Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32

Author Topic: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)  (Read 19246 times)

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
Re: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)
« Reply #240 on: March 03, 2008, 08:31:00 pm »

26th Hematite, 1053
Durien's log
Akroma has struck a native silver vein.  For some unexplained reason he was digging a shaft away from the lowest level of the cave in the general direction of the magma vent.  I asked him why he picked that place and direction, but all he would say was that he "had a feeling".  Regardless, with the silver strike he has certainly justified my decision in allowing him a pick.  Imp, however, has requested permission to dig out the silver, and with her unmatched skill in such matters, I will gladly leave the extraction to her.  I have a feeling Akroma was relieved, even though he said nothing.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 03, 2008, 08:53:00 pm »

10th Malachite, 1053
Durien's log
While digging out the native silver vein, Imp has discovered a cluster of horn silver.  All we truly lack now is flux material for steel, but neither Imp nor Akroma have any in the exploratory forays.  And Leo and Systar have too much work in their respective duties to wield a pick these days.  I think I will need to find another promising dwarf to help work the mines.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 03, 2008, 10:02:00 pm »

11th Malachite, 1053
Durien's log
With two rings in my collection, I find it is still not enough.  I love rings so much that I have ordered three more, particularly since Paul does such a good job of them.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 03, 2008, 10:19:00 pm »

24th Malachite, 1053
Durien's log
After much careful thought, I have decided to ban the export of bucklers.  Halfman tried to persuade me to ban shields instead, but I believe banning buckler exports is enough.  Besides, I like bucklers better than shields.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 03, 2008, 11:04:00 pm »

15th Galena, 1053
Durien's log
It has been almost two months since I sent the cowardly soldier out to deal with the imps and she has not returned.  Halfman took a squad out to discover what became of her.  Apparently she has managed to kill two fire imps, but insists that at least one more lives within the magma and patrols there still.  I believe she has done enough to erase the stigma of coward, but since I said she must kill all of the imps, I fear I cannot go back on my word.  I will, however, see to it that she has a steady supply of food and drink until the last imp is no more.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 03, 2008, 11:14:00 pm »

10th Limestone, 1053
Durien's log
The dwarven traders have returned, bringing several different kinds of seeds.  We will now be able to produce plants other than plump helmets, and gain more variety in our diet, and in our drinks more particularly.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 03, 2008, 11:18:00 pm »

13th Limestone, 1053
Durien's log
Paul has forsaken our society, and remains in his craftshop doing Kurol knows what.  It reminds me of when the other craftsdwarves had strange moods and created artifacts.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 03, 2008, 11:22:00 pm »

17th Limestone, 1053
Durien's log
Dogar discovered a goblin thief within our halls, and he tore it apart.  Remind me to never get on his bad side.

AlmostEverywhere

• Bay Watcher
  • Store item in stockpile
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 03, 2008, 11:26:00 pm »

From Whappsie's Diary:

All the soldiers are abuzz!  We're finally getting some real armor made!  No more of this leather clothing, or wooden shields, that caused the death of brave Nosey and poor Bappsie!  We're starting to train up in bows and hammers as well, so we won't be stuck trying to take on any bowgoblins barehanded.  We're hoping to never have a repeat of Nosey's Last Stand.  Halfman's doing a great job organizing us, and this other soldier, Grukol, seems particularly intent on learning from our mistakes.  Here's hoping we do!

I think the only thing that could make my training more enjoyable would be a nice fuzzy companion.  I've always liked dogs... maybe I'll talk to Durien one of these days about having a war dog or three assigned to me.  There's something about dogs' loyalty... I just can't get enough of them.  You can never have enough dogs!

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 03, 2008, 11:33:00 pm »

18th Limestone, 1053
Durien's log
The goblins have attempted to ambush us again.  A squad of seven axegoblins this time.  However, it seems that they were not thorough enough in scouting our perimeter, and chose the approach that would bring them closest to the hydra.  Our military and several civilians watched the ensuing carnage from the mountain above.  I believe I'll leave the hydra where he is.  He makes a very good guard of our eastern border, and with the impassable mountain to the north, we need only guard from the south and west.  Although I am certain Stredac Chasmhonored knows of us, he has not bothered us and we have returned the favor.  I think it safe that this present state of affairs continues in light of recent events.  Of course, should Stredac ever develop a taste for dwarf in addition to his clear taste for goblin...

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 03, 2008, 11:50:00 pm »

19th Limestone, 1053
Durien's log
Paul came to me today to show me his creation.  Yes, another artifact.  He'd decided to make a crown that he has named The Magical Rampart.  Out of hematite.  He has also had the good taste to include a picture of me on it, made out of rainbow trout bone.  All in all, I value it at 30,000*.  Most impressive.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 04, 2008, 06:26:00 am »

Whoa, did he do that bare-handed? I'd rather think he smashed its head in with his smithing hammer   :D

---

Dogar shifted uncomfortably in his seat at the dining hall. People seemed to be looking at him funnily. "What?" he said to the crowd in general. "Never seen a dwarf eat?" Suddenly he realized that there was still spatters of blood on him. He hadn't felt it through the layer of soot from the furnaces. His eyes narrowed. "It's medicinal. Very healthy, kobold blood. Helps with blisters. Now clear off or bring me dessert."
As if I'd let anyone sneak off with my armor. I put a lot of work into that one. Damned skulky rats. I better talk to Durien about getting us some proper guard dogs.

[ March 04, 2008: Message edited by: nahkh ]

Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.playingdeadcomic.com
« Reply #252 on: March 04, 2008, 10:34:00 am »

22nd Limestone, 1053, Diary of Kurn Inethestil

After a good workout in the barracks I decided to go for a stroll in the forest to ease my mind and air out my beard. Although I believe myself to be an outgoing dwarf, I'm having trouble making friends here for reasons that I would describe as: Being me.

So, in an attempt to do a little friend making, I swung by the dining hall to see if anyone else wanted to join me in a leisurely stroll along the eastern boarder. They all stared a' me like I 'ad grown a second head! "Yer Mad!" Dogar yelled at me from across his dinner plate. "The Hydra'll Eat ye!" I nearly dropped plump helmets in my pants!

Aparently there's been a Hydra lurkin' around this Lanlar forsaken place the whle time I've lived 'ere! I can't believe I didn't know! In hindsight, I should have put two and two together sooner... They told all the other immagrants that came with me about it, but I 'ad to run to the woods for a moment to releave m'self of that mornin's ale. The other recruits have talked about defending against hydra attacks as well but I thought it was all standard trainin' procedure.

Oy. I sure got myself into a mess what with doinkin' the Baron's wife.

DoctrZombie has been happy lately. He admired a masterwork poorly drawn webcomic lately.He wrote about a community fortress recently.

AlmostEverywhere

• Bay Watcher
  • Store item in stockpile
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 04, 2008, 12:40:00 pm »

Forbidthecorpsesforbidthecorpsesforbidthecorpses
OHFORTHELOVEOFGODDON'TFORGETTOFORBIDTHEGOBLINCORPSES!!!

Ahem.

From Whappsie's diary:

That creepy dwarf, Akroma, came up to me the other day.  He asked me for a favor.  He said he needed body parts, and wanted me to bring any fresh ones to him after battles.  When I asked him why, he said he was worried that Durien is watching him too closely.  He refused to say what this stuff was for!  I must admit, I just love secrets!

So I told him I would do it, but only if he would do me a favor.  I came here because of Bappsie, and now that she's dead I need to find the diary she kept in the mountainhomes; she must have hidden it here somewhere before I arrived!  I know Akroma's been here longer than me, so I asked him to look for the diary.  I can't spend much time searching... I've been kept busy training and Capt. Halfman keeps careful track of us.  When he asked why I wanted it so much I told him... it's a secret!

[ March 04, 2008: Message edited by: AlmostEverywhere ]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 04, 2008, 12:49:00 pm »

Akroma's log

My previous attempts to fix body parts toa living goblin failed, however I belief the new method I figured out might to the trick, even without the blood of the hydra, which is, sadly, impossible for me to obtain untill the local militia takes care of it for me. But after the berserk Nosey found what he was asking for, the morale is low, and people are on the way of "live and let live".

Sadly the dwarven coffins are still of limit to me, due to a too low death rate. The stuff in it is rotten anyway, so it is of little consequence. What I need is fresh material, stuff that still has some live in it. So I entrusted my request to one of the local militia, I forgot her name, but she's pretty new here and mostly doing her own thing. She seems somewhat reserved, and never goes out of her way to do more work than necessary, so i am confident she will do as I asked her, without telling anyone about it. If I can find that stupid diary, that is. I will start with searching the former housing of the one who once kept the diary.

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32