Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32

Author Topic: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)  (Read 19223 times)

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)
« Reply #375 on: March 07, 2008, 10:51:00 am »

Nog's Thoughts

I made this awesome amulet thing! I don't know why...I just had too. Maybe now they'll let me have a sword! I'll go ask now!

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 07, 2008, 01:13:00 pm »

17th Moonstone, 1054
Durien's log
Two goblin parties ambushed us from the east and the west.  Several war dogs took care of the ones from the east, though two dogs died doing so.  The western party was accompanied by a bowgoblin.  Fortunately it was killed, but Grukol's wife and youngest daughter died doing so.  Why she took her baby into battle, I'll never understand, she had to be crazy.  The other goblins in the party were annihilated by Grukol's marksdwarves, Halfman's axedwarves and Imp's swordsdwarves.  Losing one soldier to a single bowgoblin is much better than losing seven soldiers to four bowgoblins, as happened when Nosey died his valiant death.  Our military is making progress, but I'm a bit bothered by that Grukol.  He doesn't seem to want to mourn his wife and daughter.

[ March 07, 2008: Message edited by: Dame de la Licorne ]

If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 07, 2008, 04:35:00 pm »

5th Opal, 1054
Durien's log
Nog still wishes to be a member of our military, and is convinced that fashioning an amulet is proof that he belongs there.  Had he made a weapon, or some armor, I might have been more lenient, but an amulet has no useful purpose, in battle or otherwise.  He will have to wait until he grows up, much to his disappointment, but the battlefield is no place for children, as the Bridgebuds learned too late.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 07, 2008, 04:40:00 pm »

11th Obsidian, 1054
Durien's log
A fisherdwarf has begun acting strangely, and has claimed a craftshop.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 07, 2008, 04:52:00 pm »

20th Obsidian, 1054
Durien's log
That fisherdwarf has emerged from her shop with a birchen crown, decorated with more birch and saguaro.  Yet another worthless item, I value it at only 3,600*, nowhere near the artifacts created by the real craftsdwarves, or even Nog.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 07, 2008, 05:09:00 pm »

1st Granite, 1055
Durien's log
The new year has arrived, and we are still here.  I am beginning to find it hard to remember that I ever had a home other than this one.  In going through my yearly check of our supplies, I noticed that we have no plants left, Systar is brewing so much.  I've remedied that by assigning more dwarves to the fields, taking them off less important tasks.

----------
Legendaries:
Kalen -> Legendary stonecrafter via artifact
Nog -> Legendary stonecrafter via artifact

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 07, 2008, 05:27:00 pm »

12th Granite, 1055
Durien's log
The elves have come back, unfortunately.  I'll have to go see what they have, though I don't hold out much hope that it'll be remotely useful.

Ed-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://heiteinah.deviantart.com
« Reply #382 on: March 07, 2008, 05:27:00 pm »

Reinhold's diary entry:

Today i'll request a new room for me. The mayor is very kind to listen to all of our complaints, and for sure he gets my vote for the next year and for those that will follow.

I've been considering on making glass items that could help everyone in the fortress with their jobs. A few vials for the cook so he can hold a few spices and for alchemists to work with their so called... "science".

Goblins are persisting with their attacks, but our defenses are very good.

I am so proud of Ezum! I wish i could give him glass bolts or something like that.

I love my home. I really love it.

quot;''Mike Haggar'' Jaritek let out a sinister laughter! ''Mike Haggar'' has began a mysterious construction! [Several slaughtered goblins later] ''Mike Haggar'' has created Murrdusk, a Goblin Blood Pond. The Pond Menaces with skulls of Goblins and is hi

AlmostEverywhere

• Bay Watcher
  • Store item in stockpile
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 07, 2008, 06:45:00 pm »

From Whappsie's diary-

Well, it turns out Akroma didn't need the Hydra blood I had swiped - he had managed to swipe a bunch on his own!  That means he has no need to look for Bappsie's diary.  I guess I'll just leave my vial of blood in my coffer for now.  When I found this out, I went down to the food stockpile for a long, sad drink.  As I lifted up the barrel, however, I noticed a loose stone on the floor.  I lifted it up, and underneath was an old, dusty book.  It was Bappsie's diary!  I'll start looking through it immediately, trying to find clues to where she's hidden the sapphire.  Although I'm starting to feel like I might never need it.  With goblin blood on my axe, my dog at my heels, and Halfman at my side, this place is really starting to feel like home.

I've noticed that the dwarf, Scrubs, has been following me around lately, watching me.  It's kind of creepy.  I mean, it's nice to be admired, but if Halfman finds out about this, I bet he'd pound Scrubs into hamburger.

[ March 07, 2008: Message edited by: AlmostEverywhere ]

Nos3y

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 07, 2008, 06:54:00 pm »

Grukol's Journal
My wife and youngest died the other day. The other dwarfs question my sanity. But the fact of the matter is, we both knew that the Fort was dangerous. There's always a chance one of us may die. Thus is the way of the Mountainhomes. I know in my heart, she would have wanted me to live on, take care of my other two daughters. Also. To Protect the Mountainhomes with Crossbow and Bolt. May the Gods watch over her and Mosus.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 07, 2008, 08:31:00 pm »

27th Granite, 1055
Durien's log
Grukol must have been more bothered by the death of his wife and baby than I realized.  One of the peasants was ambushed by goblins, and Grukol went to his rescue, not even waiting for the rest of his squad to assemble and without even refilling his quiver.  He arrived too late to save the peasant, and expended his last two bolts to bring down one of the goblin attackers.  By the time Imp arrived at the scene, according to her report, Grukol was surrounded by goblins and flaying about, using his crossbow as a hammer.  Imp took out the remaining goblins, sustaining only a bruised liver in the process, but Grukol has been lost to us, leaving his two daughters orphans.  Imeka, as his second-in-command, has been given command of the marksdwarves.  I believe I shall speak to halfman about training the marksdwarves with hammers, so that they are not so helpless if they are forced to into melee combat.

Nos3y

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 07, 2008, 08:40:00 pm »

Well damn. That's two of my dwarfs down! Having lost too much I must back out of this mountainhome D= I weep for the losses. Perhaps I'll make my own Community Fort  :) Good job so far though, I appreciate the effort in bringing my Dwarfs attitudes and behaviors out and into your story  :D

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 07, 2008, 08:42:00 pm »

3rd Slate, 1055
Durien's log
Halfman came to me to say that the spiderling Aban discovered a goblin thief near our front gates today, and simply watched it scamper...straight towards him, Halfman.  He, of course, took care of it.  Since our only adult spider does attack the enemy whenever it sees them, I can only conclude that spiderlings do not have the same viciousness as the adults.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 07, 2008, 08:44:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Nos3y:
<STRONG>Well damn. That's two of my dwarfs down! Having lost too much I must back out of this mountainhome D= I weep for the losses. Perhaps I'll make my own Community Fort   :) Good job so far though, I appreciate the effort in bringing my Dwarfs attitudes and behaviors out and into your story   :D</STRONG>

Thanks, you folks make it better.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 07, 2008, 09:15:00 pm »

15th Slate, 1055
Durien's log
Immigrants have again arrived today, and I promptly sent half of them to Halfman, to feed our ever hungry military.

---------
We have received:
1 Soaper (male) turned soldier
2 Bowyers (female) turned soldier
1 Woodcrafter (male) turned soldier
1 Fisherdwarf (female) turned soldier
1 Stoneworker (female)
1 Bone Carver (female)
4 Peasants (female)
1 Potash maker (male) turned soldier
1 Metalcrafter (male)
4 Peasants (male)
1 Animal caretaker (male) turned soldier
2 Woodcutter (female)
1 Trapper (female)
1 Planter (female)
1 Dyer (male) turned soldier

a kitten
a cat
a lamb

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32