Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 32

Author Topic: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)  (Read 19219 times)

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
Re: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)
« Reply #405 on: March 09, 2008, 07:41:00 pm »

12th Galena, 1055
Durien's log
I have been adopted by one of the cats that wander this fort, and I have named her Kib.  She is a sweet companion, except for her habit of dropping cave spider corpses at my feet.  I could handle anything except cave spiders.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 09, 2008, 07:44:00 pm »

14th Galena, 1055
Durien's log
Nokzamoslan has gotten so big, that I can no longer keep up with the daily happenings.  And so I have assigned one of the peasants to the task of bookkeeping, to free up my time for the other tasks that I, as mayor, must perform.  Chief among those tasks is finding out what the hold up is on my pig tail item mandate.  It has been several months since I signed the work order, and I have not yet received the completed product.  This is strange, it didn't take this long for the others.  Perhaps I should go down to the clothiers and break a few heads....
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 10, 2008, 02:29:00 am »

Akroma's log

Due to the inability of the local militia to ensure the safety of our people, I had sustained minor injury while fighting a few goblins.
Eventhough they are only minor, and will heal in a breeze, I used thisopportunity to test the first steps of refining the hydra blood on myself.
The healing process was incruciatingly painful, and I am sure if it wasn't for the long labyrinth of a cave around me, the whole town would have been woken.
The wound is healed, however there are still a few tiny scales that formed themselves. They are much smaller than last time, so I believe I am on the right way. I shall test more substances on that matter. For now all I have to worry about is concealing the scales.

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 10, 2008, 08:28:00 am »

11th Limestone, 1055
Durien's log
The dwarven caravan has returned, bearing food and drink, as well as flux stones.  We shall dine well tonight.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 10, 2008, 08:29:00 am »

21st Limestone, 1055
Durien's log
Kalen came upon a kobold thief, as she was hauling things from beyond our walls.  Of course she killed it at once, and at least the creatures can no longer sneak into our fort unobserved.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 10, 2008, 11:28:00 am »

(Ziriltharnas's Notes)
21st Limestone, 1055
Just when I thought my soul was safe, another kobold shows up! Curse the day they ever got a hold on my socks! At least Kalen was ready and killed it before it could find me. Perhaps by now they think I've moved on? Maybe that's just wishful thinking. I must remember to personally thank Durien for his very intensive security!
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 10, 2008, 11:53:00 am »

Kalen's Log.
21st Limestone, 1055.
Found a kobold thief trying ta steal something. Broke its arm in three places and poked out its eye. Then I snapped its neck. That felt good.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 10, 2008, 02:11:00 pm »

4th Sandstone, 1055
Durien came stomping down to the craftshops.  "Where's my pig tail item?  Ye've had six months, where is it?"  He demanded.
The craftsdwarves looked at each other, and the bravest replied, "We don't have any pig tail cloth.  I swear, Durien, as soon as we get some, we'll make ye the finest pig tail item ever made."
"Eh?  I want it now!  And since I don't have it, ye'll pay the price.  Halfman!"
"Sir?"
"Throw that dwarf in jail."
"May I ask what his crime is?"
"Violation of a production order!  He's refused to make me a pig tail item."
"Alrigh'."  Halfman seized the unlucky dwarf and headed toward the jail.
"M-m-me?  But I don't have any training as a clothier!  Tha's not fair!  I work with stone!"  The poor dwarf kept protesting the entire way to his new temporary quarters.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 10, 2008, 02:21:00 pm »

10th Sandstone, 1055
Durien's log
After meeting with our liaison Thob, I have decided to impose a ban on copper items.  It seems the Baron has informed Thob that he wants copper weapons in our next shipment to the mountainhomes, and it will give me great pleasure to be able to thwart his desires.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 10, 2008, 02:44:00 pm »

20th Sandstone, 1055
Durien's log
I called for a celebration today, because Halfman has become a true battle-hardened champion.  His constant sparring sessions, when he's not out fighting real battles, have more than paid off.

Ed-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://heiteinah.deviantart.com
« Reply #415 on: March 10, 2008, 02:59:00 pm »

Reinhold's Notes:

Finally, a mountain-hall i may call home.

I feel safe here. I want to die here.

I want to mark my name here, with a masterpiece.

quot;''Mike Haggar'' Jaritek let out a sinister laughter! ''Mike Haggar'' has began a mysterious construction! [Several slaughtered goblins later] ''Mike Haggar'' has created Murrdusk, a Goblin Blood Pond. The Pond Menaces with skulls of Goblins and is hi

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 10, 2008, 07:16:00 pm »

22nd Sandstone, 1055
Durien's log
I went to the food stockpile today for my meal, and was shocked to find three pieces of meat and no plants left!  Not even a plump helmet!  I promptly went to find the planters to investigate this, and what did I find them doing?  Drinking?  Understandable, but no.  Eating?  Of course not.  Sleeping?  Not these dwarves!  No, they were hauling things.  Specifically, unimportant items that either needed to be dumped or stored in bins.  I yelled at them for almost an hour, and then sent them scurrying back to their fields.  They will do nothing else but work the crops until our food supplies are back up again.  I also designated the tanner as our butcher, and ordered her to slaughter some animals for fresh meat.  I trust we will not have to resort to vermin-hunting.

AlmostEverywhere

• Bay Watcher
  • Store item in stockpile
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 10, 2008, 07:21:00 pm »

From Whappsie's Diary:

I've been reading through Bappsie's diary, trying to figure out where she hid the sapphire before she died, but it's been slow going.  She only left little clues, and her handwriting takes a while to decipher.

Halfman's a Champion!  I'm very proud of him, although to me he'll always be my huggy-bear.

Speaking of hugs, I wonder if there's any spare dogs around these days?  I'm going to go talk to Durien about getting another one assigned to me.  They're just so cute!

(OOC: In fact, just assume that Whappsie will continue to ask Durien for an additional dog every year or so.  How Durien wants to handle these requests, especially if she ends up with 10 dogs following her around, is up to him.  But if she doesn't get her dog, Halfman will have to deal with an sad girlfriend!)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 11, 2008, 08:45:00 am »

Akroma's log

It's almost done. My recent experiments were succesful. After refining it to the maximum, only leaving the substance needed for the regeneration, it was able to even recover a rat whichs skull I crushed under my boot. I've done it. And only in 2 years of research in this hole n the ground they call fortress. Being exiled from the mountainhomes was the best thing that could ever happen to me.
My..my whole live I have waited for this.

All that is left now is to harden the substance into a stone, something that would dissolve very slowly in water, mixing it's powers with the water, and creating and almost infinite amount of the elixir.

But enough for now. I deserve a little celebration. A little celebration for myself. I will go and look for some alcoholic beverage that will fit my taste. Who knows, maybe they even bought some sunshine from the dirty tree huggers ?
Bad, race, but the best booze under Omāt's bright sky.

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 11, 2008, 05:52:00 pm »

10th Timber, 1055
Durien's log
One of the planters has emulated his fellows and claimed a craftshop.  After running all over the fort to gather stone, metal bars, gems, and other materials, he has begun his construction.  We shall see what he makes.

[ March 11, 2008: Message edited by: Dame de la Licorne ]

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 32