Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32

Author Topic: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)  (Read 19242 times)

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
Re: Nokzamoslan, the exiles (a community fortress)
« Reply #180 on: March 01, 2008, 07:35:00 pm »

21st Sandstone, 1052
I met with Thob, the liaison, again today.  I asked for more alcohol, and meat, as well as some different kinds of seeds.  She informed me that the Baron wants anvils.  Ten of them.  And if he doesn't get them he'll send us something worse than a hydra.  I managed to get her to agree to payment in installments, but I have no intention of giving the baron so much as a bone, much less an anvil.  Let him do his worst, I am through doing as he says.  At least I managed to get one anvil from the caravan, for they are ridiculously expensive.  But at least now we can make our own, which gives us relative freedom.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 01, 2008, 08:24:00 pm »

23rd Sandstone, 1052
Durien's log
Twelve more migrants have arrived today, and four of them have joined our growing military.  The others will be put to work, of which there is an unending supply.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 01, 2008, 08:28:00 pm »

Migrant list is as follows:
1 craftsdwarf (female)
1 lye maker (male) turned soldier
1 herbalist (male)
2 kids (male)
1 mechanic (male) turned soldier
1 peasant (female) turned soldier
1 child (female)
1 woodcutter (female) -> Ed-
1 peasant (male) turned soldier
1 lye maker (female)
1 peasant (male) turned soldier
1 giant coccoon spider adult, 1 spiderling

@Ed-: The woodcutter likes clear glass, both male peasants like crystal glass.  Since it may be awhile before a glassworker that likes clear glass shows up, would you rather take one of those three?

[ March 02, 2008: Message edited by: Dame de la Licorne ]

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 01, 2008, 09:21:00 pm »

2nd Moonstone, 1052
Durien's log
The last month has been very quiet, and the magma channels are nearly complete.  We must wait to release the waiting lava until the fortifications are finished, but meanwhile I will send Nosey out with his more experienced troops to take care of the fire imps, leaving the raw recruits behind.  Imp and, more particularly, Leo refuse to finish the job without some guarantee of safety.  I wish our soldiers well.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 01, 2008, 09:45:00 pm »

14th Moonstone, 1052
Durien's log
I have sad tidings this day.  It has been over a week since Baer last left, and Grekk, crazy dwarf that she is, finally ventured into the cave after Baer.  Grekk has returned with Baer's remains, and we will make haste to bury them properly.  Her husband and son are the hardest hit by this tragedy, though we are all feeling the effects.  I count ourselves lucky that we have gone this long without losing a dwarf, but clearly our luck could not hold.  Farewell, Baerolyn Portalelders.  May Lanlar watch over your spirit.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 01, 2008, 10:29:00 pm »

3rd Opal, 1052
Imp entered Durien's office, covered in blood and gore, obviously exhausted, yet with a satisfied air about her.
"Imp!  Where've you been?  I've been worried sick!"
"The cave's liberated, in case you were interested.  There's only a ratman left and he can be dealt with easily enough."
"How do you know that?"  Durien asked, puzzled.
"I've been there.  Oh, I've also sealed off the entrance so no other creatures can get in.  It's safe enough now."
"But...there're almost a dozen troglodytes in there."
"Were.  I...dealt with them.  They needed to be punished for daring to kill my friend Baer."  She suddenly yawned.  "if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go sleep for a month."

OOC: She went through two naked mole dogs and eight troglodytes like they were nothing.  Baer's dropped clothing and equipment is two lines south of the southernmost naked mole dog corpse.  Imp is standing among/on top of six troglodyte corpses.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 01, 2008, 10:44:00 pm »

9th Opal, 1052
Durien's log
No sooner had we verified that Imp was right and that the cave was cleared out of the dangerous denizens, than T'Malia began acting oddly.  She has claimed a craftshop and begun gathering things.  I suppose she will finish with the creation of another artifact, as the other two dwarves did who behaved in such a fashion.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 01, 2008, 10:45:00 pm »

(Wow, that's pretty wicked!  :eek:

Just out of curiosity, was Imp using her sword, or did she just impale them with her pick?)

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 01, 2008, 10:56:00 pm »

She was using her pick.  She only got a light gray injury to her upper body and was 'over-exerted' by the end, but not a single other scratch.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 01, 2008, 11:08:00 pm »

From a hastily scrawled note left on top of scrubs table after breakfast:

Migrants today! At last! And two of them comrades in arms in the war against disease. I must convine with the two lye makers (one of whom was sent to the barracks) and work them over to helping me convince our glorious leader to save some of the ash that he plans to use in creating clear glass statues for the purpose of making lye, and eventually... soap. Glorious soap!

Strange Graffitti left on the outside of the door of the meeting hall sometime between when the migrants and left it:

Fight against infection, improve the speedy recovery of our injured friends in the barracks. Support SOAP today! (P.S. It also goes well with kitten roast and Dwarven Rum! If you are so inclined)

Another note, left trampled on the floor in the wake of the migrants moving to start their new jobs:

Durien's plan for a wading pool seems solid, except for the force caused by screw pumps when they pump water across a surface. Perhaps we could work out a design that draws water up from the aquifer above the shower room, drops it over the passing dwarves, and then returns in to the aquifer. I've heard of similar systems used for ... (rest of note illegible.

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 01, 2008, 11:11:00 pm »

16th Opal, 1052
Durien's log
It seems T'Malia has completed her undertaking.  And it is...another andesite bracelet menacing with spikes of andesite.  However, she has made an image of larches and encircled the bracelet with hematite, which makes the whole thing rather more valuable than the others.  It is worth 21,600* to my expert eye, and I complimented her as she deserved.  I imagine she will want to keep it, and I have no objection.  Considering most of us are stuck here, I think it wise that we each have some small, personal comfort.  Much like Leo and his dog.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 01, 2008, 11:25:00 pm »

18th Opal, 1052
Durien's log
Systar has came back with a yellow upper body injury.  She would not say how she got it, but one of the soldiers said she had caught sight of Systar near the magma, so perhaps she ran afoul of the fire imps there.  It seems that Imp's triumph in the cave has given many dwarves a false sense of security.  I hope it will not take more deaths to remind them of the dangers beyond the walls.

Ed-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://heiteinah.deviantart.com
« Reply #192 on: March 01, 2008, 11:45:00 pm »

The woodcutter will be perfect.

Thanks =)

quot;''Mike Haggar'' Jaritek let out a sinister laughter! ''Mike Haggar'' has began a mysterious construction! [Several slaughtered goblins later] ''Mike Haggar'' has created Murrdusk, a Goblin Blood Pond. The Pond Menaces with skulls of Goblins and is hi

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 02, 2008, 05:03:00 am »

Akroma's log, 12th opal

Today I went to visit the woodworkers, and request a few animal traps from them. They said they will see what they can do, eventhough most of the wood is reserved for barrels and beds.
But what should I do ?
The local warmongers never take hostages, or even have the decency to kill them without slicing them to pieces that are smaller than a rat.

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 02, 2008, 07:09:00 am »

You've captured Dogar's personality pretty well it seems  :D
Could you please post his relationships page?

(Akroma is beginning to sound more and more like Herbert West to me :P)

At last, a chance to pursue my real craft, thought Dogar, and puffer his pipe happily. And with magma, no less. Back at the old forge we had to make do without such luxury. I can't wait to put all this iron into good use.
Dogar lifted the latest bar to the stack and turned off the bellows. In the glow of the cooling furnace he reflected for a while that coming here may well be the best thing to happen to him in a long while. Hydras or not.
Dogar glanced slyly at the in-tray, filled with stacks of paper demanding more bars to be made. He took the stack, placed it carefully in a cupboard, and wandered off to find a drink.

Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32