Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32

Author Topic: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)  (Read 19239 times)

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)
« Reply #255 on: March 04, 2008, 02:15:00 pm »

Scrub's Journal:

5th Felsite 1053.

The military has undergone a large upheaval in the last few months. With the death of Nosey and Bapsie, the two main leaders of our militia, many of us here have been shaken by the blood that soaked the battlefield where our men were ambushed. Halfman, a dwarf who I've never taken a particular liking too, has been promoted to sheriff and I think he is using his newfound position to gather support against my showers idea. Even worse, I have overheard his "pet" Grukol Bridgebuds speaking to other members of the military, probably turning them against my cause! Indeed, Durien has more than once sent me off without a word, claiming to be mourning the dead or begging off that he needed to trade with the elves.

Even worse, I recognized one of the peasants in the throng of newcomers to our fortress. I truly hope that he does not remember me, or the incident at Akath Mishos. I do not know how he escaped, but if he retells his story I could be in very real danger.

I must find, build, or have built an Alchemist's lab and acquire a properly cut clear glass gem. If nothing else, to convince the other dwarves of the severity of their danger from the tiny flesh monsters that will consume us all!

22nd Limestone. 1053

Durien has begun allowing me to speak to him again, abait sparingly.

Today some things of interest happened.First off one of the new recruits, a military dwarf named Kurn, suggested that some of us take a stroll past the Hydra's lair. Needless to say, I offered him a good wallop of Dwarven Ale after her nearly shat himself from our reactions. The poor guy went whiter than a purring maggot when Dogar shouted him down.

Also I noticed Akroma, our jeweler who's beard has begun growing in somewhat, sneaking off into the cave. I'm finding his activities somewhat curious, next time he sneaks off I think I will follow him. i do have a good amount of free time now that we have found magma anyway.

[ March 04, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 04, 2008, 03:04:00 pm »

I love the way each dwarf seems more deranged than the previous one  :D Looks like the Baron's political purges paid off, as we seem to have quite a variety of "special" dwarves ^^

Also, requesting stats and skills for Dogar.

---

Damn fools, those recruits. How can anyone live with his head so far up his arse that he hasn't figured out we live next to a damned hydra? Kurol damn those rookies. I better have a few words with whoever's in charge of their training. Knowing how to use a weapon is worth diddly squat if they haven't got the sense not to go an' take a leak against a bloody great monster.
Dogar marched towards the barracks, puffing with some force. The sparring stopped when he entered, possibly because of the smoke.
"All right, which one o' ye scunners' in charge here?"
Grukol took a quick glance around the room and said: "I believe I have seniority here."
"I thought I'd drop by an' have a word with ye about some o' yer recruits. Just now one o' 'em felt that takin' a stroll by the eastern was just tha thing to take tha edge offa his meal. Stretching his legs, sort o' thing. Now this ain't really my business, but ye ought ter drive some sense into their skulls before you give em weapons. Seems a mighty waste to give the finest to a lad who can't tell left from right, or hydra from a bloody rabbit."
Grukol stayed silent, and held a cool, steady gaze right towards Dogar. Dogar deflated a little. "All righ', fine, I'll mind me own business. But Armok help ye if ye bring back me armor with dents innit. I'll use yer face for a smithing hammer when I fix those."
"I believe that will be fine. Now, I'll have a few words with some the greener recruits. I'm sure we can bring all of them up to par with local geography. Have a nice day," said Grukol and turned back to his troops.

Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 04, 2008, 03:57:00 pm »

Dogar's current status: Tough. skills: Novice Armorsmith, Dabbling Wrestler, Dabbling Stonecrafter, Dabbling in various social skills, Dabbling Grower

@AlmostEverywhere: Yes, the first thing I did was forbid the corpses.

If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 04, 2008, 04:01:00 pm »

20th Limestone, 1053
Durien's log
Another child snatcher was discovered today, fortunately beyond our walls before it could reach the children.  It was rather less fortunate, however, for it happened to cross Imp's path.  I believe I will ask her if she wants to train a bit with the rest of the military, for she really is a force to be reckoned with.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 04, 2008, 04:15:00 pm »

24th Limestone, 1053
Durien's log
I met with Thob today to create the trade agreement for next yeat.  In addition to the food and drink, I have also requested several different kinds of flux stone, so that we might begin turning some of the iron into steel.  Grekk and Dogar are especially pleased, being our smiths and therefore responsible for working the metal to suit our needs.
I have heard a rumor that Kurn, one of our soldiers, had not heard about the hydra when he first arrived, which surprised me.  However, according to Halfman he is progressing quite nicely with his training, and should prove to be an asset.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 04, 2008, 04:41:00 pm »

(Yes, go ahead and put Imp in the military please. Actually, what are her stats at the moment?(besides legendary miner))
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 04, 2008, 04:45:00 pm »

Imp's current stats: Strong, Perfectly Agile, Superdwarvenly Tough; skills: Legendary Miner, Proficient Swordsdwarf, Skilled Mechanic, Dabbling in nearly all social skills, Wrestler, Dabbling Armor User, Dabbling Swimmer, Dabbling Grower, Professional Engraver

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 04, 2008, 04:47:00 pm »

Could I see Leo's stats? Has his dog done anything other than dawdle a few miles behind him, holding up and tripping dwarves ?  :)

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 04, 2008, 04:48:00 pm »

25th Limestone, 1053
Durien's log
Akroma came across another goblin thief today, while he was out collecting Kurol knows what.  He seemed very upset at the outcome, however.  Apparently, instead of killing it, he'd knocked it into a murky pool.  I told him it didn't matter as long as the goblin was dead, but he didn't cheer up.  Oh well, it was the first time he'd faced the enemy here, and I suppose it is a little bothersome the first time.  But at least one less goblin will bother us.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 04, 2008, 04:51:00 pm »

Leo's stats: Extremely Strong, Very Agile, Tough; skills: adept miner, accomplished engraver, adept mason, dabbling in all social skills, dabbling grower
And no, the dog has done nothing other than follow him around everywhere.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 04, 2008, 05:06:00 pm »

Alright, thanks. Just so you know he will start mining again now if he hasn't been.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 04, 2008, 05:35:00 pm »

3rd Sandstone, 1053
Durien's log
I should really keep an eye on that Akroma, he keeps disappearing.  Today he came back hauling a ratman corpse that he had killed.  He claimed it attacked him, but somehow his words didn't ring quite true.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 04, 2008, 05:44:00 pm »

5th Sandstone, 1053
Durien's log
Grukol came to me today very proudly to inform me that his wife has just given birth to their second daughter.  Our first birth at Nokzamoslan!  Naturally I congratulated him, and inquired as to the infant's name.  He said that they had decided to call her Erush, meaning Object.  I cannot help but wonder at them, naming a child such.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 04, 2008, 06:11:00 pm »

Paul's diary, entry 4:
I made a crown on a whim, and Durien thought it was quite valuable. Excellent.

[OOC: Did it make Paul a legendary stonecrafter or something?]

Things have been getting better since Nosey's death, but that Akroma scares me. Some of the other dwarves are a bit... odd... as well.

Also, Durien liked the ring, and asked for another, which I made.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 04, 2008, 06:19:00 pm »

@penguinofhonor: Yes, Paul is now a legendary stonecrafter.

23rd Sandstone, 1053
Durien's log
The soldier Pagedtongs has finally returned from executing her punishment with the news that all of the fire imps are destroyed.  Naturally Halfman took several soldiers and went to make sure, and it is now official.  All that remains is to dig a single channel and the magma is ours!  Soldier Pagedtongs has repaired her reputation in the eyes of all, and Halfman and I have written that punishment for cowardice into the law of Nokzamoslan.  Perhaps it is a bit harsh, but at least the (hopefully few) dwarves who receive it are given a fighting chance, unlike the summary execuations that are carried out at Mafol Umam on the whim of the nobles.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32