Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32

Author Topic: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)  (Read 19236 times)

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
Re: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)
« Reply #300 on: March 05, 2008, 12:25:00 pm »

@Kagus: I can't rename pets unfortunately.  Its current name is Aban Hoarycloister.  Do you want a dwarf as well, or just the spider?
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 05, 2008, 12:44:00 pm »

Well, I was originally just joking, but that name sounds good enough for me.  I'm in, and I'll just be taking the spider.  I won't have to write diary entries that way.

"To view a fortress through eight eyes: a spider's memoirs"...

Actually, I might just have to do that.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 05, 2008, 12:48:00 pm »

Hehe.  Alright, noted.  You belong to a female recruit, Kogan Spearsoak, who also has a pet puppy.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 05, 2008, 12:50:00 pm »

12th Felsite, 1054
Durien's log
It has come to my attention that the spiderling one of the new recruits brought is female.  Considering that one of our other dwarves owns a male spider, we will now be able to breed them for more spiders and get some giant cave spider silk without any trouble.  I believe I will also ask our new dungeon master to train some of the resulting spiderlings into war spiders, whenever they mature.  Our defenses keep getting stronger, wonderful!

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 05, 2008, 01:10:00 pm »

12th Hematite, 1054
Durien's log
The humans are back, accompanied by a merchant prince this time, instead of the merchant baroness of last year.  I suppose they believe us to be rich, simply because the stupid goblins keep leaving expensive clothing and such upon their deaths.  Oh well, I'm sure I can manage to convince them that the goblin narrow clothing is the best thing since magma, and they can take the worthless stuff off our hands.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 05, 2008, 01:26:00 pm »

13th Hematite, 1054
Durien's log
No doubt about it, the goblins are completely stupid.  Who else would send an army against us...straight through a hydra?  I was out, taking a rare look around, and for once saw the action rather than having it reported to me.  Fifteen swordgoblins arrived, clearly intending to attack Nokzamoslan.  However, they came from the east...and Stredac had not eaten in a while.  Five survived the carnage, and even now Stredac is feasting.  I believe I can hear the sound of bones crunching in his mighty jaws, even though I know it is only my imagination for I am safely below ground as I write this.  If our dungeon master succeeds in taming him, we shall have a mighty ally.  But otherwise, we still have a...unique guard.

[ March 05, 2008: Message edited by: Dame de la Licorne ]

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 05, 2008, 01:42:00 pm »

22nd Hematite, 1054
Durien's log
A kobold tried to sneak through our front gate, but it seems we have finally chained enough dogs there, for it was discovered immediately and torn apart.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 05, 2008, 02:31:00 pm »

Dogar made a friend? Who is it? Also, do we have enough forges for everyone, or do we have to share?

---

Dogar let the paper fall back on the table. Someone (and I presume it's Durien) wants me ta design armor fer a spider? I must've read wrong. He poked his head in Grekks forge. "Ey, could you read this fer me? I think I've got soot in me eye." Grekks eyes widened as he read the missive. "No, no, that's definitely 'spider'. Heh. Don't envy you, mate."

Sometime later, in Duriens office:
"Well, someone came up with that idea and I simply passed in off to you. So what do you think? Armored war-spiders. Eh? Eh?"
"It's retarded. An' tha new Dungeon Master tells me that spiders cannae carry such weight, it'd break their thorax-spiney-thingy."
Durien stayed silent for a while, and then spoke: "And, uh... dwarves weigh more than armor, right?"
"In general, aye. 'xcept for tha little uns, maybe."
"Uh, then I better go and cancel that order for... um... saddles."
Dogar blew out a cloud of dark-blue smoke. "Aye, ye do that."

Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.playingdeadcomic.com
« Reply #308 on: March 05, 2008, 02:37:00 pm »

21st Hematite, 1054, Diary of Kurn Inethestil

I was walkin' through the halls of Nokzamoslan, admiring a finely crafted door, when around a corner comes the infant spawn of a GIANT CAVE SPIDER! I would have grabbed me mace and charged down the hall with a bloody scream if I 'ad a mace yet! Fortunately for Kogan, a ladydwarf also in the militia, I'm still on wrestling duty. Turns out the bloody spider is her PET! I nearly had one of its eight legs in a choke hold before she gave me a quick sock in the teeth and I let go. Oy! Imagine, havin' one of them spiderlings as a friggin' pet, followin' ye around all day like a good respectable pet, like a dog or sumfin.

Strangest thing is.. After I let the spider go, it chittered nosily at me, like a hissing squirrel. It knows whut I think about it...

It KNOWS

DoctrZombie has been happy lately. He admired a masterwork poorly drawn webcomic lately.He wrote about a community fortress recently.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 05, 2008, 02:45:00 pm »

@nakh: Currently there are two forges, so Dogar and Grekk each have one, and there's a third waiting to be built.

Dogar's relationships:

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 05, 2008, 02:50:00 pm »

26th Hematite, 1054
Durien's log
As I was going through the records, I noticed a distinct lack of pig tail items.  I like pig tail so much that I have therefore sent an order to the clothiers to make at least two pig tail items.  Of course, they tried to convince me that we have neither pig tails, nor pig tail thread, nor pig tail cloth in the fort, but considering that my requests for rings have always been met with swift execution, I have high hopes that soon I will have some lovely things in pig tail.

[ March 05, 2008: Message edited by: Dame de la Licorne ]

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 05, 2008, 02:54:00 pm »

7th Malachite, 1054
Durien's log
Leo and Akroma reported the killing of another kobold today, with the help of Leo's dog.  Good riddance.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 05, 2008, 02:59:00 pm »

19th Malachite, 1054
Durien's log
Kalen has gone strange, as so many craftsdwarves have before her.  She took an unoccupied craftshop, and proceeded to gather both hematite ore and bars, as well as some gems we mined out a while ago.  Now she's sitting there screaming for some cut gems, of which we have none in the fort.  I will ask Akroma to cut some, but since Kalen will not specify which ones she wants, I'm unsure how else to help her.

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.playingdeadcomic.com
« Reply #313 on: March 05, 2008, 03:02:00 pm »

@nahkh

You made friends with Baerolyn's son =P

DoctrZombie has been happy lately. He admired a masterwork poorly drawn webcomic lately.He wrote about a community fortress recently.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 05, 2008, 03:04:00 pm »

28th Malachite, 1054
Durien's log
It seems Akroma somehow knew exactly which gems Kalen needed, for she grabbed the first ones he cut.  She is now working night and day, as did the others.  I wonder what useless item will come out of her imagination.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32