Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]

Author Topic: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)  (Read 19215 times)

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
Re: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)
« Reply #465 on: June 29, 2008, 07:59:20 am »

9th Granite, 1056
Durien's log
Today I realized that most of our clothing and other cloth items are rope reed and cave spider silk.  This will not do and so I have mandated the fabrication of three pig tail items.  I am sure that our clothiers will be able to find pig tail somewhere, even though my accounting indicates that we have none in the fort.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 29, 2008, 07:59:49 am »

10th Granite, 1056
Durien's log
Grekk has begun acting peculiarly secretive and has kicked Dogar out of his forge.  When Dogar mentioned the matter to me, I told him to use Grekk's forge until she has finished.  Hopefully it won't take too long.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 29, 2008, 08:00:15 am »

19th Granite, 1056
Durien's log
Well, the thrice-blasted elves have returned, to my...disappointment.  They remarked on our war spiders chained at the entrance saying, "I see you have seen the light, noble dwarves.  You have realized that those gentle creatures do not deserve to die."  Hah!  Gentle my foot!  But their lack of reasonable fear does prove beyond any doubt that: The Elves Are CRAZY!  Any self-respecting dwarf would be, at the very least, uneasy at passing so close to unknown spiders.  After all, how can they be sure that they are tame?  But elves?  Pah!  They wouldn't know danger if it came up and killed them!  And I must now trade with the creatures.  Oh, well.  Perhaps they might break with tradition and actually bring some pig tail, instead of the ubiquitous rope reed?  Hmm, I must go and see, though I don't have much hope.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]