Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37

Author Topic: Death and Glory!  (Read 58240 times)

K4tz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Death and Glory!
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2008, 12:15:00 pm »

I vote fish hunting with a whip.

Just wondering, what actions are possible while swimming? I'm wondering whether shark wrestling is possible or not  :)

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2008, 02:21:00 pm »

Become an acomplished bowman, but drop your bow at the start and wield your arrows instead! Then stand on the second floor of a mead hall and throw arrows at any who dare enter! Once they get close stab em with your last arrow and die a glorious arrow-ninja death, or survive and become a champion of the arrowed arts!
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Vugor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2008, 07:02:00 pm »

be like the only adventurer i ever had fun with and do nothing but kill people by throwing shoes or socks at them...............it was fun...til the guards surrounded me....he went down flinging a cave spider silk sock that broke a guards neck.....

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2008, 10:38:00 pm »

You aren't a true throwing master until you throw Large Serrated Discs. (points to sig)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Lord_Frodo

• Bay Watcher
  • The crazy in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2008, 11:20:00 pm »

This will probably sound silly but what  is all this talk of "pocket" worlds?
I thought worlds only came in one size.

Oh and very nice story so far my vote is to take a dwarf and go human killing. pick up any severed body parts that you find.

Even the cutest things can be endearing when on fire. ~ Cajoes
GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2008, 11:27:00 pm »

Since 38b you've been able to generate worlds in a number of sizes, the smallest of which is "pocket."  Pocket worlds generate in seconds and have a very small number of sites.

In my pocket world most of the goblins are dead, but those that survive are all legendary heros who grew strong from the blood of my adventurers.

You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2008, 12:29:00 am »

Small Sized World,  Elven Spearman,  Killing Harmless forest Animals and other elves!

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2008, 06:17:00 am »

Hi!

quote:
Originally posted by K4tz:
<STRONG>I vote fish hunting with a whip.

Just wondering, what actions are possible while swimming? I'm wondering whether shark wrestling is possible or not  :)</STRONG>

My experience is that combat while swimming is no different from normal combat if you have swimming skill. Of course, you are a bit slower, but everything else works just fine.

And I can't really confirm that carps are that murderous - at least once you are proficient with your sword and shield, even big schools of them are no problem.

I think, after throwing shield use is also highly imbalancing for the game. When fighting packs of wolves or schools of fish (if I am lucky enough for them not to swim away at top speed, those cowards!), I very often have three or four attacks per "turn" because I block all incoming attacks and then counterstrike.

I also found that normal goblin guards armed with bows or crossbows are not that nasty in adventure mode as it seemed (I haven't come across any legendary ranged fighter, though). An exceptional quality iron plate mail and a superior quality iron shield allowed me to block most arrows, and when one got through at my arm, it bounced off, harmlessly.

Thus, if you are into a light-hearted game, I strongly suggest to try all the things people consider really suicidal (fish hunting, unicorn hunting, elephant hunting, frontal attacks on goblin ranged weapon fighetrs,...) and see which ones actually work out.

Deathworks

Bricktop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2008, 09:29:00 am »

And don't fprget to gouge eyes... preferably a kings eyes if possible  :p

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2008, 01:35:00 pm »

So far, the vote leaders appear to be fish hunting and a small new world.

I'll get to it tomorrow.  Today has been a bit hectic, and it's already after midnight.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2008, 02:38:00 pm »

Eye gouging should be the signature move of this thread. I vote you try to eye goug everysingle person in one world without killing anyone. (if you made a new fortress would this make all traders and immigrants and seigers blind?)
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2008, 03:16:00 am »

No, the game just periodically spawns them at your fort, they aren't taken from existing creatures.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2008, 03:21:00 am »

Okay, I've got about seven threads that I'm supposed to be running with, so this has been getting a little dusty.  I'm downloading/installing the MA mod now, a new contender should be up in a little bit.

Gonna be making a lasher with a penchant for hunting fish, since that got the most votes (that I can see).  Like if Indiana Jones and Steve Irwin had a kid.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2008, 04:13:00 am »

You might want to redownload that mod...  ;)

Updated it to 1.5a, might make your adventures slightly more fun.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2008, 04:13:00 am »

And thus, a new contender has entered the arena!  Jadugarr, the Kentauri lasher, adjusts his two loincloths, and sets off towards the nearest source of fish!  Be thee afraid, gilled ones!

Starting his search in the aptly-named prairie of adventuring, Jadugarr makes his way towards a small river in search of his hated enemy.  The watery ones, gillnecks, those who swim the boundaries of worlds, princes of the waves, FISH.

Eventually making his way to the bank, Jadugarr takes a deep breath to steady himself, and then plunges into the water.

He spots a few shapes in the water upstream, and makes his way towards them, his hooves pumping through the water and his whip trailing behind him.

It had not occured to him until now that it may be slightly difficult to use a whip while underwater.  He pushes this useless thought from his mind, and continues swimming against the current towards his prey.

As he gets closer, he sees that it is a school of carp ahead of him, and in their mad dash to get away from him they are tangling themselves up and giving him the perfect opportunity to close the distance between hunter and hunted...

Finally, a straggler is left behind by the school, and comes within range.  Jadugarr feels his fury building, and his spirits being to soar.  His vengeance against fishkind shall finally be meted out on this day!  

A quick strike with his whip (well, maybe not quick.  Everything moves a bit slower underwater) and the bones in the frontal half of the carp are snapped like twigs, one of which punctures the fiend's heart.

With a burbling cry of triumph, Jadugarr sets off after the school again, leaving the first carp to die of internal bleeding.

After a bend in the river, Jadugarr is ambushed by a crafty sturgeon, and has several meaty chunks removed from his arm by the beast's sharp teeth, rendering his weapon arm useless.

With a bellow of rage, the massive man-horse misses the fish furiously, harming it not at all!

After two failed attempts at grabbing the creature, the sturgeon charges at him and bowls him over in the current!  The fish then stands on top of him in order to prevent his rising, and begins to nibble with burning rage at Jadugarr's flanks.

Finally, Jadugarr manages to successfully wrap his upper right arm around the creature's body, and throws it mightily to the riverbed in order to buy himself some time.

The sturgeon snaps fishiously at the kentaur's body and wriggles in an attempt to get away.

Jadugarr begins to stand up, when the sturgeon finally manages to release Jadugarr's grip!  Another quick charge and Jadugarr is thrown flat against the ground once more.  In response to this, he grabs the fish again.  In response to that, the fish breaks his grip again.

Now in a towering rage, Jadugarr stands up once more and sideste- eh, sideswims the fishy monster's charge!  The beast rushes by him and, apparently having caught on to Jadugarr's new determination, continues upstream to join up with his schoolmates.

Jadugarr knows that he has lost this fight, and clambers out of the river again, holding his shredded arm against his body.

He would retreat this time, to be sure.  But his revenge would come, and come soon.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37