Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32

Author Topic: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)  (Read 19243 times)

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)
« Reply #225 on: March 03, 2008, 03:29:00 am »

So, Durien is now ordering a set of matched rings, eh? *wink wink*

Dogar sighed, as he finished organizing his tools, ready to me moved to the magma forge. Soon, he thought. Soon I'll be making proper armor for our soldiers to wear, as is traditional and ... proper. None of that elfy leather. They might just as well be naked! Dogar cussed silently and began cleaning out his pipe. The damnable thing was getting blocked more and more often.  I'll have to ask the human traders how to roll 'em cigars the next time they arrive. Much less fuss. Hey, I always thought paperwork might be good for something!

[ March 03, 2008: Message edited by: nahkh ]

Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Nos3y

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 03, 2008, 07:06:00 am »

Grukol's Journal
We took a heavy loss when Nosey fell in battle. He was an inspiration to all the military. Especially Me. But we mustn't dwell on the past, and look forward to the future! As Squad Leader to the Marksdwarves, I will make sure every dwarf under my command are top notch in skill. I will not fail our mountainhome!. As for Nosey, May he battle in the Blood God's grace for all eternity.

[ March 03, 2008: Message edited by: Nos3y ]

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 03, 2008, 09:13:00 am »

14th Hematite, 1053
Durien's log
One of the new wrestlers came across a kobold thief today.  Instead of dealing with the creature, she panicked and ran, leaving a war dog to chase it away.  Needless to say, she is no longer in our military.  As we have no need for cowards, I shall meet with Halfman and decide a fitting punishment.

[ March 03, 2008: Message edited by: Dame de la Licorne ]

If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 03, 2008, 09:37:00 am »

Akroma's log 15th hematite

Today I went to see the one who is in charge of this place. I told him that the military is not skilled enough for some real fighting, and that he should put up some traps to do the fighting in their stead. I pressed him on a few cage traps, so we can keep tham as "target practice"

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

AlmostEverywhere

• Bay Watcher
  • Store item in stockpile
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 03, 2008, 10:12:00 am »

Oh no, I'm dead!

Could I have another female military dwarf?  Call her Whappsie, Bappsie's old friend from the mountainhomes.  Hearing Bappsie had hidden away the most precious gem in dwarfdom, she came to try to coax her into revealing where it was.  Now that Bappsie's dead, she'll have to try to figure it out by going through her old things, looking for journals and maps and the like.

Imeka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 03, 2008, 11:36:00 am »

Imekas Diary:

10th Granite:
Goblins! I heard our military has killed them, but we lost our Sheriff and some Wrestlers. I'm just glad that I wasn't outside at that time, as I lack any skill in fighting. One more thing I have to learn until I can return home I guess.

7th Slate:
Some migrants arrived today. I carefully asked around for news from my old home, especially of my mother. Seems she died a while ago from thirst, stricken by melancholy as she was. And my father is surely executed by now. I have no relatives left, so only revenge is what calls me to return there.

26th Slate:
I heard that our military will be equipped with crossbows. I like crossbows, maybe I'll ask our new Sheriff if I can join the military and train with one. But not yet.

14th Hematite:
What kind of cowards is our military made of? Running from a kobold... I must admit that I'm afraid of them too, but thats just that I know that I'm too weak to fight against them. Next time I meet the Sheriff or Durien I ask if I can join the military as a marksdwarf.

[ March 03, 2008: Message edited by: Imeka ]

Halfman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 03, 2008, 07:30:00 pm »

Entry #109 Diary of Halfman

Well i talked to Durien and he's going to commission some crossbows for the troops. I can't wait to get my hands on one of em. Nothing like the power of a loaded crossbow. First though we need to train some of the troops in the way of the hammer. Don't want nobody running into the fray when they run outta ammo without knowing how to fight up close. I'll take it up with Durien. He's especially worried since he saw one of the greens run from a little kobold thief *laugh*. Maybe i can use some of that fear to push for better defenses. I'll need to get a map drawn up real soon too. I don't see anything good coming out of not knowing the lay of the land. Also I'm finally going to get a real jail. Took long enough. Maybe if I ask nice enough we'll be able to have a royal guard soon too. But i doubt it seeing as how long things seem to take around here.

Well diary so much has happened and I wrote to mother the other day. I really wish she would forgive me and write back.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 03, 2008, 07:34:00 pm »

15th Hematite, 1053
Durien's log
The human caravan returned today, arriving at the same time that another kobold showed up.  Fortunately another of our soldiers was nearby and took care of the thief.  The humans brought plenty of food and drink, as well as wood.  They took in trade the clothing off of the goblins.  Why anyone would pay so much for something they cannot wear is beyond me.  But then, anyone who lives aboveground their whole lives is crazy.

If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 03, 2008, 07:49:00 pm »

Finally, thought Dogar as he rolled up his first cigar. That old pipe was definitely losing it's flavor. As memory-encrusted as it may be, it did take a lot of puffing to get anything through it these days. The cigar took some time to get right, and even then it was a bit wobbly. Meh, practice makes perfect, he though while lighting the cigar. Dogar let his gaze wander around his workspace, but quickly stopped at the opposite wall. On it were deep vertical scratches, one for each fallen comrade. He sighed, and got back to work with grim determination.
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 03, 2008, 08:03:00 pm »

17th Hematite, 1053
Durien's log
My fellow dwarves have decided to re-elect me for another year as mayor.  I am glad they have such faith in me, and will try not to disappoint them.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 03, 2008, 08:05:00 pm »

18th Hematite, 1053
Durien's log
Another kobold thief was sighted not too far from some civilians.  Both showed true dwarven courage, chasing down the thief and killing it with their bare hands, even though they had no military training.  I hope our little coward takes a lesson from their behavior.

Ed-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://heiteinah.deviantart.com
« Reply #236 on: March 03, 2008, 08:14:00 pm »

Reinhold's diary: (ooc, i hate putting on date lines, so screw it).

I've been satisfied at work. I still hadn't the chance to work with glass, but, well, someday i'll.

A recent acquitance has died just recently in a goblin ambush. Such valiant effor will not go forgotten. If i can, i'll work on a statue and a coffin on his honor. Nosey, i wish we'd had more time to chat, but the fortress cannot stop. Here lies my honor for your valiant effort to keep this fortress on it's feet. Events like this makes me worry a lot about my dear husband.

OOC: Is Ezum still alive?

Our fortress seems to be taking quite of action as of lately. We've been raided by goblins and kobolds. Hopefully our guards will be able to hold those filth off our bondaries.  If any kobold tries to steal my future wares, i'll make sure they will taste my hands in their eyes.

For now, i'll just enjoy a drink.

Praise Lanlar!

quot;''Mike Haggar'' Jaritek let out a sinister laughter! ''Mike Haggar'' has began a mysterious construction! [Several slaughtered goblins later] ''Mike Haggar'' has created Murrdusk, a Goblin Blood Pond. The Pond Menaces with skulls of Goblins and is hi

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 03, 2008, 08:14:00 pm »

21st Hematite, 1053
Durien's log
Today I passed sentence on the cowardly dwarf, or rather, dwarfette.  After lengthy consultation with Halfman regarding the laws of our people, it appears that cowardice is not a legally punishable offence, only the great gods know why.  So we have chosen an adequate punishement.  Since she is a wrestler by training, she will be allowed her shield and sent to take out the fire imps.  Alone.  If she succeeds, her cowardice will be forgotten.  If she fails...well, we have no room for cowards.
On another note, it seems that the weaver, Imeka, has asked Halfman to be allowed to train as a marksdwarf.  He was favorable, and since we have two clothiers to share those tasks, I have agreed as well.  Halfman also brought up the suggestion to train marksdwarves with hammers for melee combat, a sound idea.  Of course, Grekk knows that she is to make weapons as soon as another forge becomes available, currently Dogar is churning out armor as fast as he can.  My father always said "defense before offense", and I find it is a good code.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 03, 2008, 08:17:00 pm »

@Ed-: Ezum's fine.  I think he was one of the last dwarves to enter the battle, and by then Halfman was taking out the bowgoblins like there was no tomorrow.

Ed-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://heiteinah.deviantart.com
« Reply #239 on: March 03, 2008, 08:21:00 pm »

Reinhold Diary's entry 2:

Everything seems to be fine as of lately. It's really great to see my husband in military. Makes me feel quite confortable if you ask me... And safe, should i add.

Working as always, but i feel like taking a break and meeting my fellow dwarves around. I think i'll ask the mayor for a sculpture garden, and if he approves, i'll gladly work on it, and by work on it, i mean, construct it with a few statues and whatever he may ask.

quot;''Mike Haggar'' Jaritek let out a sinister laughter! ''Mike Haggar'' has began a mysterious construction! [Several slaughtered goblins later] ''Mike Haggar'' has created Murrdusk, a Goblin Blood Pond. The Pond Menaces with skulls of Goblins and is hi
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32