Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37

Author Topic: Death and Glory!  (Read 58252 times)

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.playingdeadcomic.com
Re: Death and Glory!
« Reply #135 on: March 14, 2008, 01:41:00 pm »

Alright, I'm putting in a wager!

One +ratman skull totem+ from Nokzamoslan says he gets one or more limbs torn off before biting it by way of Fish.

DoctrZombie has been happy lately. He admired a masterwork poorly drawn webcomic lately.He wrote about a community fortress recently.

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #136 on: March 15, 2008, 02:20:00 pm »

Thread Dwarf cancels Death:  Interrupted by Glory.
Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2008, 01:38:00 am »

Heh, sorry.  I started to play it again, forgot that I hadn't removed the [FLIER] tag from kentaurs, and then just started goofing off instead of actually fixing it.  I'd fly up as high as I could, and then use the "lie down" command, which automatically stops you from flying.  I used this to pummel myself into the ground several times (damn...  Jadugarr is one tough horse...).  It took him about five tries at a five to six z-level drop before he died.

I'll get around to actually updating later on today.  I'll also see if anything happens to the Woodsman, so there might be an update there as well.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2008, 05:26:00 am »

Jadugarr crashed into the frothing water below, small rocks cutting into his flesh as he rolled around in the powerful current.  Once he had stabilized himself, he put a hand to the newly-opened gash in his left ear and set off down the river.  He would have his quarry in sight soon enough...

After a time of swimming down the river, he came across a fork with one end leading northeast, and the other southwest.

He started to consider the options presented to him, when a moving shape caught his eye down the southwest fork.   Even from this distance, Jadugarr could recognize the smooth and deadly movements of the pike as it picked up on the tremors Jadugarr was sending through the water.  His choice of direction, it seemed, had already been chosen.

Jadugarr made his way towards the side of the river, when he noticed that there was no bank to climb up.  He was in a ravine, carved out by the ageless flowing of this river.  He was trapped inside the slick, wet walls of this river's course.

Alright then, he thought to himself, and then began to pump his massive legs through the water, taking him closer to the fish in an oddly graceful water-gallop.  Jadugarr tightened the grip on his whip, and let the current help to push him closer to his prey...

After a long time spent chasing the errant pike through the water, there it was...  The school.

A roiling mass of pikes and longnose gars were downriver just a short distance, crashing into each other in their bid to get away from the whip-slinging kentaur.  Oh, you better swim, 'cause I'm not stopping by for a friendly chat..., Jadugarr thought to himself as a broad grin spread across his likewise broad face.

Brook lampreys broke off from the group and charged at Jadugarr in a desperate attempt to slow him down, but with skillful flicks of his whip they were left as torn carcasses, their blood welling up and following Jadugarr down the river, providing him with a dark cloud from which the horse-man galloped in front of, a harbinger of blood and death for all of fishkind.  The school was in a frenzy now, pushing all the muscles in their cruel bodies to their hardest as the fishslayer charged on behind them, bubble belching forth from his mouth as he attempted to bellow his laugh underwater.

But the school continued to move along, outpacing their hoofed doom.  Jadugarr let out a cry of fury, and then realized that the walls of water-smmothed rock were no longer about him.  The river had let out into a plain, allowing him to use his superior running speed against the fish.

After a few, dreadful, pounding moments of pursuit as Jadugarr raced his dripping frame along the riverside, occasionally clambering up small hills as they presented themselves, Jadugarr saw his opportunity.  He was  ahead of the school now, although their lidless eyes had not yet picked up on that in their crazed rush to get away from him.

Thoughts of glorious bloodletting coursing through his mind, Jadugarr plunged into the river again.

The longnose gar that had been leading the fray struck out at Jadugarr, but soon found he was looking at his right eye floating downstream, and that his side had been torn open by the horse-man's vicious lashings.

At this, the school had immediately turned around and started back upstream, going just as fast as they had been going in the other direction.  And so, Jadugarr, ever the vigilant hero (if somewhat full of meat between the ears), clambered back out onto dry land and charged after the school.

This odd ballet continued for some time, Jadugarr climbing out of the water, running north for a ways, jumping back into the water, and then finally emerging again to rush off in the other direction.

As the sun began to climb towards its zenith, the rays were bouncing off of a river that had been coated in a thick, slimy layer of fish blood.  Jadugarr, a dark red color from head to haunches, strode proudly out of the river, shook some of the bloody water out of his mane, and then began walking again.  There were some survivors, true.  Those who were too fast or who had split off in a different direction from the rest of the crowd.  But Jadugarr had the scent of pike entrails and gar vomit in his nostrils, and he knew that he had slain many of his cowardly foes.

But Jadugarr had seen that he would no longer gain vengeance from these puny creatures.  His true quarry lay to the south, the gaping womb from which all fishkind were spawned.  The sounds of the ocean had started to drift to him now, the raucous screeching of gulls and the thunder of crashing waves brought to him on cool currents that bore the slightest whiff of salt, as well as the promise of his true destiny.

It's not much, but it's what I've got.  I need to find something that doesn't have that damned [BENIGN] tag on it.  I'm tired of running after those damned fish...

[ March 16, 2008: Message edited by: Kagus ]

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 16, 2008, 10:08:00 am »

Sea serpent? Sharks? Go find an ocean.  ;)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 16, 2008, 12:19:00 pm »

a sea serpent would probably the best choice

but they are even rarer than zombie whales

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2008, 01:06:00 pm »

DEMON TUNA!!!

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2008, 01:55:00 pm »

you know how you said you sent those dwarfs to attack the gobs by modding it... how did you do that (like my names says I'm a noob)
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 16, 2008, 06:27:00 pm »

I dislike the term noob, as it means senseless and annoying idiot. I think you better qualify as a newb, someone lacking in knowledge and experience. You shouldnt have called yourself a noob/newb anyway!

I bet another Large   on death by drowning, maybe a dozen platinum statues too.

Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 16, 2008, 07:04:00 pm »

what should have I called my self???

I bet the demon that rules the goblins will kill him

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 16, 2008, 07:07:00 pm »

sorry didn't read the last few pages...  :(

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 16, 2008, 07:23:00 pm »

If it were up to me I would call you Lordus Newbis, with the title of Grand Newbanister. Also throw in a years supply of plump helmets for my bet.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #147 on: March 16, 2008, 08:50:00 pm »

i'm betting a backpack full of vomit he gets torn apart by a pack of wolves on his way to the ocean

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 17, 2008, 06:10:00 am »

I bet 3, yes 3, Large on death by whale! and a Bronze colossus statue with a ¤«wolf skull totem»¤  for kicks

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 17, 2008, 02:47:00 pm »

I'm changing my bet to reaching the ocean, and unable to find a slope down to the beach, jumps down a single z-level and pierces his heart.

The stake is xcarp meatx

In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37