Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32

Author Topic: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)  (Read 19241 times)

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
Re: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)
« Reply #270 on: March 04, 2008, 07:09:00 pm »

27th Sandstone, 1053
Durien's log
The final channel has been dug, and we cheered as the magma began to flow through the carved fortifications toward the waiting workshops.  Dogar and Grekk moved their tools and had bars waiting ready so that they could begin forging as soon as they could.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Ed-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://heiteinah.deviantart.com
« Reply #271 on: March 04, 2008, 07:09:00 pm »

@dame: would you kindly post a pic of our characters' mood screens once in a while?

Reinhold's diary entry:
Seems like our fortress is being quite productive as of lately. A nice dwarf called  has just created a Artifact. A very good looking hematite crown. Events like this really deserve a feast.

The magma forges are almost on the way. Our brave soldiers are cleaning the volcano and, i gotta tell ya, i can't wait until i have that glass furnace. Glass mugs for everyone! Glass statues for the garden.

Today i'll ask the Captain of the Guard about my husband and how i can help him improve as a soldier.

Praise the gods! That Hydra made short work of those filthy goblins. Hopefully it won't notice our fortress.

quot;''Mike Haggar'' Jaritek let out a sinister laughter! ''Mike Haggar'' has began a mysterious construction! [Several slaughtered goblins later] ''Mike Haggar'' has created Murrdusk, a Goblin Blood Pond. The Pond Menaces with skulls of Goblins and is hi

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 04, 2008, 07:30:00 pm »

Hey, ya mind posting Kalen's relationships? Or if she has no friends, don't post it. I think it'd depress her too much.

Kalen's Log. 27th Sandstone, 1053

Well, the crazies leading this place finally got the magma forges up and running. I don't particularly care about it, myself, but if it'll help produce quality weapons and armor, I guess I'm OK with it.

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 04, 2008, 07:39:00 pm »

Paul McCartney's Diary, entry 5:
It seems some other dwarf is trying to take my glass furnace. My new, shiny magma glass furnace.

They shall feel my full wrath.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 04, 2008, 08:11:00 pm »

Dogar sighed with satisfaction as the last of his tools were in place. This truly is tha finest o' forges. 'ardly any smoke, instantly hot furnace, none o' those clumsy bellows. This is tha life. An' Durien tells me we'll be havin' flux in a years time, so we can get some proper steel underway. Tha iron we have here is pretty high quality, too. 'ardly any impurities. I can't wait to get me hands on tha flux.
Dogars musings were interrupted by a loud clang in the hallway. It was Grekk, who'd dropped a tool from the pile he was carrying. "Ah, 'twas ye. I thought maybe one o' em kobolds had snuck in again", said Dogar.
"Nah, it's just me. Help me out here", Grekk responded.

A bit later, as Grekk was putting the last of his tools in place, Dogar sat nearby, smoking quietly. Eventually Grekk asked if he had something on his mind. "Oh, I was wonderin' if ye know if Durien has had tha chance to look up me proposal, ye know, the one about dogs at tha entrances. I gave it ta him a week ago, and he hasn't replied yet", Dogar said. "Haven't heard anything, sorry. Maybe you should ask him." "Maybe I will. See ye later, Workerrock."

Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 04, 2008, 08:13:00 pm »

Leo's Journal

Guess what? Now we have LAVA flowing in our land! And we're using it! To make little tin earrings! Hooray! I hope the fool who works beside it falls in.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 04, 2008, 08:16:00 pm »

Current mood pages

If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 04, 2008, 08:23:00 pm »

And more:

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 04, 2008, 08:26:00 pm »

And the last:

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 04, 2008, 08:27:00 pm »

Leo made a friend? Who? I'd like his relations, please. I know we must seem demanding asking every 5 minutes for screens, but hey, we're only dwarf.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 04, 2008, 08:32:00 pm »

I'll try to post the mood screens more or less regularly, but since the relationships are starting to bleed into a second screen, I'll only post those for those who ask.

Helm, here's Leo's:

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 04, 2008, 08:38:00 pm »

16th Timber, 1053
Durien's log
I have finally managed to get around to all of the requests and demands and other paperwork that constantly clutters my office.  Dogar's request for guard dogs at the entrances is already being attended to, as soon as the clothiers make enough chains from all of the cloth we have.  Paul is...upset about Reinhold's request of a glass furnace, but since we have two of them, they will each get one.  I have started both of them making trap components, since sand is plentiful and Grekk's weapons will be better used for our military.  The traps will be very useful in bulking up the defenses at the front gate.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 04, 2008, 08:41:00 pm »

3rd Moonstone, 1053
Durien's log
That Scrubs just keeps going on and on about his 'shower'.  It's gotten to the point where I can barely get any work done without him interrupting me.  I've told him I'll build his shower, just to get a bit of piece and quiet.  And who knows, maybe it will help the injured recover more swiftly.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 04, 2008, 09:15:00 pm »

22nd Moonstone, 1053
Durien's log
A kobold was discovered in the magma area, but was quickly dispatched by two of our brave civilians.  I do not know how it managed to get past the mass of dogs at our gate, and will investigate.  It seems that our security is not yet good enough.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 04, 2008, 09:47:00 pm »

Could you post Scrub's relationship page? It would be pretty cool to see who actually befriended my lovable lunatic.

[ March 04, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32