Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32

Author Topic: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)  (Read 19216 times)

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
Re: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)
« Reply #435 on: March 16, 2008, 09:31:00 am »

17th Moonstone, 1055
Durien's log
It seems that Aban has given birth to two spiderlings, according to Kogan, her owner.  Irwin can't wait to get his hands on them for training.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 16, 2008, 10:10:00 am »

Akroma's log

This spider pet has given birth to two small ones. I can't wait to get my hands on them for experiments.

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

AlmostEverywhere

• Bay Watcher
  • Store item in stockpile
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 16, 2008, 11:46:00 am »

From Whappsie's Diary-

It seems Akroma's been up to no good all along!  Durien's been looking into what he's been doing, and didn't like what he saw.  After a long talk with Halfman, he convinced me to come forward and tell Durien about how Akroma was looking for body parts and hydra blood.  I don't feel right, turning on Akroma this way, but Halfman is really good at talking me into things.  In fact, he said I should try to go "undercover" to figure out what Akroma's up to.  I don't know if it's right, but for Halfman I'd face down an army of Giant Cave Spiders bare-handed.
 I'm going to pretend to be interested in his work, admiring and adoring even.  I'll offer to bring him the extra vial of hydra's blood I've been keeping, as well as fresh body parts from the recent goblin ambush, in exchange for being allowed to help him in his lab.  I'll keep providing parts and captives from battles, but at the same time poke around and try to figure out what he's doing.

Of course, I don't know if this will work.  It's up to Akroma, and whether or not he'll accept me as an assistant.

(OOC:  If Akroma accepts Whappsie as an assistant, she should be assigned to patrol in/around his lab.)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 16, 2008, 11:50:00 am »

[OOC] Dammit, I knew that spider was going to be female.  Heh heh, even when I pick an animal in a community fort, I end up as a female...

Sorry I haven't been writing more entries in the research paper.  It just hasn't been a very high priority for me as of late.[/OOC]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 16, 2008, 11:55:00 am »

Akroma's log

Foot prints.
They are all around the cave. I can guess I am lukcy that this cave is a maze, else I would have been found long ago. I fear my research is no longer save, so I burned the original papers, and instead crypted the text in a way that only dwarves with a brain, unlike most of what walks down these halls will be able to know what it is about. Also I will, of course, keep an eye and an ear open for intruders. I have to know which curious nose I should cut off.

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Godwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.slaythedwarves.org
« Reply #440 on: March 16, 2008, 06:45:00 pm »

Svenge's Log

I've decided to start a log, just so I has something to talk to. It feels like I'm in the background all the time, while everyone else is off on some adventure or something. Can you believe none of them even knew my name? Well, I'll make myself known. I'll throw myself at a whole army of goblins if it means I can get some recognition! With me hammer at me side, I'd run straight into their numbers, swinging left and right, then I'd see their leader, staring at me with eyes of charcoal, then I'd... die, most likely... Hmm, I might need to rethink this...

Ed-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://heiteinah.deviantart.com
« Reply #441 on: March 16, 2008, 08:56:00 pm »

Reinhold's Diary:

Today i was ambushed by goblins. I was lucky they had no bows, or i'd be done for. I ran towards the fortress because i knew it's the best thing to do, leave it to the military.

Seeying goblins fly is trully relaxing to our dwarven hearts!

quot;''Mike Haggar'' Jaritek let out a sinister laughter! ''Mike Haggar'' has began a mysterious construction! [Several slaughtered goblins later] ''Mike Haggar'' has created Murrdusk, a Goblin Blood Pond. The Pond Menaces with skulls of Goblins and is hi

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 17, 2008, 08:56:00 am »

Irwin's Log, 20th Moonstone

I received a letter from my sister today. She seemed to be well, if frustrated. Apparently bronze colossi are not tamable, as some of the early texts that our father wrote indicated, and the leader of the mountain hall she traveled too has decided that abandoning the location would be safer for the inhabitants than facing down an onroaching horde of sixty or so goblin warriors.

My return letter I filled with pity and consolations for her condition, while in secret I feel a sigh of relief and exasperation. There is no chance that I can borrow enough money from her to buy my way free of this location now, and she spoke of possibly vising me in the next trade caravan.

I hate to say it, but I feel frustrated that father refined the techniques for training Giant Cave Spiders so well and spread the knowledge to the other dungeon masters. Especially considering Aban recently gave birth to two spiderlings.

Oh well, at least I am able to keep myself fairly busy as the time goes by. I suppose while I wait for the two young spiders to mature I will continue to melt down the iron armor left by the goblin ambushers and smelt it into iron. I've got little else to do. Perhaps I should ask Durien if he wants anything else done.

In fact, I think I'll go talk to him now. I AM rather bored. Bored enough to write a log entry anyway...

Scrub's Diary 21st Moonstone

I had lunch with young Thob Mistemokir and his father Ingriz today, although the two of them are still highly depressed about the loss of Baer I think I may have been able to cheer the two of them up with a few stories of my last home, omitting, of course, the circumstances of why I left. Indeed, I have always felt comfortable with the Mistemokir family and although I did not know Baer as well as I could have, I still feel their pain when they talk about how things used to be with her. If I have a friend and true ally in this desolate place, it would be Thob and his father.

And now, more than ever, I feel like I need an ally. Things have been happening around Nokzamoslan, dangerous things. Reinhold was ambushed last week, hardly escaping from the blades of the goblins that attacked her. Akroma has disappeared again. In the one glance I had of him in his workshop he seemed angry at something, angry enough to smash an imperfectly cut gem into tiny pieces with his bare fist. What's particular is that he didn't seem to mind the injury, and the next day he showed no injury at breakfast in the dining hall. Indeed, if I had not seen it with my own eyes I would doubt it's validity.

I spent a little time talking with Ingriz about what was going on, out of earshot of Thob, and I think I convinced him to join me in watching Akroma. In particular, who the mad dwarf associates with. In exchange I promised to help him with Thob's schooling, and possibly to put a word for the young man in with Durien. Although we hardly had more than passing conversations before now, I feel that the two of us have an understanding that few dwarves have. Either that, or he just trusts me.

Too much, I think.

I think tonight I'll invite Durien and Halfman to a picnic dinner, with an open invitation to bring guests. I managed to wheedle a giant brown spider roast and a few sweet pod seed biscuits from the kitchen, all I need is a copious amount of some wine and the meal will be perfect. Right near the cliff of the mountain, under the bright stars. It will be an irresistible offer for the two of them. With any luck, I'll be able to convince Durien to assign the youth to bookkeeping when he grows up.

With any luck...

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 17, 2008, 09:44:00 am »

20th Moonstone, 1055
Durien's log
With the recent goblin issues, I've had to put my investigations on hold, but now that things have calmed back down, I can resume.  Scrubs spoke to me yesterday about assigning young Thob to bookkeeping, now that he is old enough to contribute in a useful way to the fort.  After giving it some thought, perhaps more than required, I have agreed to the assignment, as it will free me up for more important things, such as the Akroma mystery.  Scrubs also invited Halfman and I to a picnic, but I sadly I had to refuse.  Things are not safe enough for the two of us to both be away from the fort proper.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 18, 2008, 08:43:00 am »

Unfortunately I seem to have come down with the flu, somehow, so this is on hiatus until further notice.

N35t0r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 18, 2008, 08:58:00 pm »

Hope you get well soon. I can send you some of my antibodies if you like, they seem to kill everything.

Also:  W00t!  I'm without internet for two weeks and when I come back I'm off the fields, with a successful fey mood, a siege workshop built and in use.

I just hope I'm doing nothing but hurling stones at trees and building siege engine parts...

Could you post my relations list (though it looks like it won't be very long, unless I've been befriending the wrong people) and my stats please?

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 19, 2008, 12:14:27 pm »

Ok, it's been several months since I've worked on this, life and school got in the way.  Is anyone interested in my continuing the fort?  I still have it.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 19, 2008, 12:16:04 pm »

not very interested

too many stories to keep track of already

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 19, 2008, 04:56:10 pm »

I'd like to see this one again, if only because it contained my first - and only - truly badass dwarf.
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 20, 2008, 01:38:00 pm »

Alright, one for, one against.  Guess I'm the tie-breaker, so expect an update some time tomorrow.  :)

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32