Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32

Author Topic: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)  (Read 19226 times)

AlmostEverywhere

• Bay Watcher
  • Store item in stockpile
    • View Profile
Re: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2008, 01:06:00 pm »

If I've read this right, there's still an unassigned female soldier.  Can I have her?  Name her Bappsie, and she's so frustrated over the lack of iron that she'll ask for a wooden shield.  She'll hit baddies twice as hard with it, since she hates the wood as much as she hates the cave dwellers.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2008, 05:30:00 pm »

I think traps might work on residents now- the fix was related to the bug that caused merchants to trigger traps, I believe.  I'm not 100% sure though.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2008, 05:35:00 pm »

From Leo's Journal

I grudgingly agreed to help dig STRAIGHT INTO THE CAVE! Are we just trying to get killed?

(Please make Leo a little more disagreeable in the dialogue and posts)

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2008, 08:42:00 pm »

@DoctrZombie: Added to the list

I'll try the traps then, a tame resident hydra would be cool.

@AlmostEverywhere: the dwarf's yours

If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2008, 08:53:00 pm »

10th Obsidian, 1051
Durien's log
I have spoken to Imp about trapping the hydra, and she seems to think it may be possible, though she was quick to say it would be difficult.  However, the attempt can wait until after the cave denizens have been dealt with, unless the beast decides it wants dwarf for lunch.
Imp and Leo have been taking turns in the cave access shaft, approaching our goal.  But barely a hundred feet (by their calculations) from breaching the wall, Leo has thrown his pick down and flatly refused to dig any further, saying its a suicide mission and he will not take part in it.  I spent several hours reasoning with him, but the only digging he is willing to do is in breaching the aquifer, a task that is almost complete.  Imp will have to complete the accessway by herself, news that I am not sure she will appreciate and I will not like telling her.  I will ask her not to breach the wall until the military is in position, to help minimize the danger.
I also spoke to one of the soldiers today, the one I had not met before, Bappsie.  She wants iron armor, as do we all, but is willing to settle for a wooden shield in the interim.  I am surprised I had not thought of it before and will use some of the wood for the task.  She seems to be a fairly reasonable dwarf, and Nosey and Halfman have both spoken well of her training ethic.  Indeed, I find myself fortunate in all three members of our little military as they seem both dedicated and capable.

[ February 28, 2008: Message edited by: Dame de la Licorne ]

If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2008, 09:06:00 pm »

(Thanks)

From Leo's Journal

I will not help those fools dig straight into the cave, full of beasts and monsters. I am only mining safe inside, with the aquifer.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2008, 09:38:00 pm »

16th Obsidian, 1051
Rice was hauling some cinnabar to build the bridge at the entrance when she was stopped by a dwarf she had not met before.  "Oooh, are you building that bridge?"
"Yes." She replied.
The unfamiliar dwarf struck her left shoulder with her right fist, in the dwarven greeting.  "I'm T'Malia.  Can I help you with that?"
"Help with what?"  Rice asked, puzzled.  The stone she was carrying wasn't that heavy, and there was nothing else that she could imagine that this peasant could help with.
"Building the bridge of course.  I want to train as an architect, among other things."
Rice frowned, "I wasn't informed that anyone else was to do the architectural jobs.  I'm the fort's architect, and Durien asked me to build this bridge."
T'Malia smiled brightly.  "That's why I want you to teach me.  I'm willing to learn and do whatever tasks you set me to do, and anyway, two dwarves capable of doing a job are better than one right?  Although I would need to work it around the fields, for Durien has assigned me there for the time being."
Rice was agreeable, for an extra pair of hands would speed things up considerably.  She began T'Malia's lessons that same day.

Edit: typo

[ March 01, 2008: Message edited by: Dame de la Licorne ]

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2008, 09:58:00 pm »

22nd Obsidian, 1051
Durien's log
Imp has reported that the accessway is complete, with only the barest handspan of soil between us and the cave interior.  All is in readiness for the assault and I have informed our soldiers.  When they are ready, they will descend to the break-through area, and Imp will remove the remaining bit wall to allow them access.  Imp has requested permission to join the assault, and as miners often make the best fighters, I believe I may let her unless there are convincing arguments to the contrary.

[OOC: I should note that Imp is now a legendary miner.]

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2008, 10:06:00 pm »

26th Obsidian, 1051
Durien's log
It is done.  Imp broke down the wall this morning, and the four dwarves have vanished into the cave.  There were some screams swiftly silenced, though not dwarven I am thankful to say, and nothing since.  The waiting is hardest on those of us left behind.  I have asked Grekk, as our only other dwarf with any military training, to guard the accessway and inform me at once if there is a problem.  I have now done all I can, and can only hope that Imp's analysis of the situation was correct and that I have not sent our friends to their deaths.

Halfman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2008, 10:09:00 pm »

Entry #1 Diary of Halfman

Well diary... I've had you for a while now, but I haven't really done anything noteworthy so far. I figured I had better start writing any way. Being a soldier around here I don't know how long I'm going last. I'll be asking Durien to send you to my Mother should anything to me, as well as sending her a letter of how I died. She won't like the letters I sent her. She always wanted me to get a nice quiet job working the fields. I just want my Dad to be proud off me, Rest his soul. On the up note Nosey (he is a fellow who we found on our travel here) got drunk the other night and started telling us stories. Something about how he used to be captain of the guards at a place called Cursemountain. I'm starting to think he's off his rocker. When we found him he was half broken and looked like he was waiting to die. Although he's livened up a bit now. Anyway i need to get back to training... Maybe I'll be able to impress that girl T'Malia if i bring her a few goblin heads...

Well for having nothing to talk about i sure do blab on a bit... I'll try to remember to write in you more often.

Halfman

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2008, 10:15:00 pm »

Rice's Journal

Well Durien decided to send me a pair of hands for the bridge. It was nice to talk to someone while working especially someone wanting to learn about architecture, but I feel like I haven't been doing enough lately. Mostly it's just hauling stones, when really I want to be shaping the stone. And now with someone wanting to help with the building designing it means less work for me. Oh well I suppose kicking back and enjoying booze more often isn't a problem.

Halfman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2008, 10:17:00 pm »

Entry #2 Diary of Halfman

HaHa diary... Looks like I'll be putting my skills to the test sooner than I thought. Durien came up with a plan to breach the cave from the inside. Hopefully that way we can avoid the hydra outside. I don't think there are any goblins in there, but maybe T'malia would like a new spider silk jacket. I'll have to be careful though. I don't think I'm as prepared as i should be. But nosey will be by my side, and hes had all that "training" from Cursemountain so he confident we will be ok. Me, I'm planning on having to watch both our backs.

Well diary i plan on writing more as soon as the operation is over. Hopefully none of us will get hurt.

Halfman

Halfman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2008, 10:18:00 pm »

Entry #3 Diary of Halfman

Well diary... Today is the day. Wish me luck.

I'll write in you as soon as I'm out

Halfman

Nos3y

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2008, 10:23:00 pm »

Nosey's scribbles on the walls of his room:

Glory for Cursemountains, Glory for Battlewinds, May our enemies deaths be long and painful, and our victory be swift and glorious!

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2008, 10:28:00 pm »

1st Granite, 1052
Durien's log
One year into exile.  It seems so long, and yet so short a time.  Our soldiers are still in the cave, but I suppose no news is good news, and at least our enemies have not attempted to pass Grekk.  
I have not checked our supplies in a few months, and I have just realized that we have a problem.  We have barely any food left, even with T'Malia working the fields, and no alcohol.  At least we have water, so will not go thirsty, but I must find out why Systar has not brewed any more alcohol.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32