Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32

Author Topic: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)  (Read 19218 times)

Nos3y

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2008, 10:50:00 pm »

With your first immigration wave, I claim a Male Peasant, draft him and name him Nosey. The very same from Cursemountains, due to the fall of his loveable home his will to fight was weaken, but inner resolve will drive him forward to once again lead an army.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2008, 11:06:00 pm »

16th Granite, 1051
Durien's log
The miners are digging into hard andesite now, and Paul and Rice have grabbed loose rocks to build their workshops with.  I've asked Paul to turn some of that rock into blocks, so that our palisade will have a nice finished look to it once all of the wood has been replaced.  I've also asked him for a door.  Once it is in place and the palisade is complete, we will truly be secure.

[ February 29, 2008: Message edited by: Dame de la Licorne ]

If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2008, 11:12:00 pm »

19th Granite, 1051
Durien's log
Well, the two workshops have been completed.  The first buildings of Nokzamoslan, and a physical manifestation of our determination to do the best of a bad situation.  We have all gathered to drink a toast in acknowledgement of our hard work over the past days.  We will succeed!  And the Baron will be sorry he didn't have me...disposed of...more surely, as rumor says he has done in the past.

[ February 29, 2008: Message edited by: Dame de la Licorne ]

If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2008, 11:15:00 pm »

quote:
Give me the most psychologically unstable looking dwarf you've got. Call him Grekk and make him a proficient weaponsmith/speardwarf.

I'm not sure if I should be flattered or impale your heart, liver, gal bladder and both lungs with a single trust.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2008, 11:21:00 pm »

21st Granite, 1051
Durien's log
I destroyed the wagon this morning, to mixed feelings from the others.  Having spent five months in their company, I have gotten to know them well.  Some were upset, others satisfied.  I felt like it was mocking us with an impossible possibility, as it is certain that we cannot go home in the foreseeable future.  With it gone, we are stuck here, to do what we can.  What we knew before, has been made a physical reality.  We cannot go home.

[ February 26, 2008: Message edited by: Dame de la Licorne ]

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2008, 11:23:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Grek:
<STRONG>
I'm not sure if I should be flattered or impale your heart, liver, gal bladder and both lungs with a single trust.</STRONG>

I would go with flattered.  That kind of dwarf tends to be instrumental in many of my forts, for whatever reason.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2008, 11:40:00 pm »

Systar knew she was in trouble when the Baron's goons found her private smelter, along with its interesting contents, in the basement of her inn.  She managed to sneak out the door before being arrested, but had to abandon most everything she had.  She escaped over to her friend Leo's place, who was signing up for some dwarven expedition.  Her hope of survival rested on getting out of the Baron's grasp...

Systar's Log
Undated
Well, that didn't go so well.  Turns out this Durien chap's already in hot water with the Baron, who just so happens to be organizing this expedition.  Joy.  Looks like he's killing two birds with one stone and sending us both, along with Leo and four other chumps, out to some remote outpost in the hinterlands.  He claims it's pretty well prepared, but I didn't trust the look in his eye.  At least I was able to keep my dogs and cat with me, as well as a good stock of booze.  We're on the way there now.

Systar's Log
1st Granite

By all the gods, this place is a deathtrap!  Not only is there no fort of any type, but there is a godsforsaken stinking hellhole of a cave, with a hydra in it, of all foul beasts!  The Baron must have really been angered with what he found in my inn.  I can only imagine what Durien did to anger him...

Glad I brought a pick- the sooner we're surrounded by good solid rock, the better.

Systar's Log
13th Granite

Great, an aquifer.  One more trouble to add to our list.  I'll be glad when we get settled in and I can get to brewing some quality spirits to keep us going.  This stuff we brought on the wagon is seriously cut-rate.

Systar's Log
21st Granite

Well, the wagon's gone.  We're stuck here for the duration.  Not that I want to go back to the Baron, though.  At least we have real rock to work with now- the aquifier won't be too much of a problem.  I hope Durien knows how to get through it correctly.

I wonder how he plans to deal with the cave, for that matter.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2008, 11:44:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Grek:
<STRONG>

I'm not sure if I should be flattered or impale your heart, liver, gal bladder and both lungs with a single trust.</STRONG>

Somehow I knew that name wasnt as original as I thought it was.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2008, 03:23:00 am »

Name: Akroma
Profession: Unknown, might start as a peasant

The events of 25 granite, the mountainhomes

Akroma couldn't help himself, but think of irony as he was forced to wait. He had been tortured for 3 days before he finaly confessed. Under tears and screams he confessed that it was him who stole the corpses from their graves, and the purpose they had served in their death. But the mountainhomes had little appreciation for "science". He confessed to escape the torture, and now he had to wait, and it was torture just as much as the blades were.
But the waiting, just as the torture, came to an end.
As the judge entered the courtroom, Akroma couldn't help himself but stare at the hammerer that stood nearby, caressing his hammer like a beatiful lover.
With a loud voice he shouted: " Stand up in honor of judge Gimbatul"
The courtroom was extraordinary crowded today, as the case of the "Necro-slasher" as it had been dubbed in the rumorkitchen had been getting attention left and right, as one of the defiled corpses was a popular engraver.
"I shall now place my verdict upon you"

Akroma send a last prayer to the god of the dead, knowing that he was done for.

"You shall be banished from the mountainhomes. You beard will be cut and you shall wander the continent aimlessly, untill you die"
With these words, he lowered the hammer.

Akroma will appear with the next wave of immigration, trying to blend in as well as possible, wanting to have a good cover before he may resume whatever he was doing before

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

ZrO4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2008, 06:08:00 am »

Hmm a Cheesemaker for me
Name: C. Hezman

Crime: added cows milk to dwarven cheese. Failed food standards. Booted out. Disgraced, angry, and bitter.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2008, 09:23:00 am »

4th Slate, 1055
"Wha's tha' awful smell?" Grekk choked out.  A bit of investigation soon revealed the answer.  Systar's kitten, that she had insisted on bringing, had begun a killing spree.  In the food stockpile.  "Ah'm gonna kill 'er!"
However, it seemed Systar had a way of knowing when her beloved pets were in danger.  She came along just as Grekk was preparing to break the kitten's neck.  "What are you doing?  She's mine!"
"Th' ca' lef' a ra' co'pse i' th' foo'.  She's wo'thless, so Ah'm gonna kill 'er."
"Cats kill vermin, it's their job!  You wouldn't be quite so eager to kill her if the rats had gotten into your ale!  Leave her alone!"  And Systar grabbed her poor kitten away from Grekk, stalking off to complain to Durien.

"Can't you do something about Grekk?  She's always lurking about, up to no good I'm sure."
Durien sighed.  "As long as she does her work, I can't come down on her, and some dwarves just don't like cats.  But, do try and make the corpses are cleaned up, it'll make it easier living all around, not just for Grekk."
"I would clean them up, but there's no place to put them!"
"Oh right.  Well then, dig out a dumping zone, one that won't spread the miasmas around.  And Systar, try not to hold it against Grekk, I think she's had a very tough time of it."
"Humph.  A dwarf that will kill cats."  Systar would not forget this.

[ February 27, 2008: Message edited by: Dame de la Licorne ]

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2008, 09:57:00 am »

10th Slate, 1051
Durien's log
The work proceeds apace, and I begin to regret that I was unable to bring more dwarves with me.  It seems as if the completion of each task spawns ten more.  I continue to work on the palisade, but so far we have managed to remain quiet enough that our neighbors seem not to realize that we are here, thank Kurol.  My companions seem to look to me for leadership and come to me with their complaints, though there is little that I can do save to continue as we are.  We all are jumpy, though that is not surprising, and I do not believe any of us will calm down until we are safely behind high walls.  Leo so far seems to be handling everything the best, but as he spends most of his time underground, he may in fact feel safest.  At least no true grudges have yet developed, although Systar and Grekk may be heading that way.  Since the kitten incident all those two dwarfettes do is snap at each other whenever they meet.  I must end here for today, for I have not slept in a month, and am exhausted.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2008, 10:11:00 am »

12th Slate, 1051
Durien's log
I have chopped enough wood that I can begin building beds.  The others were overjoyed when I made the first one, even though it is not very well made.  But, I imagine I will improve with time and for now, at least, we will no longer have to sleep on the ground.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2008, 10:14:00 am »

23rd Slate, 1051
Durien's log
The miners have struck a cluster of prase opal.  Imp has asked that they not hollow, or indeed any precious stone or metal, until they are more experienced, so as to waste as little as possible.  Although the parts of the mountain that we can see seems to have many such deposits, I suppose it is better to not waste it.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2008, 10:18:00 am »

4th Felsite, 1051
Durien's log
Rock crystal!  Paul will be happy.  The gem is rare enough that it is almost worth it to be stuck here, especially when combined with the hematite that lies exposed on the steep slopes.  Perhaps I should consider getting the glassmaking operation up earlier than I had planned...but no.  Our comfort and food and alcohol production must come first.  At least we seem to be making rapid progress on those two goals.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32