Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32

Author Topic: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)  (Read 19234 times)

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
Re: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)
« Reply #315 on: March 05, 2008, 03:05:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by DoctrZombie:
<STRONG>@nahkh

You made friends with Baerolyn's son =P</STRONG>

And Grukol's eldest daughter.

If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 05, 2008, 03:10:00 pm »

Ookay, nothing creepy about having only children as friends. (Who exactly are they children of?)

---

Dogar paused his hammering once he felt someone watching him. From the nervous silence he guessed who was at the door. "All righ', Vabok an' Thob, ye can come in. Ye know the drill, no runnin', no yellin', no touching anythin' hot. If ye take somethin' ye put it back where it was or I'll tan yer hide."
Thob and Vabok were two of the fortress' kids who'd been hanging around the forges for the past few weeks. At first Dogar had tried to get rid of them but they kept coming back, so he decided that it was better to let them in and make some basic rules rather than have them sneak in and get hurt. Most of the time they were no trouble, and he didn't really mind the company. Their parents didn't seem to mind either. Well, if they're still around in a few weeks, maybe I can teach em a thing or two. Better ter start early, as me pa said.

Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 05, 2008, 03:16:00 pm »

3rd Galena, 1054
Durien's log
It seems two of the children, Baer's son Thob and Grukol's daughter Vabok, have taken an interest in smithing.  At any rate they appear to be spending a great deal of time down at the forges.  If they are still interested when they grow up, I'll assign them there.  A dwarven town can never have too many smiths.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 05, 2008, 03:24:00 pm »

4th Galena, 1054
Durien's log
Kalen has emerged from her workshop, bearing a hematite bracelet.  She of course wanted to show it off to everyone, and so I got a good look at it.  I value it at a healthy 98,400*, the most valuable creation so far, and it is, rather disturbingly, called "Pleatedbusts the Whiskered Tick".  She encrusted it with iron, more hematite, and prase opal, in addition to the menacing spikes of hematite and claro opal.  She also included two images.  One of a thin cross, in hematite, and another in iron of giant cocoon spiders.  I do wonder how she managed to get wind of my plans to breed an army of spiders.  But nevertheless, it is very well done.

[ March 05, 2008: Message edited by: Dame de la Licorne ]

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 05, 2008, 03:52:00 pm »

7th Galena, 1054
Durien's log
Yet more migrants have arrived, each more useless than the last, and I find myself wondering whether the Baron is trying to make us starve with so many new mouths to feed.  Fortunately most of them are useless enough that they were sent straight to Halfman for some basic training.  Our military can always use new recruits.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 05, 2008, 03:53:00 pm »

Most recent migrants:
1 Herbalist (male) turned soldier
1 Cook (female)
1 Wood burner (male) turned soldier
1 Peasant (male) turned soldier
1 Woodworker (female)
1 Milker (male) turned soldier
1 Peasant (female)
1 Fisherdwarf (female)
a donkey foal
an aurochs calf
a puppy

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 05, 2008, 04:00:00 pm »

Leo's Journal

My sweet little doggie killed one of those egg-head kobolds. I gave him the tough part of my plump helmet stalk. He enjoys chewing them.

(Are we allowed to have multiple dwarves?)

[ March 05, 2008: Message edited by: Helmaroc ]

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 05, 2008, 04:08:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Helmaroc:
<STRONG>
(Are we allowed to have multiple dwarves?)
</STRONG>

Right now only about quarter of the dwarves and one spider are claimed, so if anyone wants a second dwarf, just say the word.

AlmostEverywhere

• Bay Watcher
  • Store item in stockpile
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 05, 2008, 04:14:00 pm »

Can I ask for two things about Whappsie:  First, what sort of weapon is she using at the moment?  If she's wrestling, do you plan to give her a certain weapon?  And second, who are her friends?  (You don't need to post her entire relationships list, I'm just curious who she's friends with).

From Whappsie's diary:

Whee!  I wish goblins would come at us like that more often!  It was tons of fun mowing them down.  It was almost as much fun to watch them get torn apart by the hydra!

I passed by two dwarves in a heated argument the other day.  They seemed to be arguing about cleanliness.  One of them, Scrubs, was arguing that cleanliness was super-important, and he was going on about some shower system.  The other one, Dogar was his name I think, was kind of smelly... and smokey... and didn't seem to think showers were such a good idea.

"Come on, guys!"  I said.  "Can't we just agree that basic cleanliness helps keep dwarves healthy, but taking it to extremes is counter-productive?"

They they both started yelling at me!  They both said I was crazy.  Well, at least I got them to agree about -something-.

Anyways, now that we've got a dungeon master who likes to train animals, I'm going to ask Durien about getting a war dog assigned to me.  They're just such wonderful beasts.  A light brown one would be best!

(The rest of the page is covered with drawings of dogs and little hearts.)

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 05, 2008, 04:25:00 pm »

Ok, I want to claim a dwarf child. Name him Ngotolenog, or Nog for short.

Ngotolenog was always a strange child. He often was seen talking to small creatures and plants. He liked to make pictures out of stone, but unlike the other dwarven boys, he disliked wars and swords and the like. One day his parents were killed by goblins, and his dog died protecting them. Luckily, another family took him in, and they are very caring. He now hates anything to do with goblins, and begs everyday for a sword so he can 'cut the goblins good'. He acts very strange around other dwarves, he does not speak often. He often creeps adult dwarves out by staring at them for long periods of time.

Nos3y

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 05, 2008, 04:36:00 pm »

Grukol's Journal
As commanding officer of the Marksdwarf Unit, I must say. That we are becoming a formidable force. I couldnt have wished it any other way. For my love of the crossbow makes this job perfect for me! Anyways, we seem to be having no problem with the recent flux of Goblins. Considering they are walking into a Hydra's Lair when they come at us from the East. One day though, we'll have to take care of that Hydra. Either by force, by trickery, or by taming it.
---
OOC: How many Marksdwarfs are under my command? How many more need to train to atleast become decent shots? Finally, what are my Stats? Am I coming along nicely in Marksdwarfship?

Ed-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://heiteinah.deviantart.com
« Reply #326 on: March 05, 2008, 04:45:00 pm »

Reinhold diary's entry:

Seems like our defenses are quite strong right now. Now becase of that Hydra, you know, but, our valiant soldiers and our never ending guard dogs are making sure no robber nor goblin make past the gates alive.

That way i feel safe enough to... Think about having a kid. I am so sure he'd be able to make an artifact in my memory.

I heard talks about then having Cave Spiders and taming then to make a army. It may be good, but, i hope things won't go out of control.

My husband is a wrestler! And has made so many friends. It's so good. I for one work so much i don't have much time to actually... Chat.

Not that i am sad. I love working, and the clearness of my works are awesome.

If i am a dwarf worthy much, i'll kindly ask for the Mayor for a quarter for me and my husband to sleep in. Of course, it'd be made almost entirely of glass.... .. Except for the beds. For some reason, i just can't seem to make a glass bed.

quot;''Mike Haggar'' Jaritek let out a sinister laughter! ''Mike Haggar'' has began a mysterious construction! [Several slaughtered goblins later] ''Mike Haggar'' has created Murrdusk, a Goblin Blood Pond. The Pond Menaces with skulls of Goblins and is hi

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 05, 2008, 04:57:00 pm »

Well... unless anyone objects...

I wouldn't mind the Dungeon Master as a second dwarf.

Name:  Irwin
Profession: ... Do I really need to specify?
Backstory: Irwin's family is from a long line of exceptional animal trainers, originating from the founding of one of the original mountain-homes. His father, a cheerful and gregarious dwarf, often took the young Irwin and his/her sister/brother far from their small home to visit the far-flung reaches of the dwarven kingdom.

Unfortunatly, Irwin's father died at a young age in a carp-taming incident. Leaving the young Irwin with a substantial sum of money from his various jobs and exploits. His death wrenched the family apart, driving the two children's mother to insanity and her eventual drowning in the same ocean that claimed their father. Left bereft of family, the young Irwin's made a promise to one another. Each of them would leave and use their inheritance to find a position in a growing community. In twenty years both would return with a fantastic beast and give their final respects to their parents by bringing with them the most exotic beast they had captured thus far.

So began young Irwin's journey. And when s/he heard rumors of a hydra at the outpost of Nokzamoslan...

Obviously if end up with a large influx of newcomers I would gladly give him/her up. ^^ Scrubs is much more fun anyway.

[ March 05, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Nos3y

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 05, 2008, 04:59:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Jamini:
<STRONG>
Unfortunatly, Irwin's father died at a young age in a carp-taming incident.
</STRONG>

I lol'd heartily.

Ed-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://heiteinah.deviantart.com
« Reply #329 on: March 05, 2008, 05:17:00 pm »

quote:
Unfortunatly, Irwin's father died at a young age in a carp-taming incident.  

Those accidents are quite frequent you know. Not only by taming, i mean. Carps... THOSE CARPS

quot;''Mike Haggar'' Jaritek let out a sinister laughter! ''Mike Haggar'' has began a mysterious construction! [Several slaughtered goblins later] ''Mike Haggar'' has created Murrdusk, a Goblin Blood Pond. The Pond Menaces with skulls of Goblins and is hi
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32