Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37

Author Topic: Death and Glory!  (Read 58263 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Death and Glory!
« Reply #225 on: April 05, 2008, 04:57:00 am »

Well, I cleared out the clutter in data/objects, and things worked swimmingly.  Now I just need to work on getting a shield guy to last long enough to build up a reasonable amount of skill.

I've had three die already.  Two got ripped to shreds by wolves, the other one got a lucky hit from a disembowled panther who came out of its blackout long enough to mangle his heart.

This world has elves, dark elves and dwarves.  Plus all the Play Now!  options.  I've been using dwarves.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 06, 2008, 07:28:00 am »

I have decided that things will just be easier if I keep the Dwarf-ympics character separate from the story character.  And, I don't want to make two shield-specific characters, so say hello to

Líceyi ìleova, protector of the wilds.

Yes, I made an elven druid.  Hold onto you complaints for a moment though, he'll be entertaining enough for your needs, I think.

The very heart of the Divine Jungle had been threatened.  Goblins, humans and dwarves had all taken part in the wholesale destruction of the ancient woods, causing unfathomable damage to the sacred trees and the woodland creatures that dwelt within their shade.

The elves, caretakers of the wooded realm, had attempted negotiations with the raiding creatures, but all ears had proven deaf to elven speech.  The time for talk had ended, the time for action had come.

In times of dire need, the spirits of the forest would pick a champion to lead the charge against those who threatened the world-roots of the twelve sacred trees, and so they did now.  Líceyi, who as a child had always been more attuned to the slightly more savage aspects of nature, was picked by the forest.

In the years between that time and his coming of age, the spirits taught him the speech of animals and the sacred knowledge of the woodwalk, allowing him to commune with beasts and traverse the exceptionally wooded pathes of the deep forests with unusual ease.  Finally, at his age ceremony, he was presented with the ashen club which showed his position as wood-guardian, as well as some light armor provided by the trees with their own flesh.

Hoisting his club to the winds, he cried out vengeance against the fiends that had despoiled this land of life which had stood for ages before the lesser races had reached the age of reason.  Their blood would feed the ground, and from their bodies the black vines would grow as a warning against those foolish enough to attempt the same travesty.  From death, there is life.  From life, death.  The circle cannot be broken.

EDIT:  Speaking, learning and excitement-seeking animals + [AT_PEACE_WITH_WILDLIFE] = FUN.

[ April 06, 2008: Message edited by: Kagus ]

EDIT2:  Can't think of what to do right now, so I'll put up a vote.

Vote
A) Recruit followers in the forest. (here)
B) Recruit followers in the swamps.  (?)
C) Recruit followers in the desert.  (?)
D) Recruit followers in the hills.  (E/W)
E) Attack human town (NE).
F) Attack goblin/darkelven town (E).
G)*______

[ April 06, 2008: Message edited by: Kagus ]

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 06, 2008, 03:13:00 pm »

attack the humans! Once you come across a bowman slowly throw your gear at him one item at a time and see who dies first.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Lemnx

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding Cheese
    • View Profile
    • Lem_Nx
« Reply #228 on: April 06, 2008, 03:30:00 pm »

(G). After getting followers, rip the eyes out of every non-animal you can find.
..."I bumped Nist Akath and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 06, 2008, 11:45:00 pm »

Everybody.  Always.  Says.  Attack.

I was kinda hoping this guy could, y'know, live for a while?   Long enough to build up an army of wolves and bears and cougars?  And then storm a city with his army of the wild?

But, this is a vote.  As such, I must respect the tally, whatever it may be.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 06, 2008, 11:49:00 pm »

You did some modding of your own, it seems. That ain't part of the MA mod.  ;)
'Tis nice, but with the side effect of being able to talk to any non-hostile animal, even for, say, a human...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 06, 2008, 11:56:00 pm »

Aye, but only if humans had non-hostile animals who could talk.  

You see, you need to add the tags to each individual animal.  Common domestic animals were of course bypassed, but I added the tag to various ambushing predators in the forests and swamps.  

So the only time this would be coming up would be in fort mode, and only if you happened to buy one of those critters off of the elves.  Which I don't know if they'll do, due to the "higher creature" tags ([CAN_LEARN][CAN_SPEAK]).

I think I'm safe as it is.  Besides, how much fun is an elven druid if he can't actually have any animals fighting for him?  Sure, mangling someone's head with a demon rat is all well and fine, but that can only take you so far.  I need something bigger.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 07, 2008, 06:27:00 am »

I say B) Followers in the swamp.

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 07, 2008, 09:13:00 am »

Another vote for followers in the swamp!  The whole point of the character is to never lift a finger due to a coterie of viscious fauna.

Having a dozen hippos and crocs as followers should clear out a human town nice and fast!

In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

Will Skyfall

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 07, 2008, 01:47:00 pm »

One vote for whichever of A,B,C, or D is currently most ahead when you close the voting.  I want to see this snowball roll for a while . . .  :)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 07, 2008, 05:09:00 pm »

Swamp!  Get some hippo pets.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lemnx

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding Cheese
    • View Profile
    • Lem_Nx
« Reply #236 on: April 07, 2008, 05:54:00 pm »

To the swamp I change my vote! (But you need to at least finish your enemies by ripping out the right eye...)
..."I bumped Nist Akath and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"...

Vugor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 07, 2008, 06:15:00 pm »

i vote for the swamp

since i have yet to ever enter one myself in adv mode, or atleast explore one

Lord_Frodo

• Bay Watcher
  • The crazy in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 07, 2008, 06:19:00 pm »

To the swamps I say.
These humans have despoiled the forests for long enough.
Even the cutest things can be endearing when on fire. ~ Cajoes
GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 07, 2008, 10:36:00 pm »

Hippos may be a bit difficult to come by, since they lack the [LARGE_PREDATOR] tag, and thus won't ambush me...  I can try a bit of mucking around with the raws and see what I pop up, though.  I hope it's one of those changes that can come into play post-worldgen...

However, this doesn't change the fact that "(?)" means that I have no idea where it is, or even if there is one nearby.  Might be a while before I find a swamp to go trudging around in.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37