Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32

Author Topic: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)  (Read 19245 times)

Nos3y

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)
« Reply #195 on: March 02, 2008, 07:26:00 am »

Nosey's Journal:
Apparently my lust for battle is a strange thing to these other dwarves. My father, and my father's father, and his before that have served in the defense of their fortresses for as long as I can remember! When Battle comes around, I am there to defend us, yet they see me as strange? On a side note: I've seen that Imp, has completely obliterated the cave dwellers... I have no idea whether to be happy, or to be completely angry...I wanted to kill those beasts....Oh well, I must go congratulate Imp for an outstanding victory.

OOC: Nosey's bloodthirsty mentality should show itself more when the chance of battle arrives, or when angered by another dwarf. Also, I don't recall (haven't played DF in a good month or so) Sheriff -> Captain of the Guard (which makes the dwarves under him, Fortress Guards). And those are controlled the same as any military dwarf. If so, keep sending him out to kill gobbos  :D

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 02, 2008, 08:39:00 am »

27th Opal, 1052
Durien's log
One of the woodcutters came up to me today, asking for reassignment in her duties.  Specifically to the glass furnace, once it's up and running.  Since our only other glassmaker is Paul, I made a note of the request.  I am sure she will get fulfilled once the furnaces are built and fully fueled.

And Dogar's relationship page:

If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Imeka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 02, 2008, 09:02:00 am »

Imekas Diary:

Most entries are unreadibly due to mud covering them

10th Limestone:
After hauling some goods to the depot I gossiped a bit with one of the caravan guards. Bad, really bad news for me from my home. My father is sentenced to death for treason, my brother killed resisting the guards. My mother was spared cause she went insane. And me too awaits death if I ever return. I know that I have done nothing and I believe my family to be innocent. Whose dirty hands are behind this all? I can only guess.

some more unreadable entries

14th Moonstone:
Bear, the strong ranger Bear is dead. I always admired her for her strength and now she is gone. And I, I have yet to decide if I stay (and likely die) here or return to the mountainhomes (and even more likely die).

3rd Opal:
Great news, the cave is almost clear of monsters! The greatest threat left is the Hydra. And the creatures of fire near the magma. Although I'm afraid of all these dangers, I will stay here for the time being. If I ever return to the mountainhomes I want to be strong enough to avoid the guards until I have avenged my family.

Ed-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://heiteinah.deviantart.com
« Reply #198 on: March 02, 2008, 09:22:00 am »

Oh! She likes War Hammers? Itīs more than perfect now... I gotta say, it's a personal taste of mine too.

Reinhold's diary entry:

Just recently i had a chat with the manager of the outpost. Such a gentleman! He kindly listened to my request and i'll be soon working with what i love! Glass!

My husband seems to be doing fine too. He was drafted to the military, but, well, i'm sure he'll be a valuable asset to the defense of this fortress.

Oh, you wouldn't even imagine how satisfied i was because i dined in a fantastic dining room just recently.

It'll be quite a pleasure to call Nokzamoslan my home. As i am doing already.

Off to work! Praise Lanlar!

quot;''Mike Haggar'' Jaritek let out a sinister laughter! ''Mike Haggar'' has began a mysterious construction! [Several slaughtered goblins later] ''Mike Haggar'' has created Murrdusk, a Goblin Blood Pond. The Pond Menaces with skulls of Goblins and is hi

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 02, 2008, 09:33:00 am »

20th Obsidian, 1052
Durien's log
Nosey has been most insupportable ever since Imp cleared the cave, and they are barely speaking to each other now.  I find myself in the uncomfortable position of mediator.  Imp blames Nosey for the death of her friend Baer, and Nosey is furious that a civilian carried out the military's task.  However, since the magma channels are fully dug and need only be connected to the vent, I believe I will send him out to deal with the fire imps.  I hope that will calm him down a little.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 02, 2008, 09:40:00 am »

1st Granite, 1053
Durien's log
It is difficult to believe we have survived here two years already, with only one death.  I am sure the Baron will be disappointed.  We have run out of drink again, for Systar is still bedridden, and the dwarf I assigned to brew is completely unskilled and must learn the task from scratch.  I would wish for another somewhat skilled brewer to take over, but as brewers are in great demand in the mountainhomes, I do not believe any will come here and so we must suffer sobriety while the trainee brewer learns the craft.  The rest of our stocks are healthy enough.

--------------
Legendary Dwarves:
Imp -> legendary miner (the hard way)
T'Malia -> legendary stonecrafter (by artifact)

[ March 02, 2008: Message edited by: Dame de la Licorne ]

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 02, 2008, 10:29:00 am »

10th Granite, 1053
Durien's log
I can barely put my pen to paper to write these words, and yet I must.  Our military won a victory today at great cost.  Nosey and the other soldiers, eleven in all, had gone to fight the fire imps, and yet it turns out they were not the real threat.  Bappsie gave the warning, and paid with her life.  They had been ambushed by a squad of five goblins, four bowgoblins and a hammergoblin.  Nosey charged valiantly, and managed to kill the hammergoblin, before the bowgoblins took him down.  I am sure it is the death he would have wished.  The other nine dwarves charged the bowmen, but five were cut down like animals.  Seeing the death of so many comrades, it seems Halfman entered a martial trance and, weaving through the flying bolts, took down every single bowgoblin by himself.  Halfman has reported most of these events, and the rest I have obtained from the other surviving soldiers.  I am told, that had the soldiers had metal armor instead of leather, perhaps more would have survived.  I do know that I will push the production of weapons and armor much harder now, even though it is too late for those dead.  I have promoted Halfman to Sheriff, but it is of cold comfort with the loss of so many.  

OOC: Nosey's corpse is northeast of the hammergoblin corpse, while Halfman is standing next to two bowgoblin corpses.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 02, 2008, 10:36:00 am »

12th Granite, 1053
Durien's log
The elven caravan has returned, it seems.  As they approached the fort, they saw several dwarves bearing goblin corpses to the dump pile, and expressed varying degrees of horror.  At first we thought it was at the sight of a goblin, but they very soon dispelled that idea.  They were horrified by the sight of a dead goblin.  Apparently their plant-loving tree-worshipping respect of all life even extends to those who would kill everyone not of their kind.  I'd like to see what they would do were they faced with live goblins.  I'm sure it would be amusing, whatever the outcome.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 02, 2008, 10:52:00 am »

Arkoma's log 10th granite

The recent slaughters have proven themself fruitful for my research. I didn't dare taking the dwarven corpses, yet. This fortress is so small, every missing body would be noticed. Instead I took care of 1 dead, and 1 unconcsious goblin.
The unconscious goblin lost a hand. I will attempt to replace it by the dead goblins hand. The skin color isn't quite matching, but I guess he won't object.

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 02, 2008, 11:13:00 am »

17th Granite, 1053
Durien's log
I was going to trade with the elves, but then I realized that one of the dead soldiers had left behind a somewhat used x<pike>x.  I think I'll claim it.  I'll go put it away before doing anything else.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 02, 2008, 11:38:00 am »

26th Granite, 1053
Durien's log
Once again I have managed to broker a deal with the elves, a better one than last year, too.  I took all the wood they had to offer, as well as the food, and some plant cloth that our clothier had asked for.  With the wood, I have asked T'Malia to build some siege engines, to defend the front gates.  Some of the wood is being burnt to fuel the forge, so that Dogar can make some real armor for our soldiers before they attack the fire imps.  We have too few soldiers to risk them otherwise.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 02, 2008, 11:42:00 am »

7th Slate, 1053
Durien's log
More migrants have arrived today, far more than I ever expected at once.  It seems Nokzamoslan is becoming the criminal dump for all of the high-ranking nobles.  As long as they do not break any laws here, I will ask no questions.  But with so many dwarves, I have been named mayor, and Sheriff Halfman has become Captain of the Guard.  He wants recruits for a fortress guard, and I have sent roughly half of the new arrivals to the military barracks.  I was most pleased to note a brewer among them, Kurol be praised we shall soon have something decent to drink!  There was also an animal caretaker and I have assigned her to train the many dogs running around into war dogs.  The next time goblins attack they will find a force to be reckoned with waiting for them.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 02, 2008, 11:43:00 am »

New migrants:
1 gem setter (male) turned soldier
1 peasant (female)
1 child (male)
1 jeweler (male) turned soldier
1 fishery worker (male) turned soldier
1 miller (male) turned soldier
1 peasant (male)
1 trapper (female) turned soldier
1 brewer (female)
1 animal dissector (female) turned soldier
1 herbalist (female) turned soldier
1 fish cleaner (male)
1 pump operator (male)
1 mechanic (female)
1 tanner (female)
1 cook (male)
1 animal caretaker (female) turned trainer
1 peasant (female) turned soldier
1 fishery worker (female)
1 peasant (male) turned soldier
a puppy
an aurochs calf

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 02, 2008, 11:45:00 am »

Nooo, not Nosey!

;.;

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 02, 2008, 12:06:00 pm »

Akroma's log

The experiment can be concidered a failure. The replaced hand rotted off, and the goblin died of the infection. I need something that allows a rapid cell-regenaration.
I wonder if it is true that hydras can grow back their heads.

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32