Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32

Author Topic: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)  (Read 19227 times)

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
Re: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)
« Reply #360 on: March 06, 2008, 10:05:00 pm »

@Kogan: "Ral most often takes the form of a male frogman and is associated with caverns and mountains."

@Toaster: Systar's stats: Very strong, very agile, unbelievably tough; skills: talented miner, proficient brewer, legendary engraver, competent furnace operator, dabbling social skills and swimmer, novice grower

[ March 06, 2008: Message edited by: Dame de la Licorne ]

If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Halfman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 06, 2008, 10:19:00 pm »

Could you post Halfman's first page of his relations ships please

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 06, 2008, 10:19:00 pm »

Paul's Diary, entry 6:
Things have happened. I frankly don't care. What matters is that the glass furnace-stealing dwarf seems to suspect that I plan to kill him.

He's smarter than I thought. Luckily, he doesn't seem to know that I'm going to use the large iron dagger hidden under my pillow in my bedroom.

He shall rue the day that he messed with Paul McCartney. I was here first, and I shall be here last.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 06, 2008, 10:25:00 pm »

Systar's Log
9th Sandstone

I hit my head on the still while corking a troublesome barrel the other day, adn somehow got the craziest idea in my head.  I'm not sure that understand it, but I feel like it could work out very well for me.  First stage of the plan:  Support that strange dwarf Scrubs' plan to build a shower, or whatever he calls it.  Without its construction, my plan will not work.  I'll pester Durien about finishing it as soon as I get a chance.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 06, 2008, 10:29:00 pm »

If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 06, 2008, 10:33:00 pm »

19th Sandstone, 1054
Durien's log
Systar has begun emulating Scrubs and is now pestering me about completion of the 'shower'.  Neither of them seem to realize that I have more important things to worry about!  Work is proceeding, although I keep pulling dwarves off the project for other things, like the defenses covering our eastern border.  I hope none of the other dwarves go crazy and start wanting this 'shower'.  To make myself feel better, I have ordered that no dwarf is to export any rings until further notice.  I do like rings.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 06, 2008, 10:57:00 pm »

1st Timber, 1054
Durien's log
The child Nog has withdrawn from society, in much the same way as the various craftsdwarves have over the months.  Perhaps he also shares the same temperament and that is why he has gone strange?  We shall have to see.

OOC: Nog is the first non-craftsdwarf mood in the fort.  The other six moods were all craftsdwarves.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 06, 2008, 11:01:00 pm »

2nd Timber, 1054
Durien's log
It seems Nog has claimed an empty craftshop, and so I think he must have the same creative temperament that the other craftsdwarves have.  It is the only explanation that makes sense for his behaving more oddly than usual.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 06, 2008, 11:21:00 pm »

11th Timber, 1054
Durien's log
Nog has created a hematite amulet, which he has named Dwindlewrings for some odd reason.  Then again, the lad has always struck me as somewhat crazier than any other dwarf, with his habit of staring at everyone he meets.  At any rate, the amulet, which I have valued at 54,000*, though I have not told him that, is very fine.  He has decorated it with rings and spikes of cougar leather and turtle bone, respectively, and has included an image of us laboring in indigo tourmaline.  All in all, a fine artifact, although completely useless.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 07, 2008, 02:03:00 am »

I wonder, can I get a screenshot of my lair ?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Nos3y

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 07, 2008, 07:17:00 am »

Grukol's Journal
I've had yet another daughter. Though it brings me great joy, I was hoping for a boy. So that he may fight by my side one day. But that is life I suppose. But having three children...at some points I'd prefer a pit of carp instead. Anyways, I've noticed strange things around the fortress. Secretive things. The way the other dwarfs look at each other, hidden intentions I believe. It brings up questions of raising a child here. In any case I continue training. You can never be to good at what you do I say. Someday I'll be able to stand at the entrance to our home, and hit a goblin in the eye who's on the horizon!

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 07, 2008, 08:58:00 am »

Akroma is sleeping on his room, the staircase on the left will become a channel for magma access once he's done digging the passage.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 07, 2008, 09:13:00 am »

13th Moonstone, 1054
Durien's log
It seems that Halfman and Whappsie's romance has sparked other romances between the dwarves here.  Of note amongst them are Leo and Imp, though I am a bit surprised at that pairing, and Imeka is involved with another marksdwarf, Rovod Oceanwires. \

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 07, 2008, 09:21:00 am »

Akroma's log

I have tested several blood types to see which ones can be mixed without causing it to clock the arteries. Most bloodtypes seemed impossible to mix, however I was succesful with mixing dwarven blood with the ones of a cave spider.
I shall try end mix those two, once I made some progress refining the hydra blood.
But for that I will need high temperatures, and some tubes. Sadly none of these are avaiable yet. I will take a break for my research for now, to finish my lab.

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.playingdeadcomic.com
« Reply #374 on: March 07, 2008, 10:46:00 am »

13th Timber, 1054, Diary of Kurn Inethestil

Diary, it appears that my luck might be changing...ever so slightly.

I was admiring the...sparring technique of one of our fellow female Axedwarves, a looker by the name of 'Whappsie'. She caught me noticing and, so I thought, began to show off her skills for my benefit. I was just about to ask her if she wanted to see my skills with a hard blunt weapon when th' Captain of the Guard, a close friend o' mine, Halfman, walks in and gives her a big wet smooch! OY! I coulda had me balls slammed in a floodgate if I was caught flirtin' with another Dwarf's lover, let alone me boss's!

It occured to me a few moments later that I was bloody lucky to 'ave not embarassed m'self infront of my boss! Good Luck? Aint never had that before.

Feels good.

DoctrZombie has been happy lately. He admired a masterwork poorly drawn webcomic lately.He wrote about a community fortress recently.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32