Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32

Author Topic: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)  (Read 19238 times)

Ed-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://heiteinah.deviantart.com
Re: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)
« Reply #285 on: March 04, 2008, 10:44:00 pm »

@Dame: If you could kindly post Reinhold's friendship page and give me a few tips about how her's husband is doing. A few details, like, what's his training and such would be greatly appreaciated.

Reinhold's diary entry:

Oh, such a fine day. Working gives me a good feeling... you know, satisfaction. The cook around here is a genious! The food he cooks is so delicious and moist! And, talk about that dining room! It's a tryumph!

Our Mayor is such a nice person! Althrough i am so sure he has to listen to a endless list of complaints and requests, he kindly took them to heart and built a nice glass smelter for me and for that... weirdo... Paul... I didn't think they would name dwarves with names not ... dwarven, you know.

Working on glass traps. Oh, i'll be sure to stop by the trap room to see the bloodied corpses of those invaders who will fall down on those. Just to see my little glass babies in action!

quot;''Mike Haggar'' Jaritek let out a sinister laughter! ''Mike Haggar'' has began a mysterious construction! [Several slaughtered goblins later] ''Mike Haggar'' has created Murrdusk, a Goblin Blood Pond. The Pond Menaces with skulls of Goblins and is hi

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 05, 2008, 03:02:00 am »

Akroma's log

On the way to my lair, I was attacked by one of those damn goblins. I tried to capture it alive and pushed it into the water, but the creature drowned quickly. I will attempt to recover it's corpse, as it is not as slashed up as they are when the militia dealed with them. Nevertheless, I am afraid of my safety, having to walk so far to get to my lair. I will build a few cage traps at the front doors, as not to be disturbed in my sleep, a floodgate linked to 2 levers, one inside my lair, next to my bed, and one outside of my lair. The one outside of my lair is already installed, it raises the local drawbridges. If the goblins should ever attempt to lay siege upon this fortress, the guards will pull the lever, not only saving themselves from the goblins, but also unknowingly saving me. Furthermore I will diga  tunnel that leads to the insides of the fortress, so I can get my food and booze without having to walk under the sunlight, not to mention a siege would totaly trap me, starving me to death.

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 05, 2008, 08:30:00 am »

@Ed-: Reinhold's husband has some experience in wrestling, and is now training as a marksdwarf.

If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.playingdeadcomic.com
« Reply #288 on: March 05, 2008, 08:42:00 am »

24th Moonstone, 1053, Diary of Kurn Inethestil

They pulled me off active duty for a while to repeat basic training. This time they were EXTREMELY clear about the Hydra and where exactly it was, and how many 'eads it had, and why it would be a bad idea to wander around the hydra cave without proper weapons. I can't help but think this might 'ave had somthin' to do with my little confusion a few months back...

My experiance so far in Nokzamoslan has been good... I do miss some things about the mountainhomes though... For one, I don't even 'ave my own room to sleep in! I have to sleep in the Barracks, which I suppose isn't all that strange seeing as I'm in the militia, but when all the beds are taken, ye hafta sleep in th' dirt!

It just aint dwarvenly! Smooth the floors! Build every dwarf their own room! Put the rottin' corpses or food in a refuse pile behind locked doors! Aye, I think I should bring these issues up to Durien!

Then again, the food and ale is TERIFFIC! So I guess I won't bother. Aint like we're bein' forced to live in the trees like some kind of Elf!

DoctrZombie has been happy lately. He admired a masterwork poorly drawn webcomic lately.He wrote about a community fortress recently.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 05, 2008, 09:44:00 am »

1st Granite, 1054
Durien's log
The winter has been very quiet, thankfully.  The first level of our watchtower is almost complete, with a catapult installed to guard against attack.  The second level will hold marksdwarves to serve as lookouts.
We are well set this year, with plenty of food and drink.  Our military is making good progress with the armor and weapons coming out of our forges.  But some of the soldiers are still very green, and I hope Halfman and Grukol can whip them into shape.

------------
Legendary Dwarves:
Paul -> Legendary Stonecrafter via artifact
Systar -> Legendary Engraver the hard way

If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 05, 2008, 10:32:00 am »

11th Granite, 1054
Durien's log
Another group of goblins seem to have decided to ambush Stredac.  According to the soldiers out on patrol, two of the macegoblins managed to escape, but the goblin guard leader fell, as did three other macegoblins.  I shall have the patrols continued, so that we may keep an eye on our hydra, but he is defending our eastern border quite nicely.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 05, 2008, 10:41:00 am »

12th Granite, 1054
Durien's log
The elven caravan has returned, bringing yet more useless items.  Shortly after their arrival at our western border, they were ambushed by a group of goblin lashers, led by a goblin guard.  I, of course, ordered all the dwarves back into the fortress, and the drawbridge raised.  The elves can deal with the goblins alone, we must prepare our defenses.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 05, 2008, 10:45:00 am »

15th Granite, 1054
Durien's log
The elves didn't even put up a fight!  Are they completely insane!?  Two of them were cut down at once, and the third spent several days run everywhere but toward our gates before he died.  Had he come to us, we would have covered his retreat, for we are honourable dwarves.  But we now have a whole lot of free useless stuff to clean up, as well as taking care of those goblins.  The elves do like making work for us it seems.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 05, 2008, 10:58:00 am »

20th Granite, 1054
"All right!  Steady now lads, don't shoot 'til ye can see the whites o' their eyes!"  Grukol advised his marskdwarves.
The minutes passed, each seeming an eternity to the waiting dwarves, then finally, "Fire at will!"  A volley of bolts rained down in the goblin targets.
"Chaaarge!" yelled Halfman, and the wrestlers and axedwarves rushed towards the enemy.  By the time melee combat had been joined, two of the lashers had fallen to the dwarven bolts.
Halfman lost no time in decapitating the goblin leader, causing the remaining goblins to panic and run.  "After 'em!  Don't let 'em get away!"
The soldiers, whose bloodlust had not yet been quenched, pursued the goblins relentlessly, bringing them down one by one.
"Huh, they didn' put up much of a fight."  Halfman remarked, looking around at the battlefield.  "Not so confident when they don't have bows on their side, I s'pose."
In the distance, the civilians were beginning to come out of the gates to clean up the mess, and the worthless stuff the dead elves had brought.

[ March 05, 2008: Message edited by: Dame de la Licorne ]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 05, 2008, 11:31:00 am »

Akroma's log 21th granite

Again I failed at putting the limbs together. It doesn't matter if the host body is alive or dead, it doesn't matter  if the limb is fresh as the snow falling gown on us, they just WILL NOT MOVE. I need something to strengthen the regeneration.
Fix the bones, knit the flesh, sew the skin and weave the breath.
Weave the breath.
Why is that so hard ?

I will go see the major about this. The hydra must be killed. I will just tell him how I "no longer feel safe". As the elected major it's his duty to listen to me.

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 05, 2008, 12:06:00 pm »

11th Slate, 1054
Durien's log
Akroma came to me to ask what the status on killing the hydra was.  When I informed him that there were no such plans, he seemed disturbed.  In fact, he told me that with the hydra so near, he felt unsafe.  That does not surprise me, although he could simply remain behind our high walls and watch towers, instead of often having some job to do outside.  I did point out that any potential plans to kill Stredac would have to wait until the military was more experienced.  In their current state I fear all they would manage to do would be to enrage him against us, which would lead to the swift end of our fort.  Akroma seemed to accept it, at least he said nothing more on the subject.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 05, 2008, 12:11:00 pm »

Akroma's log 11th slate

This coward of a major won't attack the Hydra. Settling in his lair and licing right next to it is fine for him, but killing it is "too dangerous"

Without me.

I will work all night, and build some siege engines. Then I will build a catapult at some safe place and blow this Hydra to bits. Even if the "trained soldiers" can't do it, I sure as hell can.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 05, 2008, 12:11:00 pm »

9th Felsite, 1054
Durien's log
We have received another shipment of migrants.  Many of them were sent straight to the military, as we have no need of their skills.  However, among their number were two metalworkers and an armorsmith, which were sent directly to the magma forges, to their delight.  This group was also accompanied by a Dungeon Master.  Apparently he had heard about Stredac, and wishes to tame him if at all possible.  I wish him luck.  But he also has several requirements for his apartments, which includes a tomb.  That, of course, is very low on the list of priorities, but with the new migrant wave we will have to carve out more living space, and I suppose it won't take much longer to carve out his apartments.  He will have to be patient for now.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 05, 2008, 12:12:00 pm »

Immigrant list:
1 Dungeon Master (male)
1 Craftsdwarf (female)
3 Peasants (female)
1 Metalcrafter (male)
1 Engineer (male)
3 Peasants (female) turned soldier
1 Blacksmith (female)
1 Stoneworker (female)
1 Siege operator (male)
1 Child (female)
1 Woodcrafter (female) turned soldier
1 Bowyer (male) turned soldier
1 Fish cleaner (female) turned soldier
1 Planter (female)
1 Thresher (female)
1 Armorer (male)
1 Soap maker (female) turned soldier
1 Woodcutter (female) turned soldier
1 Herbalist (male)
a puppy
a giant cocoon spiderling -> Kagus
a donkey foal
a kid

[ March 05, 2008: Message edited by: Dame de la Licorne ]

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 05, 2008, 12:16:00 pm »

I'll take the spiderling.  Name it "Ziggy", if you can.  Otherwise, I'll just go with whatever name it already has.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32