Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32

Author Topic: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)  (Read 19225 times)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
Re: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)
« Reply #390 on: March 07, 2008, 09:46:00 pm »

Can we get a current form of the fortress uploaded into http://mkv25.net/dfma/?

I'm kind of curious about what the fortress looks like. It'd be nice if an additional version was done every 5 years, so we can see how it grows  ;)

Assuming it survives 5 more years. These goblin attacks seem to be getting rather vicious.

... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 08, 2008, 03:59:00 am »

in one posts you metioned there was a chasm. If so, I assume that there is small cave spiders. Please built some small animal traps, and make some glass-vials. then let akroma extract some cave spider poison
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 08, 2008, 10:35:00 am »

It's my birthday this weekend, so the next update may not be for a few days.  I'll get the map up in the meantime though.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 08, 2008, 04:37:00 pm »

19th Slate, 1054
Durien's log
While enlarging our work area, Leo has broken through to a chasm.  A chasm crawling with cave spiders!  Ugh. But on the positive side, purring maggots live in chasms also, and we can milk those.  I'll make a few traps and have someone place them in strategic locations.

-------
And here is the current map.  Enjoy!

If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 08, 2008, 05:01:00 pm »

after 10 minutes of searching, I still haven't found my lair. Add a point of interest please
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 08, 2008, 05:07:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Akroma:
<STRONG>after 10 minutes of searching, I still haven't found my lair. Add a point of interest please</STRONG>

Done, sorry.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 09, 2008, 05:05:00 am »

How many FPS do you get on such a big map with so many flows?
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 09, 2008, 04:36:00 pm »

It usually hovers at about 20fps, but when there's a sneaking party (ambush or kobold), it drops to about 10.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 09, 2008, 04:38:00 pm »

5th Felsite, 1055
Durien's log
I've decided that we still don't have enough pig tail items, so I've ordered another.  I'm sure the clothiers can find some pig tail thread or cloth somewhere.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 09, 2008, 05:06:00 pm »

18th Felsite, 1055
Durien's log
Peasants should clearly not be underrated, even though they are virtually useless.  One came upon a goblin thief today, and immediately joined battle.  Three others saw the fight and ran to help.  Although they arrived too late to save the first, they managed to kill the thief, one taking such serious wounds that she died shortly after.  The two surviving peasants have been offered positions in our military, and I am pleased to write that they have accepted and are even now beginning their training sessions.

[ March 09, 2008: Message edited by: Dame de la Licorne ]

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 09, 2008, 06:05:00 pm »

Events of 10th Hematite, 1055
Kurn was surprised to see a peasant running for the fort like there were goblins at his heels.  "Hold up, wha's the hurry?"
"Gob-gob-goblins!"  Panted the poor dwarf.  "A war dog's fightin' 'em!"
"Go warn the fort, I'll meet 'em."  Ordered Kurn, hefting his mace.

"Kurn did what?" Imp burst out in disbelief. "I'm goin' after 'im.  He'll get 'imself killed at this rate!"  Catching sight of Leo on her way out, she blew him a kiss and called "I'll be back for lunch, sweetie."
By the time Imp reached the battlefield, Kurn had already taken down two goblins, but was being overrun by the rest of the horde.  At his feet lay the body of one of the recent immigrants, and not far away was the corpse of the valiant war dog.  Seeing all this, Imp entered a martial trance, and proceeded to rip and slash her way through the goblin horde and by the time the other soldiers began arriving, the goblins were on the run.  Imp's interference had, however, come too late for the brave Kurn, for he lay lifeless among the goblin corpses.
Two of the fleeing goblins had the misfortune to come upon Akroma, Systar and T'Malia, as they were heading for the safety of the fort.  The three dwarves charged with blood-chilling cries, and the goblins met their end.

The marksdwarf Rovod (Imeka's lover) had keen eyes, which were the reason he had been assigned to the crossbow.  He saw two other goblin hordes marching on the fort from the far east, and yelling the information over his shoulder, set off to meet them at a run.  His bolts downed three of the advancing goblins, including the master lasher commanding them, but marksdwarves are poor melee fighters, and he died beneath the goblin pikes even as Imp and Halfman were cutting their way toward him with their squads.  Only two goblins of the second horde escaped the doom at Nokzamoslan.
The third goblin horde, seeing the fate of their comrades, turned tail to flee, but the dwarves were determined to avenge their fallen friends and comrades and gave chase.  Their bloodthirsty battle yells gave speed to the goblin feet, but nothing could outrun these seeming demons and less than a handful managed to escape the fate that clearly awaited them at Battlewinds.

Imp surveyed the battlefield as she walked back toward the fort with Halfman.  "It seems yer well-known by the goblins," he remarked.  "They see ye, they run."
"And so they should," replied Imp.  "Threaten my home, my sweetheart, do they?  Not on my watch."

OOC: It really was funny, Imp was always the first high-level soldier in each battle, and the goblins would get line of sight on her and start running.

[ March 09, 2008: Message edited by: Dame de la Licorne ]

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 09, 2008, 06:54:00 pm »

27th Hematite, 1055
Durien's log
I cannot help but worry, for the human caravan is late.  They normally arrive at the beginning of summer, but it is now nearly mid-summer, and they are still not here.  I hope they have not met with disaster, but I have ordered the number of patrols increased, as well as the ground they cover.  They may be only humans, but they are still friends, of a sort.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 09, 2008, 07:16:00 pm »

10th Malachite, 1055
Durien's log
Another dwarf was seized by creative inspiration today.  This time it was a siege operator, and he claimed an unused craftshop, like all the others.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 09, 2008, 07:19:00 pm »

18th Malachite, 1055
Durien's log
Well, the siege operator made a bracelet, out of wood.  Talk about worthless, it's value is only 3,600* and it has no saving grace, other than the ubiquitous menacing spikes and bands, both also made of wood.  Its name, Troubledbores the Wet Land, most likely refers to the aquifer which blankets this area.  In addition the dwarf is now insisting on being called a woodcrafter, but that will not change his duties in the slightest.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 09, 2008, 07:28:00 pm »

5th Galena, 1055
Durien's log
Paul has finally convinced me to build a weapon trap outside his bedroom.  I don't understand why he feels he needs one, but as he's made all of the trap components, in addition to the ones we brought, it won't take much more work to assemble it.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32