notice:

quote:
The carp stands up.

You know, it kinda makes me afraid a little.   :)

Hmm, should I add giant carp to my mod?...
Or carpmen...

[ March 06, 2008: Message edited by: Sean Mirrsen ]

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2008, 03:57:00 pm »

I am planning on adding both giant carp and carpmen in my mod.

Also carp demons.

[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2008, 06:43:00 am »

Kudos to thatguyweallknow for finding the Sacrifice reference.  Kentauri were the only race that showed up in my world that had lashers (well, aside from the outcasts), and I was struck with the image of Jadugarr.  So, I named the smelly blighter that.

Jadugarr realized that he was still inexperienced, and that he would need to hone his body and his skills further before attempting to face the carp again.

He traveled southeast, through the jungles of perishing and towards the forest retreat of conjurehowls.

Here he found nothing of interest aside from a chestnut tree which, according to a nearby plaque, had been named "Bigwax".  Jadugarr payed his respects to Bigwax, and continued on his way, moving farther south.

As he entered into the jungles of perishing again, a large shaper barrelled towards him out of the foliage, roaring fiercely!  The massive grizzly bear bore down on Jadugarr with terrifying speed, razor-sharp claws tearing up the soft earth as it came ever closer!

Well, okay.  So it was a smaller black bear.  That was just sitting there, foraging for berries.   It did attack the kentaur, though.

Seeing a chance to excersize his power, Jadugarr took out his iron whip and charged the beast head-on!  A quick snap of the whip opened up a large gash on the bear's upper back, and a second lash tore a similar stripe on the creature's left cheek, ripping off a few pieces of the ear as well.

The creature threw its body into Jadugarr and knocked him over, attempting to rake him with its claws all the while.  Jadugarr was kept occupied with fending off the creature's blows, but was able to land a stinging whip to the bear's leg.

Jadugarr struggles to his feet, just in time to sidestep the bear's next charge, giving him a perfect opportuniy to strike at the bear's midsection as it rushed past.

The blow connected with a soft spot, and the bear began to vomit, thick chunks of various semi-digested plant and animal matter belching up from between its teeth and onto the ground.

Jadugarr pounced on top of the preoccupied beast, and began lashing it violently, ripping its legs and body to bits with his whip, the sharp smacking sounds of it striking the creature's flesh dampened slightly by the trees and foliage nearby.

The bear is weakened considerably, and Jadugarr moves in for his finishing move.  

Slinging his whip around the bear's neck, Jadugarr pulls back on his end of the iron line, squeezing the the life out of the hulking ursine.

It took a long time, the beast twitching in an attempt to shake off the kentaur, but eventually the last light of consciousness left its eyes, and Jadugarr loosened the whip from around the bear's neck.

This had been a very informative meeting, Jadugarr thought, as he continued his search for something that would truly strengthen him.

Some time later, another bear came after Jadugarr.  A few cracks of the whip showed the lesser creature who was the real boss here.

After that, Jadugarr again continued on his path, just like all the other times.

After some time, he came across the small forest village of trotmorals, where he attempted to find some daring quest to undertake, or a vicious monster to slay or something, or a magical sword that some farmer misplaced or something.

He inquired one of the commonfolk as to the whereabouts of any such activities, but the peasant knew of no such things.

Jadugarr was intrigued when the peasant told him of the powerful being that presided over their village, and so Jadugarr set out at once to find him.

Not an easy task, considering this "village" was composed entirely of a grove of trees that had been dubbed such names as "the Blameless Matches", and "the Contingent Panther", as well as "Beachedsquare the Lobster of Wheeling".  None of these trees had arrows carved into them, so finding this "Coņar" indeed proved difficult, especially seeing as how Jadugarr had no idea of what he was looking for.

After a quick chat with the village's elite bowman (Jadugarr had always been a bit nervous around bows.  He was never entirely sure why), it was made clear that Coņar was, in fact, in a different settlement far to the west.  That's what you get for listening to a peasant.

However, the bowman stopped Jadugarr from setting off immediately and asked if he might be interested in helping out his village.

A cyclops by the name of Kacnu Voicedcat was in a cave not far from the village, and had been making periodic raids on the inhabitants, as well as attacking any hunters or traders who passed through that area.  The bowman asked if Jadugarr would be able to defeat this fiend, and rid the townsfolk of worry.  Jadugarr contemplated his answer...

Vote!

A) Agree to the bowman's task.
B) Ignore the settlement and seek out Coņar.
C) eXtreme fishing.
D) Berserk.
E)*_________

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2008, 10:47:00 am »

I vote A - play it straight for now, and agree to the task.

If you recruit any drunks, can you call one Smiley, profession Jester.

In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2008, 10:57:00 am »

Jadugarr does need the skill. And fame, whatever that's worth. I think that nasty cyclops creature needs to become less nasty. Like, dead.  :)

And, uh... There "might" be a problem with the Conar (Conan? :)) person. There's a certain chance he might give you a quest to kill him...  Consider it a side effect of being "mad with power". And by the way, it's nigh impossible to defeat a diviner. Especially considering that to get him hostile, you'd need to attack him in melee..

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2008, 11:05:00 am »

Yeah, I made another world and started adventuring as an outcast (why did you make them the same size as elves?), when I came upon one of the divines sitting in a forest retreat by himself.  As far as I could tell, nobody else was in the area.  

Not only did he tell me to kill him, he said "go there and kill Oshrir (or whatever his name was) the Oshrir".  I'm not sure what's causing this.

As for the drunk, I'll see what I can do.  Kentaur peasants are the same color as drunks, so it's hard to tell them apart.  I haven't found any drunks yet, but if I find one, I'll try to accommodate.  Do you have a race preference?  I may not be able to find a kentaur drunk, and there aren't any humans in this world...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2008, 11:33:00 am »

I vote A.

And I bet an obsidian short sword, a Police Body Armor[BD], and a Gible on dismemberment by GCS.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2008, 11:46:00 am »

Outcasts are mutated dark elves, their upper body and torso joined with the thorax and abdomen of a giant (cave) spider. It makes sense for them to be the same size - they couldn't wear dark elf-size armor otherwise.

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2008, 11:48:00 am »

I say A D together. First A, then D. For not getting reward (if you survive the cave of course).
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37