Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32

Author Topic: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)  (Read 19233 times)

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)
« Reply #330 on: March 05, 2008, 05:20:00 pm »

Carp-taming.

"Okay guys, I'm going to go teach it 'sit' and 'attack'." -Irwins Father
Later
"Um, I have good news and bad news" -Irwin's Father's assistant
"What's the good news?" -Irwin
"He successfully taught the carp 'sit'." -assistant
"What's the bad news?" -Irwin
"He successfully taught it 'attack', too." assistant.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 05, 2008, 05:50:00 pm »

Dogar burst into Grekks room with no warning. For once he wasn't smoking, but there definitely was a storm riding across his face.
"Damn that Scrubs! Do ye know what he just did?" growled Dogar to Grekk.
"Um, nothing good I suspect?" said Grekk apprehensively.
"Damn right he didn't. The scunner tried to wash me! Just grabbed me at the corridor and started rubbing that awful-smelling crap he calls soap all over me. I was this close ter breakin' his nose when Whappsie, you know her don't you, stopped me. She tried ter talk us inter some kinda compromise. Compromise? With that lunatic? It's gonna be ages before I can approach a furnace again without it stinging like all Hell. Doesn't he know that soot isn't just dirt, it's bloody necessary? What kind o' a name is 'Scrubs' fer a proper dwarf anyway? Hal' human, more like."

[ March 05, 2008: Message edited by: nahkh ]

Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 05, 2008, 05:56:00 pm »

Leo's Journal

A dwarf named 'Scrubs' has been pissing off everyone with his 'shower' and rubbing this stuff called soap everywhere. If he touches my, I'll sic my dog on him. I mean it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 05, 2008, 06:10:00 pm »

Systar's Log
Undated

Hasn't been much to write about recently.  I've gotten quite good at engraving by now- so much so that supposedly word is spreading about it.  That's nice and all, but what about my booze?

Apparantly my smelting skills aren't needed by Durien.  That's too bad, because we have some of those quality magma forges up and running now.

Speaking of Durien, he wants to make an army of those creepy spider spawn.  If any of them come in my room, they're going to find themselves squashed with a barrel of well-aged Dwarven ale.

Work continues.

(May I see my stat/skill screen?)

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 05, 2008, 06:11:00 pm »

What're my dwarf's skills and friends? (You can just take the first page of friends, since the rest are rarely worth mention)
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Ed-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://heiteinah.deviantart.com
« Reply #335 on: March 05, 2008, 06:21:00 pm »

If kindly could show us the skill screens, it'd be greatly appreaciated.
quot;''Mike Haggar'' Jaritek let out a sinister laughter! ''Mike Haggar'' has began a mysterious construction! [Several slaughtered goblins later] ''Mike Haggar'' has created Murrdusk, a Goblin Blood Pond. The Pond Menaces with skulls of Goblins and is hi

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 05, 2008, 06:41:00 pm »

Lol, we are demanding. I would like to see Leo's relations. Please.   ;)

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 05, 2008, 07:43:00 pm »

@AlmostEverywhere: Whappsie is now training as an axedwarf, her friends are Ustuth Bridgebuds (Grukol's wife and a squadmember), Thob Portalelders (Baer's son), and Erith Lashspeakers (a fellow squadmember).

@Nos3y: Grukol commands four other dwarves, including Imeka, in his marksdwarf squad, Grukol and one other are (no-label) Marksdwarves, Imeka and the other two are Novice Marksdwarves.  Grukol's stats: Extremely Agile, Mechanic, Novice Wrestler, Novice in all social skills, Dabbling Armor/Shield User

@Torak: Grekk's stats: Strong, Agile, Tough, Proficient Weaponsmith, Proficient Speardwarf, Dabbling in a whole bunch of stuff

@Ed-: Reinhold's skills: Wood Cutter, Novice Glassmaker, Dabbling in a bunch of stuff

@Helmaroc:

[ March 05, 2008: Message edited by: Dame de la Licorne ]

If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 05, 2008, 07:51:00 pm »

It seems all his friends also work with stone in some way.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 05, 2008, 07:57:00 pm »

18th Galena, 1054
Durien's log
I met with our dungeon master today, to discuss methods of hydra capturing.  He says to call him Irwin, and seems to be quite capable at his job.  I asked why he was so adamant about taming Stredac, when the beast seemed quite happy in his part of the map, and Irwin replied something about a bet.  Well, I'm sure it will come clear in time.  At any rate, I think we will get along well.
Halfman also came by, with one of the children.  It seems the boy Nog is insisting on being given a sword, so that he can fight goblins.  He wasn't very pleased when Halfman and I both insisted that only full adults were allowed weapons, not half-grown children.  I did promise him that he could join our military once he grew up, and suggested he practice wrestling in the meantime, if any of the soldiers were willing to train the lad.

OOC: Note that Nog also has an older brother, a peasant, who for some reason doesn't show up in the relationships screen.

If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 05, 2008, 08:11:00 pm »

24th Galena, 1054
Halfman knocked, then stuck his head around Durien's door.  "Can I speak to ye a minute?"
Durien looked up from the pile of paper he was always going through.  "Sure.  I could use a break from this."
Halfman slipped in, and closed the door behind him, causing Durien to raise a brow at this odd behavior.
"D'ye think...mebbe...that ye could..possibly...authorize, well, that is, some of the soldiers would feel safer if...and we have so many of them anyway that..."  Halfman stumbled to a halt.
"Ye're makin' no sense, Halfman.  Whatever it is, ye know ye only have to ask and if the fort can provide it, yer soldiers get it."
Halfman took a deep breath.  "Couldyeassignwardogstosomesoldiers?"
Durien blinked, "What? Slow down."
"Could ye assign war dogs to some of the soldiers?"  It was easier making the request the second time.
Durien leaned back, stroking his beard and regarding his Captain of the Guard for a long minute.  Then he said slowly, "This wouldn't have anything to do with Whappsie, would it?"
Halfman flushed.  "Ye know 'bout that?"
"Half the fort knows about ye two."  Durien said gently.
"We was tryin' to be discreet!"  Halfman collapsed into the second chair.
"Apparently, yer version of discreet could use some work."  Rising, Durien walked over to Halfman and clapped a hand on his shoulder.  "Relax, I'm happy fer ye.  And yer ladylove will get her dog."

OOC: Just in case it wasn't clear, Halfman and Whappsie are lovers.

[ March 05, 2008: Message edited by: Dame de la Licorne ]

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 05, 2008, 09:25:00 pm »

13th Limestone, 1054
Durien's log
The dwarven traders have arrived, bringing steel and bauxite, as well as food and drink.  And of course, news from the capital.  There will be much to catch up on since last year's meeting.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 05, 2008, 09:37:00 pm »

17th Limestone, 1054
Durien's log
Two goblin squads have arrived to lay siege to our fort.  Fortunately, the traders all got inside safely before their arrival.  However, it seems the goblins are not attacking out fort directly, and so Halfman is using the extra time to finalize the defensive plan.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 05, 2008, 10:22:00 pm »

3rd Sandstone, 1054
Durien's log
The siege has at long last been broken.  Our gravest loss is, perhaps, old Stredac, for the goblins attacked him first, and even a mythical beast cannot fight forty-to-one odds and survive.  But he took out a quarter of their number, leaving us to deal with thirty goblins wielding swords, hammers and maces.  Our military ripped them to pieces, with Imp doing the most damage.  Really, that dwarfette frightens me sometimes.  I'm glad she's on our side.  Our catapults were not used, mainly because the operators, including T'Malia, kept arriving at their stations, catching sight of the goblins, screaming "GOBLINS!" and running away.  Civilians.  Fortunately we did not need the siege engines, but I will have to speak to them about carrying out their duties fully next time.

AlmostEverywhere

• Bay Watcher
  • Store item in stockpile
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 05, 2008, 11:09:00 pm »

From Whappsie's Diary

Oh Diary, I'm in love!  I feel like I could fly!  Halfman's so clever and sensitive, he's such a great leader.  It's so wonderful to be training with him and fighting alongside him every day.  And he really knows how to wield his weapon.

We did battle with a goblin siege today, and we were victorious.  I noticed that their army managed to kill that hydra that's been lingering so long in the east.  I remembered what Akroma had told me, and, as we chased down fleeing goblins, I snuck over to the hydra and bottled up some of its blood during the confusion.  The blood is for Akroma (I don't want to know why he wants it), but he'll have to find me Bappsie's journal before he gets it!

[ March 05, 2008: Message edited by: AlmostEverywhere ]

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32