Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32

Author Topic: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)  (Read 19221 times)

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
Re: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)
« Reply #420 on: March 11, 2008, 06:03:00 pm »

13th Timber, 1055
Durien's log
The inspired dwarf has made an earring.  Out of native copper and it is worth 73,200*.  He has included on the earring decorations and spikes made of copper, prase opal, green glass, bone, zinc, pig iron, and claro opal.  In fact, there are so many decorations that you can barely make out the earring underneath.  I don't think any dwarf will want it, considering the placement of the spikes.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 12, 2008, 08:21:00 am »

25th Timber, 1055
Durien's log
I want to know what that Akroma is up to.  He's been acting odd ever since he arrived, disappearing for days at a time.  And this morning, one of the war dogs was sniffing him in a very interested fashion, which Akroma didn't seem to appreciate.  In fact, I think I saw some scales on his arm as his sleeve rode up when he pushed the dog away.  This requires investigation.

[ March 12, 2008: Message edited by: Dame de la Licorne ]

If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 12, 2008, 08:36:00 am »

Akroma's log

Nothing can stop me now. Once I added the final touches I will be praised. Worshipped even.
All that is left is writting it all down.

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Ed-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://heiteinah.deviantart.com
« Reply #423 on: March 12, 2008, 08:59:00 am »

Reinhold's diary entry:

Things have been quiet as of lately. Ambushes, a few attempts at baby snacthing by those goblins and stealing done by the kobolds, but, our guards are holding on their own, and unfortunenaly, we're having a few losses.

We have a Champion, and i hope Halfman won't be the only one to be it.

quot;''Mike Haggar'' Jaritek let out a sinister laughter! ''Mike Haggar'' has began a mysterious construction! [Several slaughtered goblins later] ''Mike Haggar'' has created Murrdusk, a Goblin Blood Pond. The Pond Menaces with skulls of Goblins and is hi

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 12, 2008, 11:53:00 am »

28th Timber, 1055
Durien's log
I decided to begin my investigation with the soldiers.  As they are often out on patrol, perhaps they have information that could provide a clue to Akroma's activities.  It took a couple of days, but my efforts have already been rewarded.  Whappsie came to me, with Halfman, to tell me of Akroma's request for hydra blood.  Whatever he is up to, it can only be nefarious to require such an ingredient.  I shall continue asking questions, with Halfman's help, and we will do our best to be discreet.  It would not do for Akroma to learn of our suspicions.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 12, 2008, 12:22:00 pm »

Akroma's log

With the completion of my lifetime goal, I feel myself bored quite often. Maybe I could use the absolute pineacle of dwarven science for something humoerous ?
Like, maybe I should go and put some wings on a rat, and let it roam free in the dining hall ?
It will bve a sight for the gods.

On a side note, my arm has gotten very very itchy. I mindlessly scratched it so hard and long that I had lots of blood under my fingernails.

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 12, 2008, 01:19:00 pm »

Scrub's Diary:

23rd Sandstone

Finally, a chance to get myself free of work. Durien has ordered all of the planters in the fortress to cease hauling and insisted that they focus on growing us a fresh supply of plants. I was able to convince one of the younger planters, I didn't catch his name but he seemed like a bright lad, to trade my hauling duties for the the next few days in exchange for his share of planting the fields.

I have no real intention of finishing all of his work (not that any of the planters seems to mind or notice that he is gone. Their records seem to be reilitivly lax compared to the furnaces.), rather, I will use this time to follow Whappsie and Akroma's actions as closly as dwarvenly possible. Either way, my work will be done and I will get to the bottom of this mystery.

27th Timber
Whappsie chased halfway though the fotress today after spotting me following her. Screaming something about stealing a diary. I have no clue what she was talking about but after escaping I felt it was prudent to avoid bothering her for the time being. Besides, she really hasn't done anything strange since the day Stredac died.

I think she found whatever she was screaming about a short time after my stunning escape. She hasn't apologised yet though.

29th Timber

Fire and Carp! Akroma has been hiding out in the cave!I was able to follow him today when he was leaving the fortress. I'm relitivly certain he did not spot me. I do not know why he has been going out there (I wonder if he's been sleeping in there, on the cold... muddy ground. The very though makes me shudder in disgust) but following him in the labyrinthine passages would be impossible at a distance, and I don't trust myself to hide well enough to keep sight of him.

I have no idea what to do about this. Going to Durien is out of the question, he has been insanely busy with a project of his own this last month and I don't dare inturrupt it. I would talk with Halfman, but he is Whappsie's lover and I fear that he might have a few fists to say to me after the incident a few days ago.I have returned to the fortress for now, at a loss at what to do.

[ March 17, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 12, 2008, 07:34:00 pm »

I have an exam tomorrow, so the next update will probably be tomorrow evening sometime.  Sorry folks.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 13, 2008, 04:39:00 pm »

5th Moonstone, 1055
Durien's log
The investigations continue, but no more dwarves have come forward with any information.  I shall attempt to keep an eye on Akroma, but it will be difficult to do so without raising suspicion.  I shall speak to Halfman about perhaps assigning some soldiers to also keep an eye him.  With any luck, we shall get to the bottom of this before dwarven blood is shed.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 14, 2008, 05:27:00 pm »

Bumping this.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 15, 2008, 01:45:00 am »

What, do you expect Ziriltharnas to have something to say about Akroma? She's too busy panicking from the Kobolds after her soul to track the movements of a crazy dwarf  ;)
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Godwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.slaythedwarves.org
« Reply #431 on: March 15, 2008, 03:32:00 am »

Excuse me, but would it be fine if I were to claim a male dwarf by the name of "Svenge", with the profession of Hammerdwarf?

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 15, 2008, 09:13:00 am »

@Kogan: Ziriltharnas is a bit too busy to notice anyone being sneaky, so I don't expect her to help in the investigation.

@Godwin: Here's your dwarf.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 15, 2008, 09:31:00 am »

10th Moonstone, 1055
Durien's log
One of the planters came to my office today, to discuss the fort situation.  Or, more precisely, to complain about it.  It seems she has been disturbed by the work going on, the "constant" miasmas, not having a proper room and being forced to sleep on the ground, and she hates going outside.  I pointed out that if she wanted to avoid the miasma, she shouldn't constantly haul things to the refuse pile, but she didn't admit that logic, simply changing the subject to the constant work.  To give myself time to come up with an answer, I deferred her with the excuse that I had to harvest plants.  She followed me, still complaining.  I believe I'll finish this meeting tomorrow, or maybe the next day, whenever I have nothing better to do.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 16, 2008, 09:29:00 am »

16th Moonstone, 1055
Durien's log
Reinhold walked straight into a goblin ambush this afternoon.  Luckily, she kept her head and ran back towards the fort.  The hammerdwarf squad was the closest, and raced to her rescue.  The dwarf Svenge reached the goblins first, and for the next few minutes it seems he was surrounded by flying goblins.  Our military is becoming a force to be reckoned with, and I know Halfman can hardly wait to test it against a goblin siege.  Six ambushers are child's play now.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32